Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Stokowski

Arcane
main-000-fs8.png

god damn furries

I never did figure out how to heal in that game.

:negative:

Codex Year of the Donut
There's a static recompilation version of Albion to play it natively, including rendering the 3D scenes at native resolution rather than at a lower resolution and upscaling it
kbN6X7y.png

https://github.com/M-HT/SR

Same-ish place at native resolution in dosbox:
main-001.png

Scaled, no filtering:
wOIHRIs.png

compare how crisp the far away areas are

Last edited:

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
i4fAKc3.png

"Kult" aka "Chamber of the Sci-Mutant Priestess" for the Amiga. An interesting and wierd point&click adventure game from France. There is an inferior EGA DOS version on Steam.

Last edited:

EruDaan

Arcane

Yeah... well. You could buy Healing Potions (Comin in three colours and thus effectivness) or magic. The potions can be bought right in the first city, very early on and later in shops. There are even 2 chars who can use healing magic (at least in combat). The cat-folk chic you can recruit rather early on and later some celt you also can recruit. But mind you, my memory is a little bit fuzzy. Almost twenty years since I played that game - it's kind atmospheric and the story is ... well leftist-green, but at least the setting is very unique. Only thing that bugs me about Albion is that it has at LEAST two game breaking bugs that occur during cutscenes if you not the right story triggers beforehand, not to mention that the game crashes if in he very last battle ANYONE of your party is fucking unconsciousiasdshfbdvhbad!!!!!! FUCK that.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
fallout2hr2020-02-102jzkjp.jpg

That's some monocled writing :obviously:. I miss anus_pounder .

fallout2hr2020-02-111nsk9i.jpg

fallout2hr2020-02-111ofj51.jpg

fallout2hr2020-02-112b8jht.jpg

A heart warming moment of family reunited. With the doggie as well of course :shittydog:.

fallout2hr2020-02-112w2km6.jpg

fallout2hr2020-02-122s6je6.jpg

This is your brain on LINUX.

fallout2hr2020-02-1223ykl7.jpg

fallout2hr2020-02-131u8k88.jpg

Thank you Avellone senpai :bounce:

fallout2hr2020-02-131jwjks.jpg

You see Melcar.
You see Melcar.
You see Melcar.
You see Melcar.

New Reno has so much quests and "activities" that I forgot about the other things.

fallout2hr2020-02-131owki3.jpg

fallout2hr2020-02-131teker.jpg

fallout2hr2020-02-132c7k6c.jpg

fallout2hr2020-02-14149jpk.jpg

fallout2hr2020-02-141ijkzh.jpg

fallout2hr2020-02-1411ij4t.jpg

To be continued...

The Red Knight

Erudite

Yeah... well. You could buy Healing Potions (Comin in three colours and thus effectivness) or magic. The potions can be bought right in the first city, very early on and later in shops. There are even 2 chars who can use healing magic (at least in combat). The cat-folk chic you can recruit rather early on and later some celt you also can recruit. But mind you, my memory is a little bit fuzzy. Almost twenty years since I played that game - it's kind atmospheric and the story is ... well leftist-green, but at least the setting is very unique.
The game initially throws limited amount of modern healing potions with a red cross on them at you, and after a bit of playing it would remind you that you're tired and need to rest, which also restored health (can be done outdoors or in inns). And for some obscure healing, probably a part of some cut content, near the end you could use Stone of Visions on the floor gem in Jeweller's Guild to spawn a giant gem that heals you. But you get infinite healing and resting spells earlier with Harriet who is mandatory in the party for her teleportation, so SoV's healing is useless to you at that point.
Only thing that bugs me about Albion is that it has at LEAST two game breaking bugs that occur during cutscenes if you not the right story triggers beforehand, not to mention that the game crashes if in he very last battle ANYONE of your party is fucking unconsciousiasdshfbdvhbad!!!!!! FUCK that.
Also fun to lose a quest item you need to progress in the main quest if you use fungification (which deletes target's loot) on a certain boss.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
2GlaOIK.jpg

Arcanum's largest city, Tarant, contains a street named Rue de Avellone: narrow, short, leading nowhere, and empty --- unless you count the brothel seen above with its entrance on Devonshire Way or the junk dealer on the opposite corner. :M

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
brokenlines2020-02-280zjfy.png

Broken Lines.

brokenlines2020-02-28mjjv4.png

Mission select map. You can typically choose between a few missions, each with different maps and rewards, the choice of which will please some soldiers and disappoint others. There are also random encounters in the form of CYOA vignettes.

brokenlines2020-02-28qtja7.png

We're mean-spirited bastards and don't share with the wandering refugees.

brokenlines2020-02-28tqkse.png

..but Avery the green recruit gives his rations away anyway, and gets much angery at his grizzled superiors in the process. Soldiers perform worse when in the vicinity of people they dislike, and better around friends.

brokenlines2020-02-28ypkw6.png

Biographies hint at each soldier's unique talent. Avery, for instance, gets a bonus to suppressive fire, which makes him a great machine gunner.

brokenlines2020-02-28uqju3.png

Each mission has a score sheet, and you're awarded a score and a medal based on enemies killed, casualties taken, and time spent. Getting a gold medal is way too easy, though.
More people here should try this game, in my humble preliminary opinion.

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Wings of Heaven for HoMM 3

I want to be a Necromancer:
ZMEenNK.jpg

kB15eQ3.jpg

"Unbreakable", eh? We'll see about that.

OjCmcSS.jpg

With Expert Intelligence skill I may have pulled it off with no losses.
Orb of Vulnerability, Slow, Blind, Resurrect Archmages and Phoenixes, then Clone the Archmages and Titans, then all the buffing spells, and then unleash hell while the Phoenixes are punching bags = win.

Not a bad hero:
KOvRDUu.jpg

Last edited:

Citizen

Say hullo to mah littul fren!
j0LJXb.png

FINALLY ZONE 3! I wonder if I could make it to the end this time!
j0LClT.jpg

*dies 5 meters away from the zone entrance*

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom