Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Tristian's Ring (+4 Deflection bonus to AC, permanent Death Ward)

Tell Tristian to follow his heart when he asks for advice, then complete his quest (CH6)

That's all the info I have on it, given that it's chapter 6 I suspect it is actually after the event where he can be killed

It's also possible that the ring is only available if you're romancing him but I'm not sure, it's hard to get info on this game sometimes

I am mostly confident you get it only if you romance him OR it's not even in the game.
I don't think I got it the only time I did his quest, and going for the Swordlords first won't stop you completing his quests anyway.

Nerevar just execute him so you won't have to make Jaethaifu weak.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Local baron not so tough after being molested by super demon.

pH0uSaI.jpg

How did you all deal with this guy?

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Another question about Kingmaker if you please. Will neighbours begin encroaching on my possible expansion areas? I feel like slowing down progress to stabalize my lands for a while, would be a wise decision, but I'm not sure if it's a race for the rest of the land around me

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Depends if you care about Tristan I suppose. He gives you a very cool item if you complete his quest, no idea if that's before or after this event

What?

Tell Tristian to follow his heart when he asks for advice, then complete his quest (CH6)

That's all the info I have on it, given that it's chapter 6 I suspect it is actually after the event where he can be killed

It's also possible that the ring is only available if you're romancing him but I'm not sure, it's hard to get info on this game sometimes
If you get to the end of his quest there's an option where he leaves on his own volition or some shit and you get the ring then. Otherwise if you keep him he's blind but has wings, an aura of +4AC/+4Saves, and a 20 round per day ability that does extra fire damage and some other stuff. Echolocation completely cancels the blindness.
Tristian Companion Quest Reward.jpg

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Resting screen:

Rest Menu Galt Ragout.jpg

(1) I stupidly ran out of rations, so rest took 21 hours instead of 9, even though Amiri was successful.

(2) I never use Stealth - I want to be attacked for extra loot and EXP

(3) Both Kanerah and Linzi are giving my MC +2 on cooking, which gave the whole team 4 hour fatigue delay while cutting Val's Fighting Defensively penalty in half, from +4 to +2. Big difference. Bard's get free ranks of Knowledge (World) as they level, making them decent cooks if you don't have an INT class along.

(4) Linzi's special ability gives everyone +2, so I usually keep her in the special slot. Jub's lets you rest faster.

(5) I like to train Perception on almost everybody, so it's a good slot for leftovers. Keeps you from getting surprised.

Seems like a well-designed interface/set of mechanics to me.

Desiderius

Patron
Smilodons don't have to be pin cushions, though Okbo (Ekun's Dog) will be in the 40s thanks to Jub during Troll Trouble. Mid 30s at lvl six will at least keep him from getting lit up too easily.

lvl 6 Smilodon AC.jpg

The main key to owning Trolls (weak will):

Troll Fascinate.jpg

Archon's Aura and Dazzling Display both lower saves by two so Fascinate has a better chance of hitting.

MC finally starting to do some damage (he's mostly been using Dazzling Display - prereq for Shatter Defenses, which is needed for Piranha Strike/iteratives - and casting), once Linzi hits lvl 8 she'll use Dirge of Doom to produce the Dazzling Display effect, freeing up my MC to do more attacking:

lvl 6 Archaelogist crit.jpg

Rapier has nice wide crit range to trigger Outflanks.

Kanerah using Fanning the Flames to light several Spiders on fire with Burning Infusion:

lvl 6 Kanerah Fanning Flames.jpg

Yosharian

Arcane
Apparently Jaethal can become more powerful through certain events in her quests? Does anyone what, specifically, she gets in terms of upgrades?

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
(1) I stupidly ran out of rations, so rest took 21 hours instead of 9, even though Amiri was successful.
The game telling you she was successful is misleading in that case. If you have enough rations for everyone, your hunter will roll once, cost no extra time and she'll give you whatever she finds. Or nothing if the single check fails. If you don't have enough rations, she'll keep rolling until she brings up enough rations for everyone. She cannot fail, though rolling enough successes might take a while. This is why you always want to bring rations with you.

I agree with pretty much everything in your post. I liked the resting mechanics as well. It wasn't something extraordinary, but it added a lot to the charm and atmosphere of the game. Especially after they patched it so camp banter triggered from the world map too.

And it warms my heart to watch a competent playthrough. It has been a while.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
It is optional romance reward, so ladies get wedding ring or several scrolls depending on earlier dialogue choice.
Valerie's romance also has item reward, she gives embroidered shirt with Persuasion bonus.

Desiderius

Patron
Apparently Jaethal can become more powerful through certain events in her quests? Does anyone what, specifically, she gets in terms of upgrades?

If you let her kill her own fucking daughter she gets even more stats. +2 to a couple. Threw up in my mouth a little.

If you talk her out of it she sacs herself to Urgotha and you get a ring of +3 judgements which is pretty cool if you have other Inquisitors. She then comes back at house and you can talk her and Tristian out of killing each other.

Tytus

Arcane
If you talk her out of it she sacs herself to Urgotha and you get a ring of +3 judgements which is pretty cool if you have other Inquisitors. She then comes back at house and you can talk her and Tristian out of killing each other.

If you play things right you don't even have to talk them out of anything. They will stop fighting on their own before you even arrive.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
she can be successful but not get 6 rations.
Only if you've brought enough yourself to make up the difference. You NEED 6 rations for your party to rest, so she'll keep trying otherwise.

I really like Ekun's special camping ability - reduce rations consumed to 4 (for a party of 6). Less encumbrance, less time spent hunting. Too bad I rarely use Ekun.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I laid waste to the Troll base until the two bosses, who took me roughly 10 tries to beat (on "challenging"). If I gave in on dialog choice it would have ended on try 3 or 4, but I was insistent my Dirty Harry character take it to the end. The chief troll literally does 50-70 damage with a crit, and my HP isn't much higher, so it was a crazy battle. In the end I had to use every buff possible and set Tristian's default action to group healing, but I finally won (with all but two characters dead in the end). Usually I'd quickload a companion death but not this time. Time to figure out the resurrection system when I load it back up. :lol:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Crowd Control can be very helpful there. BUT his mace has permanent Freedom effect, so not everything will work.
Hideous Laughter can save the day if you manage to land it and he keeps rolling poorly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom