Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Legends of Amberland no longer rejected by GOG

Major Seven

Educated
Patron
I don't know yet, maybe I will end up putting it on my website.

Any plans for doing this (or maybe releasing on itch.io)?
I would send an envelope of money to you, if it's necessary to get this game without steam ;)

Chris Koźmik

Silver Lemur Games
Developer
LordArchibald will you release the game for purchase on a non steam location like on your website that you did for your other game?
Read below.

I would send an envelope of money to you, if it's necessary to get this game without steam ;)
I would prefer if most people bought it via Steam (due to how the Steam discoverability algorithms work, the more people buy it directly and the more reviews it has the more promoted the game is by Steam). But all right, some of you are quite persistent on the topic and I understand your reasoning. So, how about this:

I could put "Legends of Amberland - Support the Developer" edition somewhere on my website (or just post the link on RPGCodex only). It would contain both Steam key and a direct download link (persistent). The price would be a bit higher than Steam version (like $30) and there would be an additional option to "tip" the developer if someone desires (I use Humble Widget which nicely handles it).

Would that be an acceptable solution?

Boleskine

Arcane
Every time I see this game mentioned I mistake the title as "Legends of Amber Lamps".

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
LordArchibald will you release the game for purchase on a non steam location like on your website that you did for your other game?
Read below.

I would prefer if most people bought it via Steam (due to how the Steam discoverability algorithms work, the more people buy it directly and the more reviews it has the more promoted the game is by Steam). But all right, some of you are quite persistent on the topic and I understand your reasoning. So, how about this:

I could put "Legends of Amberland - Support the Developer" edition somewhere on my website (or just post the link on RPGCodex only). It would contain both Steam key and a direct download link (persistent). The price would be a bit higher than Steam version (like $30) and there would be an additional option to "tip" the developer if someone desires (I use Humble Widget which nicely handles it).

Would that be an acceptable solution?
Yes, I accept these terms.

Chris Koźmik

Silver Lemur Games
Developer
All right, if you like this solution, I will add (a slightly pricier) a special "Legends of Amberland - Support The Developer" edition (containing both Steam key and a persistent direct download link) on my website www.SilverLemurGames.com/legendsofamberland/, just as we discussed it a few posts above.
It will be available 1st August or a few days later (but not many).

Again, I would prefer if you bought it via Steam (due to how the Steam discoverability algorithm works), but I understand it would be very uncomfortable for some of you so I will add the direct purchase option for those people.
Anyway, it's a bit sad the game was rejected by GOG (it would solve the problem in the first place and it would be a great addition to that store, but well, it's not my call).

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
You might want to edit the description a bit, it has some strange wording and unnecessary/unnecessarily casual expressions.

Chris Koźmik

Silver Lemur Games
Developer
Can someone confirm the GOG Connect is working for LoA (should be available till end of the week)?
Also, I have sent GOG keys to all people who bought it via the official website (the "Support The Developer" Edition). If you have not received it, drop me an email (please use the same email you used to purchase the game).

You might want to edit the description a bit, it has some strange wording and unnecessary/unnecessarily casual expressions.
You meant the first post on the forum here or the store description of the game?

One step closer to Legends of Amberland II
:D

Chris Koźmik

Silver Lemur Games
Developer
Legends of Amberland approved by GOG.

All right, here goes the story. A while ago, I got a surprise email from GOG and it said they do want to have LoA on their store after all. Why the sudden change of heart is a speculation but I think the wishlist link ( https://af.gog.com/wishlist/games/legends_of_amberland_the_forgotten_crown?as=1649904300 ) you posted months ago might have been an important factor in change of the decision. It gathered quite a lot of comments saying, well, paraphrasing it and to put it kindly "we want the game on GOG, pretty please?" (OK, they used a different wording in those comments with a bit more of emotions). It seems GOG staff do read those whishlists, as they claimed previously :)

GOG agreed to all the things I said in the past I will try to get for you if it ever is released on GOG (so you don't need to pay for LoA twice):
1) All people who bought the pricer "Support The Developer" Edition via my official website got a free GOG key (if you have not received it, please email me using the same email you used when you bought the game). It applies to people who bought the game before GOG release.
2) There is GOG Connect enabled for one week (so hurry up!) for all people who bought it via Steam and want the game transfered to GOG.

It was released on GOG 24.02.2020.

I do hope it means the future sequel will be available on GOG from the start :) Thanks all of you who endorsed the game and made it happen! Many thanks!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom