Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

jungl

Augur
Nice I always wanted green shrek bitch face monster waifu. Can you imagine her making that face during sex.

All this game needs now is minsc and boo reveal and trashencounterfinder is finished

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The leaks looked somewhat promising to me. If the battle system doesn't have D:OS2 armor system and they have hand placed loot instead of leveled randomized garbage it already fixes most of the issues I had with their previous game.
I can see the similarities when people say the artstyle looks like DA:I, but as long as it doesn't have abominations like that one elf I don't really care.
The past tense dialogue is weird, but it's something that I stop paying attention to after an hour of playtime.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Could they have AT LEAST kept the style and aesthetic of Baldur’s Gate, ffs of course not. This is genuinely the only thing pissing me off.

No because nobody is crazy enought to make painted backgrounds anymore and making them in 3D would be too much of a work.
To retain the uniqueness and flair of BG but in 3D, that would need a tremendous number of 3D assets that would only be used once or twice.

why are you the absolute worst poster on this forum?

because you're the absolute BEST and nature's all about balance and such.

In old IE game you always could understand what happens on the screen.
that is absolute false

The absolute madmen.
How Swen's cock fits your mouth?
Jeesh... at least take it and suck it somewhere with more privacy.

Visuals - dogshit
Writing - dogshit
Plot - guaranteed dogshit
UI - dogshit
Music - inevitably dogshit
Character advancement - probably dogshit
Itemisation - probably dogshit
Exploration/Setting - I foresee that it's dogshit
Combat - probably good, but who cares when it has nothing supporting it?

It's dogshit. And why are we even talking about it, just because some corporate IP vampires managed to shell out some dosh to plaster Baldur's Gate on their gayme? Dogshit.
now rate this

What's the difference between this game and BG3?
Bcause from what I've seen from leaked screenshots, Solasta is visually more appealing and has some better dialogue design.

Boomer_007

Novice
Oh, boy. Only two hours left for the rapidly increasing butthurt-madness in this thread. 300 pages is only prologue for this legendary folio

14434653945529.jpg

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
I daresay the leaks mitigated The Edge somewhat. Not that there's any foreseeable limit to it.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
So my official blog-based predictions were turn-based combat system with rotatable/zoomable isometric-esque perspective (30-08-19). I think most 'Dexers share that prediction. I also made predictions on overworld and campaign design (contiguous vs. quest-based). It'll be interesting if more of that is revealed.

DeLastOne

Novice
[
now rate this

What's the difference between this game and BG3?
Bcause from what I've seen from leaked screenshots, Solasta is visually more appealing and has some better dialogue design.

What is your point ? You can still enjoy one game and not play the other ? I am sure it works both way. Still trying to figure out, though, what you are trying to say...

croitav

I hate 3D graphics
:decline:

I myself prefer TB and value good gameplay, but this false dichotomy of storyfags and combatfags is shit. While some of us can tolerate bad gameplay when there is a good story to be experienced (or vice versa), a true RPG connoisseur should demand both good combat and good story from their games.

Kill yourself.

mondblut aweigh Roqua Lady Error CryptRat V_K show this retard his place

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:decline:

I myself prefer TB and value good gameplay, but this false dichotomy of storyfags and combatfags is shit. While some of us can tolerate bad gameplay when there is a good story to be experienced (or vice versa), a true RPG connoisseur should demand both good combat and good story from their games.

Kill yourself.

mondblut @aweight @rogua Lady Error CryptRat V_K show this retard his place
:deathclaw:
Who are you? At least learn the names of the people you tag.

Harthwain

Magister
Huh... It looks like turn-based, but with the AP and BA bars I suspect you will be slowly depleting the first and then the second in order to perform actions. I won't be surprised if actions will use "seconds" as time units, meaning a single turn could consist of more than a single action AND it could potentially be played simultaneously (with each character having their own separate bars). Then again, the lower left corner of the screen seems to indicate a turn order of some sort (unless it just shows the currently selected character?).

In short - it could be even crazier than it seems at first glance.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom