Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Barbarian

Arcane
Hey, hordes crisis is actually a perfect idea. If they haven't thought about it already I hope someone is reading this.

A civil war is not bad, but then again it is kind of redundant since there is already such a crisis.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Any word about interior maps? Am I old and these were included ages ago? (Ok one of these things is definitely true)

Salvo

Arcane
Hey, hordes crisis is actually a perfect idea. If they haven't thought about it already I hope someone is reading this.

A civil war is not bad, but then again it is kind of redundant since there is already such a crisis.

Don't think there's going to be a human / horde crisis for the same reason the barbarians didn't get one. Too similar to orcs!

Any word about interior maps? Am I old and these were included ages ago? (Ok one of these things is definitely true)

They never got implemented / got scrapped; at the moment I don't remember the reason, but someone else might be able to tell you more.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
From Dev Blog #124 (So included in the 'Blazing Deserts DLC):

An oft-requested feature for Battle Brothers is to portray any location that you’re fighting at, such as a graveyard or a brigand camp, also on the tactical combat map. Fighting Wiedergängers between fallen tombstones and not just on empty plains can add a lot to the atmosphere and flair to that tight battle that will decide the future of your company. We’re happy to announce that with the ‘Blazing Deserts’ DLC we’ll introduce a wealth of new location-based environments in combat to make possible just that.

97c3158bd927a3ede62c9a92644428f9e35c4e90.jpg

The combat system of Battle Brothers – one of its strongest features, as most of us will agree – was designed for small scale infantry combat on open or mostly open maps, and that’s where it works best. Having the odd fight in more enclosed environments, such as in forests, can shake things up every now and then in interesting ways, but doing this too much can also wear on a player’s patience. For example, the initiative system that works well in open field battles can become frustrating in tight quarters where 12 or more characters are constantly blocking each other. So with that in mind, let’s talk about how environments based on location are going to work.

Fighting brigands at their base camp will bring a dynamic to combat that is different from fighting them in the open field. That’s a good thing, because it adds more variety to combat in general, and because it adds another strategic dimension to the world map where you’ll now have to weigh the pros and cons of luring an opponent out of their base or fighting them at home. But while there’ll now be walls, palisades and gravestones shaping some of the maps, we also won’t turn every attack on a brigand camp into a siege, or a fight in a dense forest of tents and barrels. It’s not what the combat system was designed for, and consequently it just wouldn’t be fun. All combat will still take place outside, and most location-based objects are in fact cosmetic, meaning they’ll provide a flavorful backdrop and tell a story of where you’re fighting, but they won’t get in your way and won’t block your men from moving. On top of that we’ll be adding a smaller selection of objects which actually do block tiles to change the dynamic of combat in a controlled way. For example, a brigand camp may be surrounded by palisades to create chokepoints, but there’ll be also enough open space both outside and inside to have a proper battle.

While we take care to make it visually apparent which objects block a tile from being entered, and which objects are merely cosmetic, we’re also aware that it won’t always be intuitively readable for everyone and in every situation. Again, it’s a problem that you may have already encountered when fighting in the woods. To alleviate this issue, we’re introducing a new quality of life feature with the free update that comes along with the DLC. You’ll be able to toggle at any time to have highlighted in red all tiles that are blocked by environmental objects, such as trees, by pressing a button on the top right or by pressing a hotkey. Useful for navigating those new environments and any forest alike.

a4726ad8977ae744f2dba286cd205d14a3a4d1a3.jpg

But nothing on interior maps, sadly.

vazha

Arcane
Love how even their devblogs seem to have better writing than most of the full-fledged rpg's out there.

Barbarian

Arcane

Don't think there's going to be a human / horde crisis for the same reason the barbarians didn't get one. Too similar to orcs!

It depends on how they handle it. If the great horde begins to settle the border of the map and you can take missions from the Khan, for instance. That would be quite different. A human horde would be aproachable after all.

The barbarian missions where somewhat lacklustre because of that. Not only it was similar to greenskins, unlike greenskins they can't even take over settlements. And with the exception of that mission where you can ally with barbarians to figt undead, all the missions revolve about mindlessly wiping them out.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

It depends on how they handle it. If the great horde begins to settle the border of the map and you can take missions from the Khan, for instance. That would be quite different. A human horde would be aproachable after all.

The barbarian missions where somewhat lacklustre because of that. Not only it was similar to greenskins, unlike greenskins they can't even take over settlements. And with the exception of that mission where you can ally with barbarians to figt undead, all the missions revolve about mindlessly wiping them out.

A self-confessed barbarian is defending the barbarians. Shocking.

The game implemented the barbarians perfectly. They're uncultured savages that are incapable of forming complex diplomatic or personal relationships. Their technology is primitive and they have no real future potential beyond merely persisting. There is no point in them taking over settlements, because that would require development of the sort that would ultimately turn them into proper humans. They're right where they belong - the outskirts of the habitable world, loathed and rejected by their betters.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
That doesn't look bad.
Shame that Northern Barbarians didn't get similar treatment.
Also I really hope they add some way to store items and troops somewhere - like some Mer4cenaries Guyild buildings where you can store items and leave9rent or whatever) your troops.
With new consumable items and drops everyone would need more inventory space.

oscar

Arcane
It depends on how they handle it. If the great horde begins to settle the border of the map and you can take missions from the Khan, for instance. That would be quite different. A human horde would be aproachable after all..

What are they going to pay you in? Yak's milk?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They're uncultured savages that are incapable of forming complex diplomatic or personal relationships.
This game ain't Diplomatic brothers.
Their technology is primitive and they have no real future potential beyond merely persisting
And yet when your civilization crumbles, all that shall remain of it are the ones that revert to barbarism. The barbarian persists because the barbarian is the true face if humanity.
There is no point in them taking over settlements, because that would require development of the sort that would ultimately turn them into proper humans
Proper humans what can't even stand a barbarian invasion? Keep your "proper humans" all you like.
They're right where they belong - the outskirts of the habitable world, loathed and rejected by their betters.
If your civilized people are so better, why aren't they free to do so they please, why did they stay in the confines of their walls and laws?

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They're uncultured savages that are incapable of forming complex diplomatic or personal relationships.
This game ain't Diplomatic brothers.
Their technology is primitive and they have no real future potential beyond merely persisting
And yet when your civilization crumbles, all that shall remain of it are the ones that revert to barbarism. The barbarian persists because the barbarian is the true face if humanity.
There is no point in them taking over settlements, because that would require development of the sort that would ultimately turn them into proper humans
Proper humans what can't even stand a barbarian invasion? Keep your "proper humans" all you like.
They're right where they belong - the outskirts of the habitable world, loathed and rejected by their betters.
If your civilized people are so better, why aren't they free to do so they please, why did they stay in the confines of their walls and laws?

When I play, civilization doesn't crumble. The civilized battle brothers develop their skills and use the best gear to defeat the knuckle-dragging hordes. Nobody is trapped behind walls; people and caravans go from town to town whenever they please. The people are free to run off into the wild, they just aren't that stupid. They enjoy a better existence.

Stay frosty, savage.

trimethylsilyl

Educated
I have a retarded bro who consistently fails every fucking morale roll (even though he has one of the highest resolve ratings in my company) and refuses to let Rally work on him. How should I kill him off? I'm not going to let this retarded faggot get away with retirement. I'm thinking of stripping him naked and letting him tank a lindwurm while my archers fire away in his direction. Any other ideas?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have a retarded bro who consistently fails every fucking morale roll (even though he has one of the highest resolve ratings in my company) and refuses to let Rally work on him. How should I kill him off? I'm not going to let this retarded faggot get away with retirement. I'm thinking of stripping him naked and letting him tank a lindwurm while my archers fire away in his direction. Any other ideas?
He actually sounds fairly reasonable.

Barbarian

Arcane
Does he have any bad traits? Because some traits("fear of", "dastard", "insecure") can make a bro's morale suck even if you raise it up high.

Many of them can be removed via event though, so it might be worthwhile to keep him aboard.

Salvo

Arcane

Send him naked in a bunch of Chosen to tank fire / kill as many as he can while the rest of your Bros clean up. If he survives, he deserves to live.

trimethylsilyl

Educated
Does he have any bad traits? Because some traits("fear of", "dastard", "insecure") can make a bro's morale suck even if you raise it up high.

Many of them can be removed via event though, so it might be worthwhile to keep him aboard.
Nah, he didn't have any bad traits or anything, his morale retardation seemed to be caused simply by bad luck or divine intervention on his rolls.
I decided to let him live, and started a new campaign with Beasts & Exploration installed instead
:bounce:

Tigranes

Arcane
He actually sounds fairly reasonable.

And that's when he mudwrestles that lindwurm all on his own, looks back at you, and you know you're going to have to kill your old sergeant instead because you've found your spiritual thought leader

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What's the best way to go about getting super late game armor that's around the two to three hundred range? I'm at day 116, and I just beat the Orc invasion by killing the Warlord. Any ideas or goals I should set for myself next?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom