Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Vatnik Wumao
Laughing at anyone who expected something good from Larian.
Being TB was the best news possible in terms of the combat system. We are living the best possible timeline right now.
TB by itself is not a virtue. DivOS was TB as well and still the combat was bland as fuck.
And even if it were great, good combat paired with shit story and art is even worse than a product which is mediocre in all departments since it screams 'ruined potential'.

Elex

Arbiter
17155.jpg

2048x2730-henry-cavill-43-jpg-3efbd12a.jpg

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Outside of commenting on every female character's appearance being distasteful, she's a githyanki, they look like mummies. I don't know what you expect.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
People whining "it's too D:OS" sound like they wanted Larian to make another Pillars of Eternity :roll:
Because visually even Pillows were more conformant to BG's style?

Outside of commenting on every female character's appearance being distasteful, she's a githyanki, they look like mummies. I don't know what you expect.
TBH, she's too smooth for a proper gith.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Honestly, I'm pretty shocked that some of you actually expected this to not look like well, DOS 3. DOS 2 is what put them on the map and they're not going to stray from that. Look at the icons, everything is from DOS 2 or heavily inspired from it.
And mechanics will be just the same, with the exception that they will implement some things from 5e but 80 - 90% of them will be identical to DOS 2.

can someone save this for posterity I'm too lazy

jf8350143

Liturgist
I thought the presentation was in another few hours? Do we have confirmation that the game is turn based already?

tripedal

Savant
Is this kind of DOS2-y cookiecutter dialogue acceptable in the post-DE era?

It basically looks like DOS with improved graphics...for 350 people they'll need to sell what, 2.5 million copies to break even? Not really seeing it, but perhaps the BG brand name really has that much power.

Elex

Arbiter
17160.jpg

Wizard/sorcerer or bard casting bar:

1. Grease
2. Light?
3. Magic missile
4. Shield
5. Featherfall
6. Firebolt ?
7. Mage hand ??
8. Heroism ??
9. Message?

Ausdoerrt

Augur
People whining "it's too D:OS" sound like they wanted Larian to make another Pillars of Eternity :roll:
Because visually even Pillows were more conformant to BG's style?

Because Pillows is how a 'faithful' BG sequel / remake would look in 2020. It would also be shit.

Wizard/sorcerer or bard casting bar:

1. Grease
2. Light?
3. Magic missile
4. Shield
5. Featherfall
6. Firebolt ?
7. Mage hand ??
8. Heroism ??
9. Message?

7 looks more like Shield to me, and 4 like an offensive spell, maybe electric loop or something.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've had a hunch for a long time that the game would have turn-based combat. What I'm curious to see now is whether it will have either 1) alternate real-time combat mode or 2) "action" third-person perspective exploration with jumping/climbing etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom