Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I want to be a criminal! RPGs with good crime content

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
There was a mod for Oblivion called Malevolence by some overbearing, know-it-all autistic author where I was a complete evil bastard. I did horrible things with what I thought was impunity due to the retarded blind eye the base game took to the more unsavory things you did. I mean, in vanilla I could murder a guard -- or several -- or take out half a town of citizens, and they'd just put me in jail for 5 minutes until I greased the jail guard's palm with couple of coins, then it was back to my life as a murderhobo. But in this mod, I was apprehended, tried and hung by the neck until dead. I don't think I played an evil guy since. You only die once.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
How could noone mention the glorious NVN module: a Dance with Rogues?

You work for criminal organization and even several sub factions within it.

You can be a thief. A spy. An assassin. A courtesan. Or a common street whore. You can be a cold blooded killer or a charming rogue with a heart of gold.

Advance in the ranks of the crime sindicate and fight for liberty of your conquered homeland! All that, while having fun!

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
That NWN stuff sounds cool but I don't think I can ever touch anything in that engine again, I tried the OC once and it was the blandest shit I ever played.

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What's the matter? Afraid you might like being a girl? ;)
No, it's because I can't get immersed in RPGs if I'm playing with a female character. I've tried it before. As a gay guy, I can roleplay gay, bi, and straight male characters just fine, but female MCs are just weird for me.

Well, I guess that's a fair position. I can't get fully immersed in games with male player characters... :M

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
What's the matter? Afraid you might like being a girl? ;)
No, it's because I can't get immersed in RPGs if I'm playing with a female character. I've tried it before. As a gay guy, I can roleplay gay, bi, and straight male characters just fine, but female MCs are just weird for me.

Well, I guess that's a fair position. I can't get fully immersed in games with male player characters... :M

So, all this time, you're actually a woman?

vazha

Arcane
As mentioned above, while having no thieves & assassin guilds'n'stuff, Kingdom Come: Deliverance makes for a terrific medieval burglar simulator. At least that was the aspect of the game I enjoyed most. Robbing merchants blind & selling them their wares back, assassinating anyone who's wearing anything worth a copper penny and dumping their bodies in places no one would look were... fun activities, unlike it's lauded combat and story.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
No, but had I had the choice, I would have been a woman. Sadly you don't get to create your own IRL character and have to stick with what you get :negative:

What about sex change?

I'm talking about the real world, not Baldur's Gate where one of the first magic items you find is a belt of sex change. There is no such thing in the real world.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I was once playing Diablo 2 on my niece's computer as a female player character, and her daughter (my great-niece) came into the room with her little friend from next door. They watched what I was doing for a few minutes then the little girl from next door asked with genuine bewilderment, "Why are you a girl in this thing??" I felt shame, shame, SHAME.

tenor.gif

Aemar

Arcane
The Guild
The Guild 2: Renaissance, where the rogue profession opens up the following paths that can be picked up concomitantly if the nobility level is high enough to allow multiple enterprises:

Mercenary - collects tolls and extortion money
Robber - robbery and extortion
Thief - pickpocketing and burglary
Vagabond camp - manages a camp of fortune-telling gypsies
Pimp - operates a tavern and manages a crew of wenches
Pirate - should be obvious

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Space Rangers HD

Main quest can be played as a pirate. Plenty of criminal content.

Yosharian

Arcane
Real life, the greatest RPG of all

I've heard it has some wicked C&C*

*unless you're a girl, then consequences rarely apply

Efe

Erudite
seven days long gone has you playing as a thief but not really about crime.

zool

Arcane
I think this one fits the OP's request perfectly: Crime Fighter (1993). I have fond memories of playing a shareware version of this game in the 90s.

In the near future, gangland crime runs rampant. And you and up to three other friends are fighting to become the boss of the criminal underworld in a small city. You must commit various crimes, such as burglary, pickpocketing, robbery, kidnapping, assassination, and smuggling to climb through the ranks. Each type of crime has a minigame attached to it, be it tactical fighting, item pushing puzzles, breaking a code, sneaking past guards, or running through halls, trying to stay away from the cops. Eventually you will command up to 9 other gangsters to help you rise to power.

Crime Fighter can be played by up to four people at the same machine, though a single player mode is available as well.

50785-crime-fighter-dos-screenshot-the-game-s-title-screen.gif

50798-crime-fighter-dos-screenshot-new-players-must-roll-stats.gif

50797-crime-fighter-dos-screenshot-the-main-menu-which-you-view-upon.gif

50794-crime-fighter-dos-screenshot-this-is-the-overhead-map-of-how.gif

50790-crime-fighter-dos-screenshot-you-can-buy-vehicles-from-the.gif

50796-crime-fighter-dos-screenshot-there-are-multiple-results-to.gif

50800-crime-fighter-dos-screenshot-oh-no-the-cops-spotted-me-well.gif

50803-crime-fighter-dos-screenshot-here-i-have-to-slip-past-the-security.gif

50802-crime-fighter-dos-screenshot-sometimes-after-a-hard-day-of.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom