Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Puukko

Arcane
Chrono Cross Two: Time-hopping Boogaloo!

Character/boss/location spoilers.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo

This game STILL being untranslated IS STILL a crime against humanity for every blobber fan out there.
This game oozes with atmosphere and puts every PS3 Wizardry title, and most other current JRPG dungeon crawlers to shame.

3RD FLOOR
Bigger version

10TH FLOOR
Bigger Version

Last edited:

Mark Richard

Arcane
Pathologic 2 is the prequel to Resident Evil 4. You take the role of RE4's merchant, who must max out his seamstress skill, upgrading his coat with enough pockets and fastenings to rival the storage space of Batman's utility belt.

KoH13cF.png

I love the inventory in this game. All the items have a distinct look and manage to pop while staying true to the grimy setting. In the original Pathologic they kinda looked like store-bought assets. It was difficult to tell what anything was at a glance.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
KCD - Just a leisurely hunting trip.

Kingdom_Come__Deliverance_2_24_2020_11_32_40_PM.png

Chasing deers around on horseback. End of the hunt tally: 3 deers, 2 boars, and a rabbit.

Kingdom_Come__Deliverance_2_24_2020_11_38_00_PM.png

RAGE2 - What is up with this game's art direction?
There is more to do in this game's open-world compared to KCD - but damn, it's killing my eyes and interest rapidly.

RAGE_2_2_23_2020_4_03_56_PM.png

RAGE_2_2_23_2020_3_56_25_PM.png

RAGE_2_2_23_2020_11_47_13_AM.png

The environs are not that bad to look at but the people and models populating it are just awful.

RAGE_2_2_23_2020_3_57_49_PM.png

TWQ4ygJ.jpg

Nice gun, where can I buy it from? The shops? Nope. Shops only sell upgrades. To get a gun you have to find 'Arks' a lost-tech from the futuristic past. :lol:
This game is so anal about its limited array of guns that they had to make a big deal about a combat shotgun:

Nice helmet where can I ge-

AkvSJy3.jpg

Oh, never mind.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
8EaoWSM.png

A1KC2pv.png
:shredder::shredder:

Ended up going for TIS-100 instead of Shenzhen I/O after I finished EXAPUNKS.
It was a success.

Now I am more confident that I'll be able to tackle Shenzhen, though that has the added challenge of connecting the chips so who knows.

Puukko

Arcane
Chrono Cross Two: Time-hopping Boogaloo!

Character/boss/location spoilers.

Is that one worth playing? I heard it wasn't as good as Chrono Trigger

I wrote about it in length across multiple posts in the JRPG general thread. I'm going to say yes, especially if you're looking for a party-based adventure. I've only played a bit of CT but the ties this game had to that game were convoluted exposition dumps on CD2. My main gripes were those, the "we've told you humans are bad two dozen times now, do you get it yet?" bits and the rather low difficulty.

Psquit

Arcane
cksERDD.jpg

okay, Darth Sidious.
5SDMCeN.jpg

hXe007W.jpg

GDSM0bG.jpg

pGqQL5H.jpg

W0UfoXw.jpg

UlEC6kZ.jpg

1W7uUj9.jpg

n0rzttS.jpg

vM0tggD.jpg

He looks cool. I cheese this fight.
4aTHkdA.jpg

The fuck is wrong with this temple? Lucian the divine? more like Khorne.
R9O13p0.jpg

Damn Adramahlihk is such a disappointment after all this build-up.

End game in spoilers
VfXJul9.jpg

UyoCXZS.jpg

Sorry, Larian but Amy Hennig did this plot first. Also, the elder god was cooler.
F74J5Qr.jpg

1zCaVrZ.jpg

So what shall it be? Do you join the Unity, or do you die here? Join! Die! Join! Die!
uqKA4G7.jpg

dA6HEhN.jpg

:thisisfine:

Psquit

Arcane
I lost interest on the 4th map, the city of Arx. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the game and it has tons of replayability but the Armor system made the game tedious... maybe with mods, it's a different story.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
it's gemrany's answer to david braben's elite. in short, its mount and blade in space with a bit of economic sim on the side: game the market for max profit. i just do quests for money tho

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
I lost interest on the 4th map, the city of Arx. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the game and it has tons of replayability but the Armor system made the game tedious... maybe with mods, it's a different story.

It's not just the armor system, but the itemization as well. Being forced to upgrade every level, because of how huge the differences are between a lvl 9 and lvl 10 item are, pissed me off even more. DOS2 does a lot of things right, but it sadly fucks up at the most important aspect of a game.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Shrine

Some weird looking mod in a strange world with strange weapons killing strange creatures.
Best part is soundtrack, ripped out from the mod file and play ouside the mod.
Maps are ok, but no ambush no secrets here.
Easy mod except bosses that rely on homing shit.

XjVZHxp.jpg

x2AUMe2.jpg

8GtjC8k.jpg

Pr0M3r6.jpg

PtAd4nZ.jpg

PrlPDue.jpg

qHkObuP.jpg

say hello to final boss, it's just reskinned Archville with homing crap, can be melee'd to death but since there are no limits for missles on the area and boss is running not stop - you gonna have bad time
pity that Scorn is MIA...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom