Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic The Might and Magic Discussion Thread

What is the best Might & Magic game in the series?

• Might and Magic: Book I

Votes: 17 2.3%
  • Might and Magic II: Gates to Another World

Votes: 29 3.9%
  • Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra

Votes: 59 8.0%
  • Might and Magic: World of Xeen

Votes: 180 24.5%
  • Might and Magic: Swords of Xeen

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven

Votes: 208 28.3%
  • Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor

Votes: 128 17.4%
  • Might and Magic VIII: Day of the Destroyer

Votes: 26 3.5%
  • Might and Magic IX

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Might and Magic X

Votes: 73 9.9%

• Total voters

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
feels like yesterday when we were talking about poe tactics and weirdly enough you had three times camping supplies everyone else had and got outed as story mode player...
how have you grown my kebab loving friend!
I have grown well,thank you,my goat fucking friend. You could ask your mum for citation :smug:.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
The only M&M game I've managed to play to completion is M&M X + expansion. :(

If you're like me and prefer the turn-based style of MMX then Wirzardry is where you want to go, supposedly. I haven't played it but that's what everyone told me. Gonna try it soonish. As for M&M, I'd recommend 6 since it's slightly more modern and free roaming, and is the one I actually stuck with and finished when I tried the series out originally in 2005 or so.

JDR13

Arcane
The only M&M game I've managed to play to completion is M&M X + expansion. :(

If you're like me and prefer the turn-based style of MMX then Wirzardry is where you want to go, supposedly. I haven't played it but that's what everyone told me. Gonna try it soonish. As for M&M, I'd recommend 6 since it's slightly more modern and free roaming, and is the one I actually stuck with and finished when I tried the series out originally in 2005 or so.

Wizardry 8 is one of my all-time favorite blobbers. I've tried the older titles as well, but, unless you truly love a retro experience, they're a little hard to stomach without the nostalgia of having played them back in the day.

I've played M&M 6 but not to completion. I like it, but man those pixels are tough on the eyes on a modern monitor. Someone really needs to remaster it or find a way to run it at a higher resolution.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I don't think boosted stats count when checking stat requirements.
as in only black potions and barrels count? 50 is quite a bit to get without potions.
Unless boost from items counts too? Id say its temporary too no?
Item boost does count,you could stack a bunch of rings and other accessory to get 50. Temporary stat boosts don't count in MM7,but item boosts are seen as permanent.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I don't think boosted stats count when checking stat requirements.
as in only black potions and barrels count? 50 is quite a bit to get without potions.
Unless boost from items counts too? Id say its temporary too no?
Item boost does count,you could stack a bunch of rings and other accessory to get 50. Temporary stat boosts don't count in MM7,but item boosts are seen as permanent.
i dont have access to such items anyway, not unless i cheese some dragon and savescum int boost artifact
:prosper:
The fuck are you talking about lol?! You could find magical rings everywhere. You have like 40 slots to put the on,i just collect all kind of them and upgrade them when i find better one. That shit adds up,a few intel points here and few there,by that time you could get 50 intel in accessories. Also the most important thing of the region is the master of water magic. I don't go there without a book of town portal with me.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Playing WoX right now. Is there a keyboard command for selecting what enemy to target? I'm using keyboard for everything else and it's annoying to use the mouse for one action.

edit: just remembered that when looking at quests, U and D for Up and Down don't seem to work, so I guess that's another time I use the mouse.

kryminator

Augur
You can buy some INT boosting shit in shops in Nighon, especially in shop with misc. items. It might need savescumming, though.
And there is altar in bottom left corner of the map boosting Your INT and PER by 10 permanently. Maybe not the ultimate solution but should help to be closer to magical 50 INT barrier.

kryminator

Augur
MM7. Simple question, guys - Is Tomb of the Master (part of Ninja promotion quest) available for Light path?

EDIT: Thanks!

Last edited:

Parsifarka

Arcane
Playing WoX right now. Is there a keyboard command for selecting what enemy to target? I'm using keyboard for everything else and it's annoying to use the mouse for one action.

edit: just remembered that when looking at quests, U and D for Up and Down don't seem to work, so I guess that's another time I use the mouse.
Late reply, but if you haven't found out yet know that you can use numbers to move through targets (1 is the top of the enemy list).

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Just wanted to drop by and brag about finally finishing Might and Magic VI. Phew, this was a long run, my old body is barely fit for playing these long, oldschool games. But I did it!
2piEL9B.png

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
I don't remember if I asked this or not, but is there a limit to how many skills a character can learn in MM6? The leather armour instances I have collected are taking too much inventory space yet I'm still hesitant to sell them off when I could put them to better use, that is to be worn by my casters.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
MM7. Simple question, guys - Is Tomb of the Master (part of Ninja promotion quest) available for Light path?

EDIT: Thanks!

*mm7*
*uses melee class in darkside game*

fxa2n4z.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom