Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Unknown Realm: The Siege Perilous - an 8-bit RPG for PC and Commodore 64

Eli_Havelock

Learned
They are so delusional it actually makes one angry in that way where you wanna reach through the screen and just shake them and ask them what the hell is wrong with them.

Especially when (like Bruce probably couldn't hold onto a gamedev job at a studio because he couldn't update a producer with a current memo of what he was doing) Laura shows some real marketing genius:

We’ve found that it’s all too easy to lose momentum when you spend time telling people about what you’re making instead of actually making it. In our experience, frequent project updates, dev blogs, etc. can be de-motivating for a variety of reasons. They require time to prepare and usually get very little feedback, or (worse) create a false sense of “accomplishment” that leads to lower productivity. Take Kickstarter updates for example, on any given videogame Kickstarter, post-campaign updates usually generate less than 5% engagement. Comments and likes are the only way creators can tell if their updates on KS are even being read, and based off that, it’s pretty clear that most backers don’t read updates. 5% of backers is a small number of people to reach considering the amount of time it takes to create an update worth reading. It’s a more effective use of our time to focus on finishing the game that we know 100% of our backers are waiting for.

So the whole quiet supporters narrative they're trying to play in their "community analytics" non-update post? It doesn't exist by that same evaluation.

Saduj

Arcane
The people who respond to SD's nonsense with comments like "keep doing what you're doing" are the worst.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Another great KS comment, from SDG themselves this time:

Thanks for checking in on us @Lightblade! We have been hard at work this last month and will be posting an update here in the near future.

For our first behind the scenes video for our Guild membership, we showed some never seen before footage of Bruce presenting an early version of the game at CommVex in 2012.

Please keep in mind, the behind the scenes content available on our website to Guild members is NOT intended to be a substitute for Kickstarter updates. It's an extra perk for people that are providing a little extra monthly support to us. I think most people understand the "Patreon" model these days. That's what that's about.

We will continue to post updates here on Kickstarter for all backers.

If you are not in our Discord channel or are not a Guild member, you can also follow me (Bruce) @StirringDragon and (Laura) @IndieLauraSDG on twitter. We are not crazy active on twitter, but do occasionally post boring dev related stuff about this project on there. :)

They will continue to do the thing they totally do not do except for those who pay them monthly!

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
2012, eh?

c5f.gif

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This should be interesting:

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...bit-rpg-for-pc-and-commodore-64/posts/2850079

Unknown Realm Q&A this Saturday! Send us your questions!

Greetings Kickstarter backers!

We've been hard at work on Unknown Realm the past few months, but we know we're overdue for an update. As we move forward with the game, we're also trying to find new and different ways to connect with our community, so...

We’re going to be doing a “Coffee with the Devs” hangout this Saturday, May 30 at 8:30am pacific time. This event will be live and open to the public and we’re inviting our Kickstarter backers to send in questions for us to answer live during the stream!

During our live stream we plan to share more about where we’re at with the game and give a recap of what’s been happening at Stirring Dragon Games. In the process we will be answering some of the common questions we have been getting, but we encourage you to email us other questions that might be of interest.

If you have questions you would like us to answer on the live stream, please email them to us at questions@stirringdragon.games Please get all questions to us by 8pm Friday (5/29) and make sure to include your name and backer email address. We might not be able to answer every question but we’ll do our best.

The livestream will be hosted on our youtube channel here - we encourage you to subscribe to our YouTube channel for future live events and notifications.

Hope to see you Saturday!

Cheers,

Bruce and Laura

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, did anyone sit through that and want to give a summary of what they've been doing for the last few years instead of making the game they promised?

You don't have to watch the entire video to learn that, most of it is Q&A.

In short, they say they spent all of 2017 working on physical rewards instead of on the game, and then in 2018 they both had to move out and their computer broke, and now they're finally recovering.

Mortmal

Arcane
one 8 bit trailer and 126k$ in the pocket, almost no work to do at all...Those guys are genius.

Luzur

Good Sir
one 8 bit trailer and 126k$ in the pocket, almost no work to do at all...Those guys are genius.

my PC hasnt been updated hardware-wise in like....4-5 years now, HD's in like... 10 years, and it still runs (although i should de-dust him abit, its been a month or two now LOL) Skyrim, EU4 and CK2 and Kingmaker just fine, while these guys code on C64 code and break down right when they are doing a paid project and it takes them 2 years to get a new PC that can handle C64 coding.....

Mortmal

Arcane
my PC hasnt been updated hardware-wise in like....4-5 years now, HD's in like... 10 years, and it still runs (although i should de-dust him abit, its been a month or two now LOL) Skyrim, EU4 and CK2 and Kingmaker just fine, while these guys code on C64 code and break down right when they are doing a paid project and it takes them 2 years to get a new PC that can handle C64 coding.....

It sounds like those are con artists indeed.

Narushima

Cipher
Their "marketing strategy" of not showing you anything because it takes time and could spoil the game is like a car salesman refusing to let you test drive.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom