Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I can't contain my excitement! I don't want to spam the thread. But holy shit boys!
rmfi3qk.png

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I can't contain my excitement! I don't want to spam the thread. But holy shit boys!
rmfi3qk.png
Hype. Have they talked about making encounters different through out the difficulties? Or mostly just more stats like kingmaker?
They said difficulty would be handled differently in WotR. Instead of just inflating stats, they'll add to the encounter(s). At minimum, that means more mobs. I'm not sure if they've said whether they'd also improve the utilized tactics too.

From gamespot:
Not everyone is a qualified RPG master, of course, so with the previous game's difficulty woes in mind it's great to hear that Owlcat is baking in options to allow for players of all experience levels to take a stab at the adventure. The core difficulty setting will adhere closely to the tabletop rules, which is likely to be quite punishing for newcomers. Thankfully, they can opt to take advantage of Wrath of the Righteous' more granular difficulty adjustments. At any time, we're told, you'll be free to manipulate variables such as enemy mob sizes as well as their ability to access high-level skills, among other key settings that have a direct impact on the challenge at hand.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm just reading the PF Core Rulebook for PF1. It's great fun:
Unconscious creatures are automatically considered willing, but a character who is conscious but immobile or helpless (such as one who is bound, cowering, grappling, paralyzed, pinned, or stunned) is not automatically willing.

Last edited:

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
rmfi3qk.png
Hype. Have they talked about making encounters different through out the difficulties? Or mostly just more stats like kingmaker?
They said difficulty would be handled differently in WotR. Instead of just inflating stats, they'll add to the encounter(s). At minimum, that means more mobs. I'm not sure if they've said whether they'd also improve the utilized tactics too.

From gamespot:
Not everyone is a qualified RPG master, of course, so with the previous game's difficulty woes in mind it's great to hear that Owlcat is baking in options to allow for players of all experience levels to take a stab at the adventure. The core difficulty setting will adhere closely to the tabletop rules, which is likely to be quite punishing for newcomers. Thankfully, they can opt to take advantage of Wrath of the Righteous' more granular difficulty adjustments. At any time, we're told, you'll be free to manipulate variables such as enemy mob sizes as well as their ability to access high-level skills, among other key settings that have a direct impact on the challenge at hand.
If they actually go through with this and commit to it instead of half assing it, it will be amazing. I remember Poe doing something like this which was one of the good things about it. It will be even better in owlcats hands. I was worried they would fuck with the encounters after all the complaints on steam

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
lol

some retard on reddit used Planescape Torment as an example of a CRPG without romances
It's Reddit. Treat it like a zoo. You walk around from one exhibit to the other and see some unique and interesting stuff you would otherwise never want to interact with in an uncontrolled setting.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I am bummed out that basic features which all RTS RTWP games have. Are not going to make it into the game. So much for evolving the genre. Man, why do all these RPG RTWP have such shoddy features..

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
This is my favourite:
Q: Очень важный вопрос! Если кицуне выиграют голосование, то при переходе в человеческую форму им можно будет сохранить звериные ушки и хвостик?
A: Я за, но нам еще придется обсуждать это со всеми ответственными. И они для этого еще должны победить.

Rough translation:
Q: A very important question! If Kitsune win, would it be possible to keep foxy ears and tail when morphing to the human form?
A: I'm all for it, but we need to discuss it with all parties involved. And Kitsune have to win, first!

Sometimes I am feeling really proud of my former compatriots.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Frankly, their answer about mod support is more disturbing than about RTwP features. The latter shows that they grasp the problem, but do not know how to solve it properly; the former means they do not understand mod support to such extent that they do not distinguish between providing SDK and choosing a mod distribution site.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Looks like inventory management will be looked at.
Q: Is there going to be any tweaks to the inventory system? Stuff like more clear labeling, searching, mass dropping items, quickly repeating using items, etc.?
A; Yes, some of the things you mentioned are on our list to do when we will be making a pass on equipment and inventory UI.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Frankly, their answer about mod support is more disturbing than about RTwP features. The latter shows that they grasp the problem, but do not know how to solve it properly; the former means they do not understand mod support to such extent that they do not distinguish between providing SDK and choosing a mod distribution site.
There was like two or three questions about mod support, and the answer boiled down to: We have a great desire to support the mod makers community and we will do our best at it. We have not yet decided how exactly mod support will work.

What exactly IS this mod support then....

Vatnik Wumao
"some of whom happen to be queer, just like it is in the real world (and within the studio itself)"

Get your act together, Russia. :argh:

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
wDxkzKT

https://imgur.com/a/wDxkzKT
( Can't get the add image feature to work on mobile)
This is what I'm excited for. I can have my blinding wild Hunt and punishing undead while not having to hear these decliners complain about it

Last edited:

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
No action queue! BALLS! Every RTS RTWP game has this feature by default!
wP8xUvu.png

Not only that, but the lack of any AI script customization beyond auto-attack toggles is practically criminal.
It wouldn't be an issue, because modders can always add the feature in themselves. The problem is that we don't know what this "mod support" even entails...

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
rmfi3qk.png

From gamespot:
If they actually go through with this and commit to it instead of half assing it, it will be amazing. I remember Poe doing something like this which was one of the good things about it. It will be even better in owlcats hands. I was worried they would fuck with the encounters after all the complaints on steam

A little bit more info from the AMA:

Q: Will turn based feature any balance beyond being a mode you turn it on? I’m not asking for something heavy, but maybe tonning down trash or maybe raising in the fights where it feels it is appropriate, or maybe even unique skills in like how divinity does in higher difficulty modes.
A: All our encounters are based on the tabletop creatures statistics and abilities and they will have those similar both in RTWP and TB modes. But AI behavior for the creatures will change slightly between RTWP and TB.
As for the creature abilities, some of the abilities are turned off on the lower difficulty settings (because they are harder to deal with, or require great understanding of the Pathfinder game system). And this setting will be also available as additional control for the difficulty if player decide to make a custom difficulty setting

Edit: I see it was in the image you tried to attach.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom