Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
ERzMhYBVAAAmwGY

Looks like a spelljammer ship

https%3A%2F%2Fyawningportal.org%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F09%2Fspellj-e1504477739208.jpg

Not sure if joking, but that's because it is. It's a Nautiloid.
Actually if player got one of those space ships, I might get interested in this.

You'll need to enslave a mindflayer, iirc, they're the only ones that can operate the helm interface.

If you can enslave mindflayers, I might get interested in this.
Wasn't there types of Spelljammers that can be operated by other mages?

Yeah, but nautiloids are specific to illithids. They also forgot how to build them, so for a race that is basically "meh huge evil brain," they're pretty dumb.

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
If the game was called anything else, even Baldur's Gate: Dark Divinity if they so fancied, all would be good.
But Larian proved they are huge cucks that have no respect for RPG's and thus lied by claiming they are making a Baldur's Gate sequel.
And so following papa Todd's footsteps, they set out to rape a beloved RPG icon.
And the Codex cheered.

Dramart

Learned
If the game was called anything else, even Baldur's Gate: Dark Divinity if they so fancied, all would be good.
But Larian proved they are huge cucks that have no respect for RPG's and thus lied by claiming they are making a Baldur's Gate sequel.
And so following papa Todd's footsteps, they set out to rape a beloved RPG icon.
And the Codex cheered.
If it were RTwP there would be people complaining that is going to be as bad as Pillars of Eternity, or a bad copy of Pathfinder Kingmaker.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
That first person dialogue is so fucking lazy, I mean we all know the writing in Baldurs Gate wasnt that great but the main protagonist still had some funny and cruel dialogue choices that were actually entertaining. I mean how can you go from this

To this kind of crap, where you sound like a serial masturbator that loves to hear himself talk.

You are aware that Saerilieth is from a stupid mod, right? I don't disagree that Larian's dialogue looks like crap, but posting modded dialogue, and this modded dialogue specifically, is not a point in your favour.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
15 minutes to go...

Time to start getting your tissue and lotion ready

or

Time to start applying liberal amounts of extra strength butt-hurt salve.

Zep--

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
And the Codex cheered.

Sorry but no matter what we learn at this point, the change from BG2 is nothing on the difference between FO2 and FO3.

Rostere

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Imagine if someone would have told you in 2005 that Baldur's Gate 3 would be released in 15 years, and be turn-based.

Anyway, I'm hyped for this reveal, regardless of it being a shitshow or not, I'm going to enjoy the popcorn.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Imagine if someone would have told you in 2005 that Baldur's Gate 3 would be released in 15 years, and be turn-based.
Tbh, I don't think this is Baldur's Gate 3. It's Divinity: Original Sin - Forgotten Realms. They are using the BG name because they (falsely?) assume it has some weight outside of specialized forums like this one. Or maybe because they were paid by WotC to do it.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
That first person dialogue is so fucking lazy, I mean we all know the writing in Baldurs Gate wasnt that great but the main protagonist still had some funny and cruel dialogue choices that were actually entertaining. I mean how can you go from this

To this kind of crap, where you sound like a serial masturbator that loves to hear himself talk.

You are aware that Saerilieth is from a stupid mod, right? I don't disagree that Larian's dialogue looks like crap, but posting modded dialogue, and this modded dialogue specifically, is not a point in your favour.

This proves that even random modders are better than whatever the fuck Larian writes, so my point still stands:buildawall:

Codex Year of the Donut
Tbh, I don't think this is Baldur's Gate 3. It's Divinity: Original Sin - Forgotten Realms. They are using the BG name because they (falsely?) assume it has some weight outside of specialized forums like this one. Or maybe because they were paid by WotC to do it.
I'd argue that D&D doesn't even carry any weight anymore with people who buy video games.
What was the last D&D licensed video game that wasn't a flaming turd?

Rostere

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Yeah, well, the original "Black Hound" BG3 also had little to do with the original story, so I guess they are just keeping traditions alive.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom