Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 3 Remake - Nemesis has a nose now!!!

Steezus

Savant
Patron
lmao, why are people so obsessed with shitty spider enemies?

Raccoon City is MUCH bigger than before (the game has a fast travel system as well)
Lots of optional content

This is worrisome.

Biscotti

Arbiter
Patron
Yep, I hope they're aware of the potential to trivialize the survival aspect a fast travel system would have. Even if it's at fixed spots, the ability to skip the actual journey from point A to point B feels like it'd end up being in direct conflict with one of the pillars of survival horror design.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
Yep, I hope they're aware of the potential to trivialize the survival aspect a fast travel system would have. Even if it's at fixed spots, the ability to skip the actual journey from point A to point B feels like it'd end up being in direct conflict with one of the pillars of survival horror design.

That and I hope "lots of optional content" doesn't mean we're going to be running errands for NPCs. "Hey Jill, I broke my leg, pls get me a purple shiny bandage. You'll be handsomely rewarded!"

Alternatively, they might move the bazillion gun upgrade parts that Nemesis dropped to side sections, which I wouldn't like much either.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Jill doesn't look like the superbabe she's supposed to be. Even the movie Jill was much hotter than that chick.

Wait until the mods

tifa-lockhart-resident-evil-2-remake.jpg

8dtszsvs61h41.jpg

516-1582889526-688603369.jpeg

Dodo1610

Arcane
The only thing that bothers me are is the mentioned quick travel, I hope they aren't turning RE into an Open World series.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
The quick travel thing is another misinformation from today's news (It's already confirmed that Nemesis cannot enter in save rooms for example). What the game has is the metro subway working as a link between all the areas (Alien: Isolation style I guess).

PD:

ESdoiQKXkAQBEDN

ESdoiZyXsAA1KGZ

Momock

Augur
The quick travel thing is another misinformation from today's news (It's already confirmed that Nemesis cannot enter in save rooms for example). What the game has is the metro subway working as a link between all the areas (Alien: Isolation style I guess).
Oh, okay. Backtracking wasn't bad in RE3, it wasn't Code Veronica. I hope they will remake CV and fix that.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Julia Voth is the only Jill.

Arrest me, Ms. STARS. OOO LA LA.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In

Generic-Giant-Spider

The beret must be a bitch to keep on during the act and if you ask me, the beret is half the appeal.

Drakortha

Liturgist
No time limit. I just got done playing it.

To my surprise they reworked some of the sound effects! Particularly the zombie voices. They don't screech like valkryie's nearly as much as they did in RE2 Remake, they make more of a sickly moaning sounds like they did in the original trilogy. I'm very happy they made this change. Guns also sound more beefy when firing them with more of a recoil effect, and various other sounds seem to have been reworked. Gameplay is solid too of course, as expected. Overall it feels like a more polished RE2 Remake. Tension was high.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom