Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
You don't have to throw objects at enemies, Swen simply wanted to demonstrate that it's possible. BTW, using makeshift weapons is quite common in P&P at low levels, nothing wacky about it
I don’t have anything against throwing things per se. I’m not ok with the concept of leather boots fatally wounding somebody.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
You don't have to throw objects at enemies, Swen simply wanted to demonstrate that it's possible. BTW, using makeshift weapons is quite common in P&P at low levels, nothing wacky about it
I don’t have anything against throwing things per se. I’m not ok with the concept of leather boots fatally wounding somebody.
Indeed, did 5E remove the concept of nonlethal damage?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
It's like he is talking about WoW what the shit is that?

Rogues best damage dealers? Since the fuck when? Druids tanking lmao.

Seems like 5th edition is a COLOSSAL pile of shit. Everybody keeps telling me it's good but every time somebody mentions specifics it's all shit.
I don't know what to tell you, don't shoot the messenger.
In D&D 5 rogues are amazing at dealing damage because sneak attack gives an enormous boost and its conditions are very lenient (you don't even need to flank the enemy, you just need to attack an enemy that is engaged by another character). It's also very easy to build a group synergy around the rogue, because sneak attack can be used once per turn (a round of combat is made of a turn for each character involved), so if you find a way to make an attack during another creature's turn you can deal sneak attack damage two times in the same round.

Druids are good at """tanking""" because their wild shape gives them a broken amount of hp, at low levels probably more than the entire group combined.

But these things were possible even during 3.5: rogue where good at dealing damage and wild shape was broken. Again, don't shoot the messenger.

this shit is beyond lazy.
I really don't know what those supposed 300 people are working on this reskin. Everything is a fucking copy pasted shit,they didn't even bother to change the colour theme.
Wouldn't be surprised if they had already started working on this game as D:OS 3 before they had acquired the license from Wizards and then just changed the name and started tweaking the characters and lore as to fit the Forgotten Realms setting.
I do agree with this hypothesis. It does seem logical that they were working on to something for the last two years. The game does seem finished looking at the gameplay reveal,they could be just pretending and stalling. After all you can't just come out and say that you have BG3 finished a few months after getting the rights lol. The game will come out by the end of the year,most likely September.
It doesn't look finished at all, look at the effects of spells, count the bugs, camera fucking up and animations missing tons of frames.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Indeed, did 5E remove the concept of nonlethal damage?
Yeah, when you reduce someone's hp to 0 you get to decide if he dies or goes unconscious.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
7ErA0ah.png

Mandalore gets around I see

Salvo

Arcane
You're (usually) better off sticking to a single class anyway; although multiclassing shouldn't be hard to implement. There's no XP penalty for multiclasses in 5E, only Ability Scores restrictions.

For example, to start off as a Fighter and later class into Wizard, you need an INT score of at least 13.

Curratum

What really gets on my titties is when dim-witted faggots who have barely read any actual paper edition of D&D and whose only experience comes from playing CRPGs start giving authoritative opinions about which edition is best.

5E is literally the smoothest, fastest, best-playing and still strongly flavorful (i.e. "feels like D&D") official edition of the game that has ever seen the light of day. And if you're the sort of autist who prefers "depth" and "complexity" that come in the form of spending 15 minutes going up and down your sheet and tallying up the eleventy modifiers of your 12th level 3.5/PF character, then you're beyond salvation anyway.

Curratum

Again, no matter how many times you vote my posts or 5E in general as retarded, your misinformed, computer-centric perception of the game has no relevance to the quality of the edition.

Shadenuat

Arcane
But that's the thing, isn't it?

When it comes to CRPGs, people love the most the autistic ones. They allow to immerse into character and party building, fine tune builds, find broken combos, etc. People like Path of Exile, they don't like Diablo 3.

Smoothest fastest best playing may be good for tabletop, but who cares?

Curratum

When it comes to CRPGs, people love the most the autistic ones. They allow to immerse into character and party building, fine tune builds, find broken combos, etc. People like Path of Exile, they don't like Diablo 3.

Yes, in that sense it means you can have a game that can be played by people who don't want to spend 40 hours figuring out broken combos. Just because 0.09% of the playerbase of a big-budget D&D title wants to min-max and spend hours poring over autistic shit and "optimize", doesn't mean this is intrinsically better than a game that offers SOME tactical options and customization, just not nearly as many, and doesn't require so much investment into sheer numbers.

Wish devs tried some other tabletop rulesets like numenera (without butchering the fuck out of it like Torment) more often. There's too much D&D shilling.

Shadenuat

Arcane

Yes, in that sense it means you can have a game that can be played by people who don't want to spend 40 hours figuring out broken combos
well you're not on a forum with that sort of people. :shittydog:

Curratum

Wish devs tried some other tabletop rulesets like numenera (without butchering the fuck out of it like Torment) more often. There's too much D&D shilling.

Numenera is a system that is so much more narrative-driven and so much less number and stat-intensive than even 5E, I really don't think it would go down well here. Plus it's not popular at all.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Any confirmation on the companion count? Do we only get six companions? Or are these the first batch of companions planed for EA? And team building of six probably won't be a thing in this game too then, eh?

Seriously, this would be fucking atrocious for a game which calls itself the successor to the Baldurs Gate series.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom