Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Devil May Cry 5

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Even in DMC3, it is tough beating Vergil without a revival. Son of Sparda had me using 3 sometimes.

I fucking stopped at Vergil in DMC3 because I couldn't be arsed to redo entire level every time I take a break from fight. Fuck that saving system. In DMC5 currently I'm at that fight in Son of Sparda and haven't used an orb so far but getting tempted to. I use Royal Guard for most of this fight, and it's the only fight I use it for. Already almost killed him once, but good thing bosses in this game just keep getting stronger the closer they are to dying. :argh: I'm guessing all the Gold Orbs I accumulated will be spent in DMD, I will run out of patience there.

sullynathan

Arcane
Even in DMC3, it is tough beating Vergil without a revival. Son of Sparda had me using 3 sometimes.

I fucking stopped at Vergil in DMC3 because I couldn't be arsed to redo entire level every time I take a break from fight. Fuck that saving system. In DMC5 currently I'm at that fight in Son of Sparda and haven't used an orb so far but getting tempted to. I use Royal Guard for most of this fight, and it's the only fight I use it for. Already almost killed him once, but good thing bosses in this game just keep getting stronger the closer they are to dying. :argh: I'm guessing all the Gold Orbs I accumulated will be spent in DMD, I will run out of patience there.
DMD has killed me on every boss that isn't goliath and Gilgamesh.

You don't know how infuriating it is to fight Artemis and doing a bunch of damage to just get two shotted by one of her flying projectiles. Killing her with no gold orbs took about an hour, and I had to power through at the ending when I was close to death. I tried doing the ragtime combo I usually see in those combo videos, but it's a lot more difficult to pull off in motion, I wonder what their controller config is.

While Son of Sparda Vergil was too tough after a while. I just checked out and powered through with gold orbs.

This one looks really good. I wanted to play that musou berserk game, but this will do.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Apparentely you can counter Vergil's attacks with Nero's drop kick:

However I dislike how much time you have to perform a buster move on Vergil. I thought that long time window has only available on Devil Hunter and Human but it seems it's even on DMD.

Yeah I gave up on Vergil in SOS difficulty, had to forego my initial goal of saving all Gold Orbs for DMD. Some of his more annoying attacks happen too fast for me to react properly, like that "reality slash" or whatever the fuck that is. It happens too fast for me to get the fuck out of area reliably. He seems quite a bit easier with Nero though, especially after I accidentally discovered that I can grab him during that flying charge. Still ended up using an orb even with Nero, with the way he starts sperging out with low health I just found it too annoying.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Apparentely last wee the game received an update that removes the Denuvo DRM, greatly improving performance.
It's seems like the common strategy these days, have a DRM in the first year to protect sales, then remove it. And it would work if the game hadn't been cracked in the first month...

But more importantly the DMC3 SE Switch port got released yesterday.
And it came with 2 new features:
-a freestyle mode that allows player to instantly switch both styles and weapons without taking a trip to divinity statue;
-and Local Co-Op for Bloody Palace.

But I guess doing this for 5 is just too much of a hassle.
Seriously Capcom can fuck itself for dropping this game in just 1 month.

"reality slash" or whatever the fuck that is. It happens too fast for me to get the fuck out of area reliably.

With Dante it's easy to dodge that. Just switch to Trickster and dash away.

"reality slash" or whatever the fuck that is. It happens too fast for me to get the fuck out of area reliably.

With Dante it's easy to dodge that. Just switch to Trickster and dash away.

It's easy on Devil Hunter, on Son of Sparda it happens too fast to always do it reliably. Plus I'm stuck with X360 pad now because one of buttons on XOne stopped working, so quickly switching styles with that garbage D-pad ain't even reliable.

Lambach

Arcane
Yeah I gave up on Vergil in SOS difficulty, had to forego my initial goal of saving all Gold Orbs for DMD.

To beat him on SOS without Orbs, I had to start learning how 2 Royal Guard from scratch basically, as I've never used it either in 3, 4 or 5. Boy, is that Style OP as all hell when mastered.

Unfortunately, I never got the chance to face him again on DMD because that difficulty turns V's levels into the most tedious slog I've experienced in a video-game in a very, very long time and I gave up.

Yes, Royal Guard is the only way I can stand a chance against him, I learned it for that fight alone back in Devil Hunter already. :lol: I'm just not good enough to do it on SOS. I can take out more than half his health with RG but then he starts going completely nuts and suddenly I cannot time parries for shit. And V is the big reason why I've been saving Orbs for DMD, I expect to spend a whole bunch of them on his levels because I cannot be arsed to master that faggot. I wish we got another Dante-only game but i guess that's too much to hope for now. Nero is ok but even he is lacking compared to Dante. And V is just retarded.

Last edited:

sullynathan

Arcane
I tried the Berserk mod, installing it was more retarded than other mods but still easy enough.

Mod is pretty great, and I'm surprised that the guys who did it got down to cool details like having the berserker armor "activate" when using Nero's DT. Now, if they can also replace all the other DMC demons with Berserk demons so we get a Guts vs Griffith, who turns into Femto when Vergil uses DT. that will be also great.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Unfortunately, I never got the chance to face him again on DMD because that difficulty turns V's levels into the most tedious slog I've experienced in a video-game in a very, very long time and I gave up.
And V is just retarded.

I've been dong some searching around this, and it appears that generally speaking the vast majority of western players are indeed unwelcome to V (much the same way they were to Nero in 4), but eastern players for the most part absolutely love V. And in fact every single V combo video I've seen so far are from asians:

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Literally who cares? are asians supposed to be paragon of taste?
The best way to describe the feel of playing V is that it's like you're controlling three moba characters simultaneously with a gamepad.
It isn't what I'm looking for in a character action game and I'd not complaint about such as character if it were an option to spice gameplay for those who are into this sorta thing but as a mandatory character in certain missions? eh, please don't.

The way the game scores him doesn't particularly reward doing the more spectacular things either. The real way to play him to high score is spammy as fuck. Easiest character I've found to get high scores with, at the cost of my fingers and fun.

As for DMC4 Nero, while some people disdain him mechanically, his bigger issue is that he really was a proto-nuDonte. I've always felt the Donte of DMC reboot was more of an amplified Nero-as-Dante character than a reimaging of Dante. DMC4 Nero has negative charisma.

Mechanically Dante in DmC felt like a mix of both Dante and Nero to me. I'm one of few people who didn't hate that game it seems.
V is definitely the easiest one to get high scores with, all I need to do is to spam X+Y buttons for a bit, then hold them both for charged attacks, release them, spam both buttons again, charge again. One of the things I really hate is how sometimes V fails his execute move if he's in air, and also he gets launched into the air if I try to execute enemy from too long a distance, then I instinctively press execute again while he still hasn't landed and he fails yet again. Motherfuckers, the one thing V gets to actually do in combat is that execute move and even that is fucking clunky. Also, some of those execute animations last way too long.

Last edited:

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
As others have stated before, V should be how a hypothetical summoner class in Dragons Dogma should play. He can fck the hell off from DMC.

Last edited:
For next game they should just make all missions playable with any character you want, if they're gonna continue with that multiple character approach.

Last edited:

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Devil May Cry 6 is in early planning phase
Devil May Cry 5, RE2,3 &7 will all get Special Edition releases on PS5 and XsX

DMC5SE will include online Coop Bloody Palace, along with Vergil, Trish, Lady and Lucia as additional playable characters, and 4 new cutscenes.
Two DMC spinoff projects are being considered, one based off the canceled PSP DMC title, and the other a sequel to DmC developed internally at Capcom.

According to a reddit guy: https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/fb6fuw/capcoms_future/

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Hope those new characters come with new levels.
But that's being fabulously optimistic. It will probably be like 3/4SE, one or two new cutscenes and the same levels. At least they should make the SE a purchable addon and not force people to buy the whole again (but that's also too optimistic).
Fucking shameful really. There's no reason we shouldn't have at least Co-Op BP and Turbo by now.
Also I don't think I'll buy the next game. To me the series peaked with 5, there's no room left for gameplay improvements, they should just make expansions with new levels.

Deflowerer

Arcane
"Remakes of RE1,0,CV and 4 have been greenlit , and will take place in the New RE timeline."

LOL.

LOL as in I call massive bullshit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom