Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

ArchAngel

Arcane
So more power creep and more enemies that one shot you to balance it out...

Perkel

Arcane
That passive tree growth looks great as mechanic. IT should allow way more interesting builds now.
With this you can effectively became mage as duelist without costly move through whole tree.

Perkel

Arcane
Haven't played in years but is it so hard to get a 6L now? It wasn't so difficult back in the day

Depends how you play. If you play with trade they are easy to get. If you play SSF then 1500 fusings to get sure 6l and you need to unlock recipe first. Either way 6L is absolutely not needed even when you reach end end game.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Breach 2.0 - Electric Boogaloo, plus Legion and some Synthesis.
And fog that will tank your performance because fuck you.

I for one thinks this looks kinda neat. The passive tree changes will actually change how I build characters (I have never ever even considered taking the outer jewel nodes before). I am slightly wary though, in that I suspect it might turn into "build a regular character for 70 levels, then start respecing as you get good passive jewels". Some of the examples shown don't exactly dispel these fears (+3% maximum life? what a bargain!).

Seems that once you enter the portal it effects the entire map and you can't dispel it, I wonder how bad bosses will become. Also seems it isn't timed at all, so it's more of an optional hard mode?

Cautiously optimistic.

Gerrard

Arcane
Why would you even care about that when it will once again be something for the 0.1% of players to actually make use of, while the rest is left with the equivalent of +8 mana from synthesis?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Why would you even care about that when it will once again be something for the 0.1% of players to actually make use of, while the rest is left with the equivalent of +8 mana from synthesis?
This is another reason why I lost will to play more and more as new leagues come out. They always gate league content behind needing to play for 100+ hours or way more. And then when you access some of it, you figure out it was not worth the 100h grind.

ArchAngel

Arcane
And from trailers and Ziggy video I see this new league will again have hard to see fights with everyone being black. New content is almost non existent and will be behind too much grind, new builds are pointless as game is still around fast killing and avoiding random deaths while effects make figuring out what is going on the screen irritating. zzzzz I will skip this shit as well and wait for 4.0.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
I suspect it might turn into "build a regular character for 70 levels, then start respecing as you get good passive jewels".

Yeah, I think this is correct.

The cluster jewels will definitely help off-class builds more than traditional archetypes. I am excited to see this mechanic but the jewels will need to be pretty common drops for them to have any relevance in SSF.

Perkel

Arcane
To sum up

- rework of end game content like temple, vall side areas etc.
- more reason to play at higher awakening.
- passive skill expansion system via jawels
- 280(!!!) new NOTABLES all exclusive to those new jewels.
- few new active skills

Honestly speaking don't care much about breach 2.0.

Passive skill tree being customizable is huge change. Just that jewel which gives you 4 jawel slots and one empty node means you can pack 4 golem jewels there easily or stack specific ones.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I mean even from the trailer there is no significant change gameplay wise.

Its still use movement skill + aura to make things explode as you zip zap, maybe use one AoE skill in between movement. Why would skill tree matter when that's how you will play the game regardless? The game is still designed around this kind of play since what now? The last 2 years?

At this point having significant CD or slow charges on movement skills and/or AoE skill is probably needed to make the game fresh.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
That passive tree growth looks great as mechanic. IT should allow way more interesting builds now.
With this you can effectively became mage as duelist without costly move through whole tree.
You can already do that. Projectile nodes work with spells just fine. You can also do Iron Will builds, spell crit builds, and plain survivalist builds (hardcore style) where you mostly use gear, jewels, and gem sockets to enable your damage. Champion Duelist is a fun pick for this because you can get Adrenaline (+100% damage, +25% attack and cast speed, +10% physical damage resistance) while using Intimidate and Taunt to increase damage enemies take by 30% or get permanent Fortify if you need that. Gladiator Duelist works great for physical spell builds (including things like Wave of Conviction) if you want to max out block and use frenzy and endurance charges.

There are also wand duelist builds, since you can use attack damage with shield or dual-wield nodes on top of projectile nodes. All three duelist ascendancies work well for that.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
I mean even from the trailer there is no significant change gameplay wise.

Its still use movement skill + aura to make things explode as you zip zap, maybe use one AoE skill in between movement. Why would skill tree matter when that's how you will play the game regardless? The game is still designed around this kind of play since what now? The last 2 years?

At this point having significant CD or slow charges on movement skills and/or AoE skill is probably needed to make the game fresh.

This shit started way earlier with the addition of the "Cast When Damage Taken" support gem, where everyone was basically walking around as fast as possible while the skill took care of the rest. And it only got worse from there on. Kinda sad that the game turned out like that at the end.

Perkel

Arcane
You can already do that. Projectile nodes work with spells just fine. You can also do Iron Will builds, spell crit builds, and plain survivalist builds (hardcore style) where you mostly use gear, jewels, and gem sockets to enable your damage. Champion Duelist is a fun pick for this because you can get Adrenaline (+100% damage, +25% attack and cast speed, +10% physical damage resistance) while using Intimidate and Taunt to increase damage enemies take by 30% or get permanent Fortify if you need that. Gladiator Duelist works great for physical spell builds (including things like Wave of Conviction) if you want to max out block and use frenzy and endurance charges.

There are also wand duelist builds, since you can use attack damage with shield or dual-wield nodes on top of projectile nodes. All three duelist ascendancies work well for that.

Yeah but if you don't do those kind of builds and want just normal mage you need that journey to other part of tree.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath

Even so, Cluster Jewels featuring Wand nodes and notables (and maybe with some +int on top) will still save quite a few points normally needed to journey to the Shadow or Witch sides of the tree. The appeal of Cluster Jewels is that you no longer need to travel to other classes' starting zones for interesting passives (something virtually everybody who knows how to make builds does currently), there is a real alternative in "going deep" via the outer Jewel cluster.

Absinthe

Arcane
Yeah but if you don't do those kind of builds and want just normal mage you need that journey to other part of tree.
Even then you can make do without that part of the tree easy. Champion is the best for non-physical spells since you can just toggle Adrenaline on yourself to get +100% damage and +25% attack, cast, and movement speed, while simultaneously helping yourself to enemies receiving 30% increased damage taken (a 1.3x multiplier). Then you can either get Inspirational or throw the Fortify ascendancy on top and use duelist for defensive nodes with Iron Reflexes, grab the 5+ jewel (Quick PoB shows 7 jewels is feasible) nodes close by, and get a spellcaster with massive health, fortify, and armor while using jewels, auras, skill setups (don't forget warcries, since Battle Cry notable makes 'em instant), flasks, and rares + uniques to do damage. Laziest is to side with Kraityn as your bandit (+6% attack, cast, and movement speed, +3% attack dodge) and equip The Grey Spire unique staff (+250-300% increased damage, +1-4% max resists). You do fine.

Even so, Cluster Jewels featuring Wand nodes and notables (and maybe with some +int on top) will still save quite a few points normally needed to journey to the Shadow or Witch sides of the tree. The appeal of Cluster Jewels is that you no longer need to travel to other classes' starting zones for interesting passives (something virtually everybody who knows how to make builds does currently), there is a real alternative in "going deep" via the outer Jewel cluster.
You don't need the wand nodes at all if you're doing duelist wands though. You have plenty of projectile nodes, dualwield/shield nodes, a few phys nodes, jewel nodes, and crit nodes around the duelist starting area. If you're willing to branch out towards Shadow, you can use Frenzy as your attack skill too. With the right gear and passives, you can reach 10 frenzy charges. Might be better off going Raider Ranger with 11 frenzy charges in that case though.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
j78GESx.png

YSnf7Tp.gif

Gerrard

Arcane
Kinda thought about playing in the new league, but then I realized I would have to update my loot filter with all the new garbage that has been added.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom