Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
The only acceptable Ranger build is a gruff human with a pet bear and a longbow. Everything else is LARPing horseshit and totally gay.

Tytus

Arcane
The only acceptable Ranger build is a gruff human with a pet bear and a longbow. Everything else is LARPing horseshit and totally gay.

bbxJqts.jpg

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
My prediction: Codex hates gameplay reveal, but Minsc/Boo makes a cameo and is somehow still alive, so everything balances out.

Further prediction: Boo has achieved apotheosis and is now the patron god of idiot barbarian/ranger multiclasses.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Is this the first game ever whose gameplay reveal was such a huge deal and so advertised? It somehow leaves a bad taste in my mouth but I'm not sure why. It's like it's being held hostage for marketing reasons, but those marketing reasons are insulting. I don't know how to explain it.

My prediction: Codex hates gameplay reveal, but Minsc/Boo makes a cameo and is somehow still alive, so everything balances out.
There are very few people on here who like Minsc, sooooo I don't know how that balances out anything.

Sacibengala

Prophet
Is this the first game ever whose gameplay reveal was such a huge deal and so advertised? It somehow leaves a bad taste in my mouth but I'm not sure why. It's like it's being held hostage for marketing reasons, but those marketing reasons are insulting. I don't know how to explain it.

There are very few people on here who like Minsc, sooooo I don't know how that balances out anything.

I'd love to see minsc alive on this one, just to kill him in the worst way possible with this glorious system that is 5E

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

I'd love to see minsc alive on this one, just to kill him in the worst way possible with this glorious system that is 5E[/QUOTE]

Is codex cool with 5e? Last time I brought it up it was like heresy.

Sacibengala

Prophet

I'd love to see minsc alive on this one, just to kill him in the worst way possible with this glorious system that is 5E

Is codex cool with 5e? Last time I brought it up it was like heresy.[/QUOTE]

I should have said "glorious" . But I believe it is not bad, it is just not as good to use in pcrpg as the 3.5 was.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
I hope it isn't Minsc, I hope it's the chick who voiced Aerie, the best mage/cleric in history and the mother of my Bhaalspawn grand baby.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
24 hours until the most massive butthurtness to ever be witnessed on the 'Dex

RT Action RPG inspired by The Witcher 3 and AC:Origins confirmed.
That would actually be hilarious!
I can appreciate practical jokes like that.

Who the hell dislikes Minsc?
He's the perfect character for a setting as cheesy as DnD. The embodiment of the entire spirit of the game.

There was also something about dead gods, I guess.... but who cares? I just want to ride into the sunset on my miniature giant space hamster.
I never understood why people liked to pretend Baldur's Gate was more than glorious cheese of epic proportions. You even had emo queens like Aerie and edgelords like Viconia. I mean, c'mon!

The encounters become "trash" when they're too repetitive and offer no real challenge and makes the player sleepwalk throughout the combat.
Congratulations, you described 90% of combat in every RTwP RPG ever released.

But I remember encounters in BG1 because of flair and in BG2 I remember adrenaline filled fights where the victory hanged by a hair strand, fights that were meticulously prepared, positioning was paramount and casting spells half a second too late made me weep.
Yeah, I remember those as well. Must've been 5-10% of all combat encounters in the game, max.
In D:OS2, pretty much every encounter is a close call like that (on higher difficulties, obv.) - until you figure out the most OP combos, but that takes a while. And late game breaks almost every party-based RPG anyway.

Is codex cool with 5e? Last time I brought it up it was like heresy.
5E is alright.
A bit boring to play in PnP as the advantage/disadvantage system just turns everything into either instant win or instant loss rolls.
But perfectly suited for a PC game, no doubt.

Sacibengala

Prophet
Is anyone doubting that Minsc is going to be make at least a cameo? I predict him being a companion.
I predict him not just being alive and healthy, but also revealing being gay and making out with a furry tabaxi boy from the slums that tried to eat boo in a sidequest that you got from Mizhena grandchild.

DraQ

Arcane
Who the hell dislikes Minsc?
Me, myself and I.

It never ceases to amaze me to see the number of 'dextards all up in arms against possibility of Larian's boorish, pedestrian humour tainting the subtle, high-brow wit of the series mostly known for mistaking loud annoying moron for comic relief, made by company mostly known for mistaking space lesbians and jelly-moulds for Sci-Fi and mistaking farts for high comedy.

Did you like Jar-Jar Binks too?

(mostly rant directed to general public ITT, not you specifically, thesheeep, although I'm not exactly in the mood for cheese, D&D or otherwise )

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Bioware were retarded but the Baldur's Gate games weren't explicitly trying to be retarded. The fear is that Larian will go all the way where as Bioware never did.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom