Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Europa Universalis IV

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I only play EU4 with MEIOU&Taxes mod nowadays, don't even bother with vanilla
I do play with a bunch of mods,yeah not touching vanilla too. Tho if this dlc finally is released,i will give it a run or two. It seems that the fat faggot johan is really butthurt about jakes work on the patch and now is trying to fuck it up.

Two wrongs won't make a right.
But it make it double!!!

Delterius

Arcane
I only play EU4 with MEIOU&Taxes mod nowadays, don't even bother with vanilla
I do play with a bunch of mods,yeah not touching vanilla too. Tho if this dlc finally is released,i will give it a run or two. It seems that the fat faggot johan is really butthurt about jakes work on the patch and now is trying to fuck it up.

Two wrongs won't make a right.
yes but three rights make a left

Mikeal

Arcane
Fuck you Johan!
hIHTuHM.png

Beastro

Arcane
Fuck you Johan!
hIHTuHM.png

This is where you send the peace, console over to the other nation and click accept.

I love these games, but so many retarded aspects make the use of console commands necessary.

Last edited:

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
You have 14 difference in opinion, that means they will accept with gold addition as gold provides max +25 opinion and +20 on general gift

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
So I reinstalled this because I was itching to play Imperium Universalis and discovered the latest update broke all overhaul mods. Only solution was to use a pirated older version of the game.

ROFL @ Paradox retards breaking their game with pointless updates. There's a shitton of complaints regarding the new launcher.

Yep, it's 2020 and we have to pirate games we actually own now in order to sidestep unwanted updates. Nice!

Luzur

Good Sir
So I reinstalled this because I was itching to play Imperium Universalis and discovered the latest update broke all overhaul mods. Only solution was to use a pirated older version of the game.

ROFL @ Paradox retards breaking their game with pointless updates. There's a shitton of complaints regarding the new launcher.

Yep, it's 2020 and we have to pirate games we actually own now in order to sidestep unwanted updates. Nice!

I heard that the "Woman of History" update broke alot of mods aswell. All for Feminism!

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Saving the trouble to anyone else trying to do some ROMA INVICTA:

- download the "base" release
- apply update 1.28.3 AND IGNORE ALL OTHERS
- download IU 2.2.2 via no-steam (just Google it)
- put the mod into your documents folder, NOT THE STEAMAPPS/game installation folder
- the old launcher should recognize the mod, but if it doesn't Google some arcane methods of making it work
- play the fucking game

The current timeline dates REALLY back. Roman Republic is still 100 years into the future and Alexander won't be born for another 200-ish.

Irata

Scholar
On Steam under the Properties -> Betas tab are a couple of older versions. 1.27.2 and 1.28.3. Because of some EU privacy law you might need these codes: https://i.redd.it/ibnhszfdelp11.png to access them. I didn't need them as they were already there for me, but I don't live in the EU.

Rule a Continent or Rule the World in Europa Universalis IV: Emperor

Discover new ways to expand your empire in this expansion to Paradox Development Studio’s flagship game about the early modern era. Europa Universalis IV: Emperor brings new depth and new options to your efforts to dominate the globe in the early modern world. Can you make your reign endure through the centuries?

Emperor focuses on improving the game experience for European nations, adding greater depth for the Catholic states and a more energetic and interactive Holy Roman Empire. Revolutions spread like wildfire, demanding action from kingdoms that don’t want to be swept up in the feverish calls for reform. Old mechanics are reinterpreted and new options are available on a freshly redrawn map of the continent.

Features of Europa Universalis IV: Emperor include:

A Powerful Pope

Appoint cardinals, publish Papal Bulls and gather tithes. The Vatican and Papal Controller now have new abilities to sway the souls of the Catholic faithful.

New Holy Roman Empire System

Deal with major imperial incidents that challenge royal power in pursuit of a centralized monarchy or decentralized confederation.

Revolutions Revamped

The spirit of Revolution is a contagion that must be either embraced or vigorously opposed. Use the guillotine and revolutionary guard to enforce the new way of thinking.

New Religious Mechanics

The Hussite faith has power in Bohemia, Defenders of the Faith have power based on the size of their religion, the Counter-Reformation offers new choices in dealing with Protestantism.

Hegemonies

If you accomplish great feats, you should expect great rewards. Seize the mantle of honor for accumulating great wealth and armies.

And more:

Over 20 new unique mission trees for a variety of European nations, provoke rebellions to deal with a problem now, many new events and options.

Vatnik Wumao
Starting as an OPM and remaining small is fun.

One of my favorite campaigns was as The Knights. After having snatched a few provinces from the Byzantines, I focused solely on my innovativeness and navy, embraced Protestantism and turned into a Pirate Republic and then ended up snatching all mediterranean islands from Venice, Genoa and Ottomans since they couldn't contest my sea superiority.

Vatnik Wumao
Hello everyone! Today’s Development Diary will be focusing on features part of the Emperor expansion. These features aim to enrich the gameplay surrounding the Holy Roman Empire, both for Emperor and Princes part of the Empire.

You might have noticed that there’s been some quite heavy changes to a very old interface in our Developer Clash.

index.php

So now let’s go through these changes today. First up is the new reforms. We wanted to accomodate more playstyles than simply always uniting the Empire under the Emperor. So the Reforms have been divided up to three types, Common, Decentralized and Centralized. In order to access either the Decentralized or Centralized path you need to first get some of the Common reforms. Specifically you need to establish a permanent diet for the Empire.

The common reforms are

Call for Reichsreform
  • -5% Construction and Development cost in Imperial Provinces.
  • Enables Imperial Ban
Institute Reichsregiment
  • Emperor gets +1 Diplomat, +1 Diplomatic Reputation
  • Imperial Provinces gets -2 Unrest
Absolute Reichsstabilität
  • Imperial Provinces gets -25% State Maintenance
Enact Gemeiner Pfennig
  • The Emperor gets 0.5 Tax Income per Prince.
  • All Princes gets +1 Diplomatic Reputation.
Perpetual Diet
  • +50% Imperial Authority Gain
  • Establishes the Perpetual Diet in a Free City.
Create the Landsknechtwesen
  • Mercenaries with home in HRE are cheaper for HRE Members by 25%.
Ewiger Landfriede
  • Emperor gets 0.5 Monthly Prestige
  • All members gets -5% Tech cost
  • Imperial Provinces gets +10% Institutional Spread.
  • Disables internal HRE Wars
After you’ve taken the 5th reform, Perpetual Diet, you can go into one of the specialized paths. However these are mutually exclusive and you can’t go into both.

index.php

Following is the Decentralized Reforms

Establish the Reichstag Collegia
  • +3 Free Cities
Expand the Gemeiner Pfennig
  • Emperor gets +100 Manpower per Prince
  • Electors gets 200 Manpower per Prince
  • Imperial Princes gets 10% Friendly Movement speed.
Embrace Rechenschaft Measures
  • +1% Imperial Authority per Prince.
  • +1 Max Electors
Geteilte Macht
  • Electors get +0.5 Tax Income per Prince.
  • -5% Development cost in Imperial Provinces
Reichskrieg
  • Emperor & Electors get +500 Manpower Per Prince when at war against Imperial Enemies
  • Enables Reichskrieg Diplomatic Interaction.

Following is the Centralized Reforms

Reform the Hofgericht
  • Emperor gets -10% Core Construction cost
Curtail the Imperial Estates
  • +25% Imperial Authority
Proclaim Erbkaisertum
  • HRE becomes hereditary
Revoke the Privilegia
  • Princes & Free Cities gets -10% Stability Cost
  • Members are given a choice to stay within the empire and become a vassal under the Emperor or to leave the empire.
Renovatio Imperii
  • The Emperor unites the empire under the Holy Roman Empire tag.

The centralized reforms are based on the old vanilla reforms to unite the empire with some slight changes. The idea is still that you are uniting the empire under one monarch. The Decentralized path has more of a focus on a strong united empire by devolving some of the responsibilities and powers to the Electors.

index.php

The last reform on the Decentralized path might not unite the entire Empire in one tag under the Emperor, but it does give the Emperor a powerful tool to call upon the entire empire in a war against the empire’s enemies. This costs 25 Imperial Authority.

If you become Emperor and the previous Emperor has gone into a path you didn’t want, you can now also revoke reforms once per Emperor. This act costs 50 Imperial Authorities just like adding a reform.

To give the Empire a bit of life we’ve implemented something we call the Imperial Incidents. These are big dynamic historical events that affect huge swaths of Europe. From the Burgundian Inheritance, the German Peasant War, the Question of the Swiss to the Dutch Revolt. In total we’ve made 13 of these.

index.php

Every single prince will be allowed to weigh in on the issues at hand. For instance, in a case where Burgundy is properly invited to join the Empire, Princes at the border worried about the duke’s ambitions might not want to permit that.

However the Emperor still gets to pick what option he wants to happen, but if it goes against the diet it will hurt the unity of the empire considerably. The Emperor will either gain or lose imperial authority depending on how the diet positions itself in the incident. It calculates this relative between your pick and the option with most support (besides your pick so if you picked the most supported one it takes the second most picked). Princes are worth 0.2 Imperial Authority each and Electors are worth 1 Imperial Authority. Besides the Imperial Authority there’s also opinion changes with members of the empire depending on what you pick.

Together with these new features we’ve done quite a few balance changes. First let’s cover how things are added to the empire. We don’t want you to keep a “reserve of provinces to add” in order to burst through the reforms of the HRE. We want a “healthy” empire is what leads to progress within it. So when you join all legible provinces gets added at once and a lump sum of 10 IA is given. You can add more provinces as you conquer but this is also done with all provinces all at once in the HRE screen instead for one by one. This does also mean that when the Reformation hits and if left unchecked, it becomes a serious blow to the authority of the emperor.

Of course we’re giving the Emperor some more ways to garden his Empire though, for starters there are now 12 Free Cities at start which gives a good baseline of Imperial Authority generation. Overall there’s a lot more princes & fabricating claims within the empire is 50% more expensive. This together means it’s easier to keep the empire above the 25 princes limit for a lot longer. We’ve also made it easier for the Emperor to enforce peace within the Empire by being able to ignore the opinion requirement so you no longer only have the Imperial Ban as an option.

We’ve also added a Force into HRE CB that the Emperor can use. Nations that have their capital in the same continent and that borders the Empire can be forced in through this treaty.

That’s it for today! Next development diary will be two things you’ve seen hinted here and there from time to time in various screenshots from previous development diaries and in the dev clash.

Edit: Since I keep getting asked this no matter how many times I try to clarify....
You do not get 10 IA for adding provinces to the empire, that's only for when a new prince joins the empire. You do not get IA for adding provinces to the Empire.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Building the French Prussia of the New World, hon hon hon.
IIkTcNn.jpg
Nigga just go full on pirating mode and become a navel power dominating the Mediterranean sea,then form pirate jerusalem or pirate byzantian empire. It is really a blast of a campaign,especially on very hard. Early game venice war is a blast and actually great fun,it is one of the few cases in which the game feels like strategy.

Vatnik Wumao
Building the French Prussia of the New World, hon hon hon.
IIkTcNn.jpg
Nigga just go full on pirating mode and become a navel power dominating the Mediterranean sea,then form pirate jerusalem or pirate byzantian empire. It is really a blast of a campaign,especially on very hard. Early game venice war is a blast and actually great fun,it is one of the few cases in which the game feels like strategy.
Been there, done that.

Silva

Arcane
Hey bros, would you say this game is fun for LARPing in some corner of the map? I mean, last time I've played EU was the 2nd one back in, what, 2001 ? I was blown away by it's historical simulation. I loved being some more or less small European nation and seeing history unfold around me. I was never a "map painter". I used to expand when some very good opportunity showed up but usually prefer to develop my nation in peace.

So, question: Will I like EU4 ? Is it fun in peace time like say, CK2 or KoDP or SMAC is? Or it's fun is unavoidable tied to "map painting"?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom