Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

jackofshadows

Magister
Using 'generally' usually implies that there are particular cases which do not fit the criteria. :^)
Let's say I'm to embarassed to tell :shredder:
Obviously, I should've been more clear that I was talking about gay characters in general, not vampire cocksuckers exlusively

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
You people are self-sabotaging, joyless catastrophizers. This is the first AAA turn-based D&D RPG ever, and taking into consideration the AAA part this is absolutely surreal and almost tailor-made for Codex tastes. Yes, the visuals can be a bit ...too much, but the combat and verticality, the sozzy-ness of being able to talk to people with all of your companions while your main is skulking around, the faithful adaptation of D&D 5E, the amount of physical feats you can do in combat (jump, dash, push, pull, shove, I think I saw grapple there as well), the itemisation not being random, etc. etc. are all pure incline and almost hard to believe is actually happening. Not to mention we are also getting a bunch of other RPGs, like the new Pathfinder, Realms Beyond, Solasta, Colony Ship, and so on. This is fantastic, we should be overjoyed.

Ulysa

Scholar
He should've picked a mage for the presentation, I think the spells are more evocative of DnD. A vampire, rogue... too vague.

Codex Year of the Donut
Why is that if there is a shit game coming out,there is always rusty_shackleford in the thread getting butthurt and prising that fat load of cum he got from the X famous developer??? You are like a fucking glamour whore mate,you will suck on the biggest shit if it comes from a famous place lol.
ekvaEl9.png

NEAR
PERFECT
OVERLAP

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Did you guys not believe me when I said there's a near perfect overlap of people who like disco retardation and hate this?
Yes, and the overlap represents the people with taste on this forum.

On the other hand, anyone willing to put up with Swen's retarded combat and retarded writing is, well, it speaks for itself what he is.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
You people are self-sabotaging, joyless catastrophizers. This is the first ever AAA turn-based D&D RPG ever, and taking into consideration the AAA part this is absolutely surreal and almost tailor-made for Codex tastes. Yes, the visuals can be a bit ...too much, but the combat and verticality, the sozzy-ness of being able to talk to people with all of your companions while your main is skulking around, the faithful adaptation of D&D 5E, the amount of physical feats you can do in combat (jump, dash, push, pull, shove, I think I saw grapple there as well), the itemisation not being random, etc. etc. are all pure incline and almost hard to believe is actually happening.

There is no reason to call this Baldur's Gate 3

Divinity Original Sin 3 would have been more appropriate.

Shadenuat

Arcane
i think we learned enough at "ima going to roll a persuasion check against myself". they're not taking it seriously, "bg is minsc" etc., so you will never fall in love with this game - because you'll never believe in the world of the game. (although you might enjoy the mechanics)

The stream was cringe to watch and the questions at the end made me think that maybe I am too old to continue living in this planet. The questions were like "I am a big fan. What is rpg and how to play it?"

I am fine with visuals looking like DOS2, but on the other hand, I was not expecting to watch a stream for DOS3, and this is what I have just watched. Cursor is the same, elemental environment, scenarios, movement, buttons, labels, GUI, icons, character creation, pre made characters... Even the way you start the game is the same!

This can be a great game, but something was lost from the old BG style and this is kinda sad.

I was not expecting that.
there is no character creation? or just this preview?

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
go fucking play your retarded book
Why so upset, rusty_shackleford
kMBDbOd.png

Did you guys not believe me when I said there's a near perfect overlap of people who like disco retardation and hate this?
I adooore Disco Elysium and think this looks pretty neat. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Let's say I'm to embarassed to tell :shredder:
Obviously, I should've been more clear that I was talking about gay characters in general, not vampire cocksuckers exlusively

EMBRACE IT (i.e. be ~embraced~ by the gay vampire).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
You people are self-sabotaging, joyless catastrophizers. This is the first ever AAA turn-based D&D RPG ever, and taking into consideration the AAA part this is absolutely surreal and almost tailor-made for Codex tastes. Yes, the visuals can be a bit ...too much, but the combat and verticality, the sozzy-ness of being able to talk to people with all of your companions while your main is skulking around, the faithful adaptation of D&D 5E, the amount of physical feats you can do in combat (jump, dash, push, pull, shove, I think I saw grapple there as well), the itemisation not being random, etc. etc. are all pure incline and almost hard to believe is actually happening.
Have you heard about this small indi game called Pathfinder:Kingmaker?

Jezal_k23

i think we learned enough at "ima going to roll a persuasion check against myself". they're not taking it seriously, "bg is minsc" etc., so you will never fall in love with this game. (although you might enjoy the mechanics)

The explanation that you're actually the little worm would make this work.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

On the other hand, anyone willing to put up with Swen's retarded combat and retarded writing is, well, it speaks for itself what he is.

It sounds like they got a load of different writers this time around. I don't know where the hell they put them, cause that cringeworthy Larian dialogue was almost ripped out of DOS2.

Still, the bones of the game seem solid, bugs and whatnot.

Ausdoerrt

Augur
Amazing, I am floored. I didn't imagine even in my wildest dreams they would be so faithful to D&D. This is cause for celebration, anyone who thinks otherwise is insane. Speaking purely from a combat perspective.
Complainers don't want a faithful D&D adaptation, they want a nostalgia trip with a space hamster romance subplot.

I am fine with visuals looking like DOS2, but on the other hand, I was not expecting to watch a stream for DOS3, and this is what I have just watched. Cursor is the same, elemental environment, scenarios, movement, buttons, labels, GUI, icons, character creation, pre made characters... Even the way you start the game is the same!
Dude, it's pre-alpha, obviously stuff like icons etc. will change closer to release.

Yeah visually it does not look like an old school CRPG at all.
Why should it, though? It's a modern adaptation of a new edition of D&D. Beamdog's already tried to do BG 2.5, how well did that go? Why are we asking for this again?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

It is amazing how most of the people that hate disco don't even play rpgs and just bitch about X and Y in the forum.

Shadenuat

Arcane
i think we learned enough at "ima going to roll a persuasion check against myself". they're not taking it seriously, "bg is minsc" etc., so you will never fall in love with this game. (although you might enjoy the mechanics)

The explanation that you're actually the little worm would make this work.
I'm 95% sure you're going to talk to yourself and worm would take control over u and you will like punch yourself and it would be so funny

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I think it looked pretty entertaining and I'm glad that it's not some PoE style nostalgia milking spiritual successor. I can understand that some BG fans feel let down though.

Codex Year of the Donut
The Disco Elysium player is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a scoundrel, parasite, swindler, profiteer, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him a Disco Elysium player and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.”

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
8O94bFC.png

IT JUST KEEPS HAPPENING
PURELY COINCIDENTAL
Don't forget me kwanz,i too am disco fan :smug:
And proud to be in the same group as those people you so butthurtedly quote.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom