Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 hate thread

Ausdoerrt

Augur
I would not called them bad, just uninteresting. They went 3d portraits but all characters in them are plain looking and uninteresting.
It's f-ing D&D set in the Forgotten Realms, the most generic fantasy setting you can imagine. Of course it's gonna look boring.

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
That Swen is a lying faggot who managed to fool gullible idiots into believing that he really wanted to make a Baldur’s Gate sequel and not just slap the name onto his next game for that extra sweet brand recognition.

Ausdoerrt

Augur

Quillon

Arcane
What do you already hate the most about bg3?

That its gonna be an akshun gaym just like DAI, there are 300 people working on it come ooon...

oh shit forgot about the leak, ehem: I'll hate DoS2 style player/companions/co-op multiple protags.

Last edited:

ChaDargo

Arcane
The way they seem to be handling dialogue is enough for me to never want to play it. I don't want to be jerked back and forth between broken isometric combat and their typical shit dialogue and meaningless choices. Also, looking at any screens of the dialogue and then thinking of something to say makes me want to write my whole post in past-tense. Fuck.

Quillon

Arcane
The Dialogue System, natch. It looks like they lifted it straight from Witcher 3.

It is the same as DOS2, with third person lines in * *. There is a yellow line but it probably indicates highlighted/moused-over option.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
The Dialogue System, natch. It looks like they lifted it straight from Witcher 3.

It is the same as DOS2, with third person lines in * *. There is a yellow line but it probably indicates highlighted/moused-over option.
The boxlessness is what's sticking out. I miss the visually-pleasing dark-colored textbox that went naturally with white-colored text. But I guess having one of those would obscure too much of the richly-detailed character models.

Quillon

Arcane

The boxlessness is what's sticking out. I miss the visually-pleasing dark-colored textbox that went naturally with white-colored text. But I guess having one of those would obscure too much of the richly-detailed character models.

that's cos convos are in third or first person

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
gameplay is less important than "muh art"

What a fag.
Nice strawman, bro.

What strawman. You said that good gameplay is meaningles without decent art+writing. That implies that in your eyes the "artistic" part of a game is of bigger importance to a game's quality and value than the aspects that make it a game.
Or are you also unable to understand your own statements?

Last edited:

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Not that I'm ever going to play this game but what's up with the 97% chance to hit? Shouldn't it max at 95? Or is this some of larians "missing isn't fun"

I'm just pissed that there's studios actually making games like Baldur's Gate but they decided to dig up the series in order to give it to someone who just wants name recognition while they make a reskin of their own game.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Not that I'm ever going to play this game but what's up with the 97% chance to hit? Shouldn't it max at 95? Or is this some of larians "missing isn't fun"

I'm just pissed that there's studios actually making games like Baldur's Gate but they decided to dig up the series in order to give it to someone who just wants name recognition while they make a reskin of their own game.
Advantage is probably calculated into the hit chance.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom