Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Josh Sawyer Q&A Thread

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera

guess business is slow at obsidian

Efe

Erudite
imagine sawyer trying to make every dota hero equally viable in every role.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
You should have heard the gamer words coming out of Sawyer's mouth when Biden picked up all the spearchucker votes.

Diggfinger

Arcane

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Too bad. Politics is poison for fantasy.

Sawyer posted viable arguments for the merits of Caesar's Legion, among other things, so I don't think he has an issue with factions in RPGs all being viable. Outer Worlds also has plentiful digs at communism or authoritarian states, despite being mostly "anti-corporation" in focus (I know he didn't direct that game but he's narrative supervisor or whatever). In other words I don't think his strong political retardation has infected his work like it does many others, and presenting all historical views is something be rambles about on social media.

Shadenuat

Arcane
2000: kresselak tomb

15 years later: paths of od nua
what years do to designer

as for his black hound maps, I don't know what he sees, but I see ambition, passion, and potentially a great game which was never made. the Labyrinth could have been add-on like Durlag later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom