Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Curratum

Why are you winding yourselves up that the game is going to be terrible, though? It's the one game that we don't have footage from. CP2077, I can understand, VtM 2 too. But we have nothing on BG3 and everyone is already sitting down with their popcorn.

How about let's just watch the footage / trailer first?

Boomer_007

Novice
Why are you winding yourselves up that the game is going to be terrible, though? It's the one game that we don't have footage from. CP2077, I can understand, VtM 2 too. But we have nothing on BG3 and everyone is already sitting down with their popcorn.

naaaa... buthurting and speculating for no reason is more interesting than this

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Early Access, eh? I might get it, but it all depends on how the gameplay reveal unfolds and how the rpg systems are like.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I can't wait for mindx2 with his lil' hands to beat up once more RPG Watch in a match of Baldur's Gate 3!?

RTWP? oh wait... :)
I thought about attending PAX East just to see this but decided it's not worth the time or cost. Besides, I imagine Swen/Larian is too big now to grant an interview to the lil' old Codex nowadays... :cry:

Harthwain

Magister
I can't wait for mindx2 with his lil' hands to beat up once more RPG Watch in a match of Baldur's Gate 3!?

RTWP? oh wait... :)
I thought about attending PAX East just to see this but decided it's not worth the time or cost. Besides, I imagine Swen/Larian is too big now to grant an interview to the lil' old Codex nowadays... :cry:
I thought nobody is going to turn down free publicity (you know "I don't care what the newspapers say about me as long as they spell my name right" kind of deal)? I mean, at the very least send an e-mail. It's not like this is going to cost you anything. If anything you should be afraid of getting the interview and then Sven dodging all of your questions.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Seems to happen every time.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
D&D 5e have a lot less magic item loot than older edition.

Attunement is the limit.
A character can be attuned to max 3 item.

A simple +1 weapon don’t require attunement.

but a vorpal or a flametounge yes.

a +1 armor: no attunment, a fire resistance armor require attunement.

Capes belts rings wandsetc etc are going to require attunement (unless it’s have a minor magical effect).

The hard part of 5e is adapting to the lower numbers.

at lvl 1 a fighter with 16 str have a +5 to hit. (unless you roll the stats and start with 18+2=20)

at lvl 20 with 20 str (the max for a character unless a barbarian or magical items) have +11 to hit.

also in 5e all bonus stack, so they have to limit the number of items you can use.
https://www.dndbeyond.com/sources/basic-rules/magic-items

Man, the more I learn about 5e, the more fucktarded it seems. I'd take 3.5e cheese over that any day.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I imagine Swen/Larian is too big now to grant an interview to the lil' old Codex nowadays..

I don't think so.
I think Swen is the kind of guy that doesn't forget his "humble" beginnings.

Maybe today is more hard to get a hold of him because of some lackeys from PR department that shield him and doesn't know Swen and the Codex share some history. :)

But because I learnt the hard way that “Pride goeth before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall” I figured over the weekend that it was important to find a counterbalance and therefore decided to visit another site this morning…(insert doomy music)

THE RPGCODEX !!!

Specifically, the RpgCodex forums, your daily antidote to thinking you’re getting anywhere in the world of CRPGs, unless your name happens to be Chris Avellone.

And lo and behold, they didn’t disappoint

For those not familiar with the RPGCodex, it’s where you go if you’re looking for a hefty dose of RPG critical analysis wrapped in imaginative language (often involving gastrointestinal issues). Now despite the occasionally interesting wording and tendency to rant about what makes a true RPG, I think that more than often the posters there represent the unvented opinion of a lot of players, and if you’re into making RPG’s, you can learn a lot by reading between the lines. In the same breath I have to add that you’ll also need a very thick hide, preferably made of dinosaur scales, especially if you already dared release a RPG that they played. But together with the RPGWatch forums, you can get a lot of “market research” done by just spending some time there. [...] I’ll happily extend an invitation to one of them to come to our offices so we can show the game. I’m serious btw guys , but you’ll have to agree on who you send as an emissary, the emissary obviously being the person who knows a real CRPG from a a mutated adventure (evil grin )
- Swen, 4 feb 2013

http://www.lar.net/2013/02/04/larian-kickstarter/

Last edited:

Basshead

Educated
Who knows what kinds of horrible rape will be done to the corpse of yet another beloved franchise from my youth. Can’t be worse than what Disney has done to Star Wars or Bethesda has done to fallout....right?

So unspeakably terrible in its own right? Yes.

But I actually hope for a somewhat better result.

I too hope for something better, but hope can be a dangerous thing.

Elex

Arbiter
I imagine Swen/Larian is too big now to grant an interview to the lil' old Codex nowadays..

I don't think so.
I think Swen is the kind of guy that doesn't forget his "humble" beginnings.

Maybe today is more hard to get a hold of him because of some lackeys from PR department that shield him and doesn't know Swen and the Codex share some history. :)

But because I learnt the hard way that “Pride goeth before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall” I figured over the weekend that it was important to find a counterbalance and therefore decided to visit another site this morning…(insert doomy music)

THE RPGCODEX !!!

Specifically, the RpgCodex forums, your daily antidote to thinking you’re getting anywhere in the world of CRPGs, unless your name happens to be Chris Avellone.

And lo and behold, they didn’t disappoint

For those not familiar with the RPGCodex, it’s where you go if you’re looking for a hefty dose of RPG critical analysis wrapped in imaginative language (often involving gastrointestinal issues). Now despite the occasionally interesting wording and tendency to rant about what makes a true RPG, I think that more than often the posters there represent the unvented opinion of a lot of players, and if you’re into making RPG’s, you can learn a lot by reading between the lines. In the same breath I have to add that you’ll also need a very thick hide, preferably made of dinosaur scales, especially if you already dared release a RPG that they played. But together with the RPGWatch forums, you can get a lot of “market research” done by just spending some time there. [...] I’ll happily extend an invitation to one of them to come to our offices so we can show the game. I’m serious btw guys , but you’ll have to agree on who you send as an emissary, the emissary obviously being the person who knows a real CRPG from a a mutated adventure (evil grin )
- Swen, 4 feb 2013

http://www.lar.net/2013/02/04/larian-kickstarter/

So we are the reason why Swen wear a plate armor?

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/bald...eam-early-access-in-2020-according-to-hasbro/

Baldur’s Gate 3 is coming to Steam Early Access in 2020 according to Hasbro
February 22, 2020 John Papadopoulos 4 Comments

During an investor event at the New York Toy Fair, Hasbro revealed that Baldur’s Gate 3 will release later this year on Steam Early Access. In other words, and similarly to Larian Studios’ previous titles, Baldur’s Gate 3 will have an Early Access phase.

Hasbro has also stated that it has seven D&D games under development. In 2020, Hasbro aims to release Baldur’s Gate 3 and Dark Alliance. Then, Hasbro plans to release one D&D game each and every year until 2025.

As we’ve already reported, Larian Studios will reveal the first gameplay footage for Baldur’s Gate 3 at PAX East 2020. Or to be more precises, on February 27 at 15:30 ET.

The final version of Baldur’s Gate 3 will come out on Steam and GOG, but not on the Epic Games Store. Or at least that was Larian’s initial plan.

Stay tuned for more!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom