Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gaming Leaks: Non-comprehensive list of Capcom games in development.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
big if true

But still.
Their treatment to DMC is a fucking travesty.
Remakes of 1, 0 and 4 is shameful cash-grab. Those games are fine the way they are, specially REmake which is perfect. Slapping the new camera system on that one would be fucking ridicoulous given that RE1 is the most horror focused game of the series.
Dragon's Dogma 2 seems to be incline.

All and all, if this is really true then it seems Capcom is entering the decline stage of their new cycle. Expect shit from them for the next 10 years (only with a couple of solid titles in-between).

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
The less references and contact made with either of those sites the better.

And here is the thing about all these leaks and rumors and such, what is the point?

A: The leak is wrong and it is meaningless.
B: The leak is correct in which case what do you gain? You have some information about a game before it is released, so what. How does this change anything about what the game will be or what you will get out of the game. Arguably it's a net negative because you are exhausting all information about the game before you've even had a chance to play it.

You gain nothing from a leak and the only noticeable change brought about by a leak is that the developers themselves suffer because they have to contend with said leak of information.

Why did you enter a leak thread? I'm honestly curious.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Prince of Persia Sands of Time trilogy remake
"Yes, you heard it right! Ubisoft is developing a Sands of Time trilogy remake. Here are some details about it:

• Holiday 2020 release date (could be delayed to 2021).

• Reveal at Ubisoft digital E3 conference.

• Same mechanics and story from the originals, but with new twists.

• Yuri Lowenthal is back as the Prince.

Don't believe me? Here's a concept art from an early version of the game:"

https://imgur.com/a/mlp0aB4
https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeak...rince_of_persia_sands_of_time_trilogy_remake/

I AM GOING TO FCKN MURDER THIS WANKER! HOW DARE HE TAKE THE NAME OF THE PRESTIGIOUS FRANCHISE AND HURT ME!! MONSTERS LIKE THESE SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO EXIST!!!!!!
if it turns out to be bull ofc. which it most likely is.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Why a remake?
No one asked for it.
Because Capcom remade re2+3?
People not only asked for those, but also re2+3 were old enough to justify them.
Sands of Time, despite being nearly 2 decades old, still looks good due to amazing art direction and plays equally good due to responsive controls, clear game rules and detailed animations.
Why not make a new game?

Last edited:

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
The cartoon one?
Never played that one.
Always striked me as decline.
It is decline in many aspects but it's also very smooth to play & puts most modern games to utter shame. And I really mean utter shame. It's one of the smoothest games I've ever played. I think with a sequel it can become a hell of a game.
The characters are.. . endearing. I would like to find out how it wraps up that's all.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
If it's true, then they're gonna sanitize the shit out of PoP WW. No more rock music, no more boobs and sexy armor, no more swear words. It's gonna be full SJW. And if the new models for the Prince and the Dark Prince are those we saw in the For Honor event "Blades of Persia" they can fucking keep their remaster/remake/reforged/whatever.

Edit: btw, keep the leaks coming, I'm interested.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Never played Warrior Within past the first bits after the prologue.
Even when I was a teen I found that game so damn edgy I couldn't stand it.
The biggest issue is that coming from Sands of Time that tonal shift was way too jarring. I guess that's why I skipped it and went straight to Two Trones.
Funny thing Battles of Prince of Persia was one of first DS games I owned back in 2007.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Prince of Persia 2020
- now features Open World with climbable Towers, and a map full of collectibles and side activities;
- you can level up, buy perks and loot enemies for leveled gear;
- you can manage your kingdom, invest in shops, sail on your ship, hack street lights with your hacking tool, hijack cars and participate in multiplayer activities;
- a unique "Sam Fisher vs Zombies" event will happen during Winter of 2021, don't miss it!

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Personally, I liked the shift. But they went over the top in some areas, unfortunately. However i loved the overall package and it's my favorite of the franchise.
The two thrones felt very disjointed and at odds with the E3 trailer and game dev demonstrations and interviews which have a shown a very different version of the game called Kindred Blades. Later one I found how KB would have been, one of the tragedies of gaming.

JDR13

Arcane
Remakes of RE1,0,CV and 4 have been greenlit , and will take place in the New RE timeline.
RE7, and the remakes of 2 and 3 are already considered part of the new timeline internally.

I call bullshit on remakes of RE1 or RE4. I just don't see Capcom doing that. I'm not sure I believe they'll do RE0 or CV either, although I wouldn't mind a CV remake.

Also, what's this new timeline you refer to?

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
The biggest issue is that coming from Sands of Time that tonal shift was way too jarring. I guess that's why I skipped it and went straight to Two Trones.
Funny thing Battles of Prince of Persia was one of first DS games I owned back in 2007.
Seriously though! It's fine. I play the trilogy minimum of twice in a year due to how good the platforming is, i.e I played the games over 40 times each over the years. I can't really give opinions on them cause I've gone mostly numb, but you really should play Warrior Within, there are no other games like these.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I call bullshit on remakes of RE1 or RE4. I just don't see Capcom doing that. I'm not sure I believe they'll do RE0 or CV either, although I wouldn't mind a CV remake.

I could definitely see Code Veronica if RE3 sells well. That way they'd all be "modern" in a sense. Could also see a true 3D RE1, since it's such a massive game in history. RE0 though? Remaking RE4? No way do I see either happening.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Seriously though! It's fine. I play the trilogy minimum of twice in a year due to how good the platforming is, i.e I played the games over 40 times each over the years. I can't really give opinions on them cause I've gone mostly numb, but you really should play Warrior Within, there are no other games like these.
Forgotten Sands is also good.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter

Mafia 1 remake extended teaser.

Since I resurrected the thread here is a bunch of other things that mostly seems true:

• ⁠Hitman 3. Final game of the reboot trilogy. Deluxe / Upgrade edition gives access to all previous base and DLC locations from 1 & 2, giving a total of 29 locations. Three missions will have optional co-op. Holiday 2020.

• Batman 2020. Roger Craig Smith and Troy Baker return. Soft reboot, no Arkham title, ignores previous plots. Gameplay and mechanics from Arkham Knight carry over. Robin, Nightwing and Batgirl all playable. Largest open world Gotham City yet. Vehicles are in but no vehicle battles. Some villains include Joker, Harley Quinn, Court of Owls, Ra's al Ghul, Penguin, Riddler, Dollmaker, Clock King and Black Mask. Late fall 2020.

• ⁠Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath. New edition of the game for sale and upgrade for pre-exitsting owners available. 2 new packs of characters, 6 new arenas and 3 new story chapters releasing over 2 years. Some characters include Takeda, Reiko, Quan Chi, Fujin and Ash Williams / Bruce Campbell. Total roster once all DLC is released will be 40+. Release has been delayed due to contract disputes with Campbell and COVID. Summer 2020.

• ⁠Injustice 3. Finale of the trilogy. Two story modes. First Netherrealm next-gen release. More customizing options with 5 slots. Some characters will include John Constantine, Huntress, Penguin, Etrigan, Killer Croc, Zatanna, Doctor Manhattan and Neo / Keanu Reeves. Tournament mode also coming similar to Mortal Kombat 11's Kombat League called Infinite Crisis. Villain of the game is Nekron. Release window eyed for 2022.

Last edited:

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
  • Batman by Warner Bros Montreal - States that they wanted to keep pushing with the hints on twitter, leading up to a full E3 reveal.
    He says we'll get to see the game revealed this summer. It's supposed to be showed off within the next couple of months, because "the release is sooner than you think".

• Demon Souls Remake is real, and being made by BluePoint who remade titles like God of War, Shadow of The Colossus etc.
    He says it's coming for PS5 and that "you can't compare it to what they did with SOTC" because it's a supposedly a way bigger project. Says it'll be showed off during the PS5 State of Play.

• Fable 4 he doesn't seem to know much about, other than it being developed by Playground Games. Says we'll hopefully get to see it during July's first party presentation.

• Far Cry 6 will be shown of at Ubisofts "Forward" event on July 12th, and that "fans who hated the North American setting of the previous game, will find this game a lot more interesting...".
    Seems to know a lot about the game, but doesn't want to ruin Ubisofts plans. Says it'll be released before April 2021.

• The Harry Potter RPG has supposedly come a long way since the leaked footage from 2018, and was to be revealed at E3 2020. That's all he has to say about that one.

• Horizon 2 will be revealed at the PS5 event. Doesn't seem to have any new info.

• Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered is real and will be released this autumn, because EA won't have any other big games coming. Also mentions they're working on several other remasters.
    The trilogy will be shown off on June 11th.

• Resident Evil 8 started out as a spinoff, but quickly evolved into a mainline entry.
    Confirms the whole village-setting, and says the game will be released early 2021. "Thinks" they'll show it off soon.

• Housemarque (Resogun, Stormdivers) is a finish game studio that's now pretty much a part of Sony. They're working on some new unannounced AAA title for the PS5.

• Silent Hill is real as well, and confirms it'll be shown off around the same time as Resident Evil 8. Says when Konami tried to put off the rumors back in march, they lied.
    Says it's pretty far along in development.
Sauce: https://www.gamereactor.dk/artikler/851233/Hemmelige+sommerspil/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom