Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

TBS Age of Wonders: Planetfall - AoW gone to space

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Mixing AOW3 with the "Endless" design methodology was such an awful idea. The one possibility that it got me excited for was the potential of a Dune style game, feudal houses in a high tech future. Instead they seemed to go with space trannies and (shitty) laser-dinos.
And Soviet Dwarves, comrade. Don't forget the Soviet Dwarves.

Still on the fence as to whether I should buy this game or not though.
:nocountryforshitposters:
Nigga ride the waves and be sorrowful that you wasted your bandwidth with that shit. If i had given money to this thing,i would have felt very miserably after the first 10 minutes.

chuft

Augur
I love the AoW games so much I really want to support Triumph. Not reading great reviews here though.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
If you love AoW games it might be a good idea to skip this one.

It might encourage them to produce more content featuring the glorious highmen!

chuft

Augur
I don't want Triumph to get broken up and their personnel scattered to the winds or assigned to things like Stellaris.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I don't want Triumph to get broken up and their personnel scattered to the winds or assigned to things like Stellaris.

Recommend sending them a strictly worded email asking them to get their shit together.

I'm not sure who they are making games for now but it's definitely not age of wonder fans.

chuft

Augur
pic2511720.jpg

pic2511721.jpg

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There is nothing wrong with the idea of laser dinos!

ec00018603edbb1910fa39b9c21af27d-650-80.jpg

What game is that????????
Armageddon Empires. A very good post apocalyptic strategy game, that suffers from a bad UI and mediocre AI, but very well designed, and with an awesome atmosphere.
The weak AI is a non problem if you build your deck with some limitations (the units in the games come from your deck, and needs to be afforded with resources that you control). The AI is quite challenging if you play with mostly infantry for exemple :)
I really cannot recommend the game enough, even though its flaws are pretty hard to ignore.
It does exploration really well.

Edija

Arcane
Patron
I'll "borrow" the game today to check it out after the new patch, question though: is there a way to disable the horrible voice over? This is not Alpha Centauri, don't want to listen to your musings Paradox...

chuft

Augur
Well, if you google image search the image, it takes you right to the game’s home page, so yeah...vanilla.

Edija

Arcane
Patron
My God, these naggers at Triumph studio really need to invest some money to hire competent people to make some animations. The units still look like cardboard falling over when they die, or they just awkwardly twitch on the terrain. It was horrible in AoW 3 already, and somehow looked worse than in Shadow Magic.

Edija

Arcane
Patron

Armageddon Empires. A very good post apocalyptic strategy game, that suffers from a bad UI and mediocre AI, but very well designed, and with an awesome atmosphere.
The weak AI is a non problem if you build your deck with some limitations (the units in the games come from your deck, and needs to be afforded with resources that you control). The AI is quite challenging if you play with mostly infantry for exemple :)
I really cannot recommend the game enough, even though its flaws are pretty hard to ignore.

Offtopic but have you seen this
Might scratch your itch

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer

Offtopic but have you seen this
Might scratch your itch

I have applied for beta. I was a great fan of their previous game: Advanced Tactics WW2.

chuft

Augur
Why play something like that instead of SMAC?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom