Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Quest - Enhanced Edition of iOS RPG now available on PC

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The Quest, rogue-like turn based combat,
The Quest isn't a roguelike? Or are you saying the combat reminded you of a roguelike.

Modron

Arcane
I think I made it clear when I said roguelike, you go then everything else in the vicinity goes. I was just listing some of the game's strengths that I enjoyed.

V_K

Arcane
So is it as amazing as it looks?
Unfortunately, no. It's pretty bland.
Care to elaborate?
Combat is boring - you just hit attack and occasionally chug a potion. Or cast you most powerful spell, over and over again. No tactics whatsoever. Exploration is boring - all you get are more combats and trash loot, no puzzles or secrets in sight. This goes both for overworld and the dungeons, by the way, of which I haven't found that many to begin with. Quests are slightly less boring - often you get some sort of a choice, but otherwise involve no thinking either (and the choice in question doesn't seem to affet anything outside of the quest anyway). The main quest didn't get anywere in the 7 hours I spent with the game - I reached the 3rd town (out of 4 or 5), and the princess was still in another castle. I can't even remember what the main quest was at this point. Speaking of towns, while the gameworld is technically open, in practice it's very linear - you just go from one corner of the map to the opposite one.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I was expecting a great announcement about the Quest 2 ...

Only two members and a huge-huge game. It will be bigger than TQ1 of course, and TQ1 still took 2 years to complete with 3-4 members and no other tasks.

Well, according to this, bigger than TQ1, half the people, first one took 2 years ...
So what, 8 years to complete it ?
2024 ?

:negative:

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Does this only include the Fire & Ice expansion? None of the others?

Edit: "
yes.png
" Well that's disappointing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sacibengala

Prophet
The unofficial xpacks are any fun? I played the main game a lot and it turns out very repetitive. Wish it had more complex dungeons to explore.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The unofficial xpacks are any fun? I played the main game a lot and it turns out very repetitive. Wish it had more complex dungeons to explore.
They are pretty fun. The dev has a habit of putting in lots of little secrets to find, although you won't find incredibly complex dungeons either, more like dungeons with three or so gimmicks.

ADL

Prophet
I want to buy this on GOG but without the unofficial expansions, I'm passing. Shame. They should've brokered a deal for a complete edition at a reasonable price.

Also, I'm curious why they put The Quest on there since GOG originally denied it saying it was too niche or something.

My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
GOG seems to have a change of heart (or staff) lately on a lot of "too niche" titles. I played through the base game a while ago, and it's entertaining, but I'm not sure what unofficial expansions could really add to it.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
The Quest Classic vs the 2016 upgraded version:

No detailed list, sorry. Most of the changes concerned the new graphics (both the 3d game view and the new UI).

No major changes or additions. The game will basically play as before. It's still The Quest.
:)

However, these are the noticeable changes/corrections I can remember:
  • The graphics is all new (obviously
    ;)
    ).
  • The music is much higher quality.
  • The spells "Sap Will" and "Undead Curse" didn't work before. Now they do, but have different effects than what was written before.
  • The cards "Mourner" and "Will-o'-the-wisp" now actually do what the description implies.
  • The city guards on the surface will now keep the monsters at bay (monsters will not move past them).
  • Lot's of small corrections on the maps (like removing a block which shouldn't be there, etc.) These don't affect gameplay or quests.
  • No annoying sound effect when moving around poisoned.
    :)
    (There is a graphical indicator, of course.)
  • The game now correctly indicates the actual ingredients which will be used when creating a potion. (Ingredients are only indicated when the creation is guaranteed to be successful.)
  • The game now uses the original high quality music, not the mod files.
  • You can add notes to the map.
  • The maximum skill limit is now 500.
I may go over each add-on and the level suggestions. Stupidly, I bought the Quest Classic Gold for IOS. Eh, now i have to buy the HQ graphic version for that crisp look and additions.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Well, Fluent told me a bit ago that you can get the extra add-ons for PC. So, I thought I'd go over these a little. I will go over the GOG versions only for now.
http://www.redshift.hu/

The Quest $9.99 levels ?-??

The Quest - Islands of Ice and Fire $6.99 suggested level 14+

The Quest - Deluxe Edition (+Fire & Ice) $14.99

GOG - The Quest Forum
I think you have to go to the steam store to get the HD expansions: HERE

1. Asteroids $2.99 lvl 4+
2. Basilisk's Eye $2.99 lvl 75+
3. Caerworn Castle $2.99 lvl 60+
4. Celtic Doom $2.99 lvl 65+
5. Celtic Queen $2.99 lvl 45+
6. Celtic Rift $2.99 lvl 15+
7. Curse of Linmore $2.99 lvl 80+
8. Hero of Lukomorye I $2.99 lvl 23+
9. Hero of Lukomorye II $2.99 lvl 29+
10. Hero of Lukomorye III $2.99 lvl 50+
11. Hero of Lukomorye IV $2.99 lvl 70+
12. Hero of Lukomorye V $2.99 lvl 80+
13. Macha's Curse $2.98 lvl 40+
14. Mithril Horde II $2.99 lvl 75+
15. Thor's Hammer $2.99 Low Level Characters

I guess not all were converted.

For IOS
The Quest $7.99
The Island of Fire & Ice $3.99
The Quest - Deluxe Edition (+The Island of Fire & Ice) $9.99

Expansions $2.99 each
1. Thor's Hammer lvl low
2. Hero of Lukomorye I lvl 23+
3. Celtic Rift lvl 15+
4. Hero of Lukomorye II lvl 29+
5. Macha's Curse lvl 40+
6. Hero of Lukomorye III lvl 50+
7. Caerworn Castle lvl 60+
8. Celtic Doom lvl 65+
9. Hero of Lukomorye IV lvl 70+
10. The Basilisk's Eye lvl 75+
11. Mithril Horde I lvl 21+
12. Asteroids lvl 4+
13. Mithril Horde II lvl 75+
14. Curse of Linmore lvl 80+

The Quest Classic (TQC) $4.99
TGC - Island of Fire & Ice $2.99
TQC - The Quest Classic Gold (+The Island of Fire & Ice, Hero of Lukomorye I-II Tainted Blood) $7.99

Expansions:
1. Lost Archipelagos FREE lvl 45+
2. Hero of Lukomorye I $1.99 lvl 22+
3. Hero of Lukomorye II $1.99 lvl 32+
4. Mithril Horde I $1.99 lvl 35+
5. Hero of Lukomorye III $1.99 lvl 52+
6. Asteroids I $2.99 lvl 40+
7. Cursed Chess Set $2.99 lvl low
8. Asteroids II $2.99 lvl 58+
9. Hero of Lukomorye V $2.99 lvl 61+
10. Celtic Rift $2.99 lvl low
11. Mithril Horde II $2.99 lvl 35+
12. Celtic Doom $2.99 lvl 75+
13. Elemental Asteroids $2.99 lvl 17+
14. Cursed Stone $2.99 lvl 16+
15. Dragon Jade $2.99 lvl 21+

Last edited:

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
:necro:

Embarrassed to say that even though I started this thread and had bought the game a little over half a decade ago, I only just completed it :oops:.

It's one of the best mobile games I've played, but that's not a hard standard to beat. I'll echo some of the other posters here that it does get repetitive towards the end, especially when you've gotten a bunch of wands and enchanted your items to make you unkillable. But it didn't overstay its welcome for too long and the dungeons and world were fun to explore.

My chief complaints are that some of the writing/dialogues are wonky, and there are skills that don't do shit for 99% of the game (e.g., lockpicking). For the record, I played a Seiry thief character, and had mistakenly put points into disarm and lockpicking (which I never used apart from TWO instances) from the start. Dual wielding was fun though.

Overall would still recommend the game; it's got that old-school addictive quality despite its problems.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://www.facebook.com/redshifthu...PU95VC75M8w7aN7i7qr2hnk9ZXppnUHpDauvDqVizkndl
Merry Christmas to everyone!
Sorry for the long pause. In 2022 we had an editor and we could build the full world of The Quest II. But that world was "empty", only graphics without any signs of life. In 2023 we developed a real, runnable game based on that editor. It took many months but at last we have a real world with NPCs, dialogues and more. We just finished putting in the whole main storyline with all NPCs, dialogues and scripts. Now we must translate it to English, also we need to make all sidequests and other graphic features so you can see some improvements from last year's screenshots. We are working on it, don't worry, but the game is huge and we are only two guys. We'll post new screenshots as soon as possible. Until that, have a Happy New 2024 which hopefully will bring you the first real beta testings of TQII!
1f642.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom