Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

5 Best PS1 Jrpg's Poll

5 Best PS1 jrpg's ? (PS1 JRPGS ONLY ! NO PORT/REMAKE FROM SNES !)

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Ok,so i played a bit more of Vagrant Story and i had some fun,the combat is fun when it works,i playing with a dark souls mindset now,expecting the most retarded and unfair shit.

The RNG is annoying,the ogre boss was fucking annoying because it deons't matter if i have a weapon that matched perfectly with his weakness,my damage dealt remained the same.

But i had fun silecing the crab boss and making him useless,easiest boss by far.

I'll finish Vagrant Story even if i have to use a guide(when things get tough),i've put too many hous in the game to give up now.

Xeon

Augur
Kinda wish Legend of Legaia was listed, was pretty fun.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
I just remebered another I loved back in the day: Legend of Legaia!

Fighting system was fairly unique in that you had to input combos like a fighting game (since the gimmick was the 3 protags were martial artists of sorts) and I remember the atmosphere and story being cool, setup being the world was fucked and overran with a deadly mist producing monsters, what remained of humanity clinged to survival by hiding in isolated settlements protected by a maguffin and only your 3 protags could figure out wtf happened and how to fix things.

Last edited:

yellowcake

Arcane
I haven't done many JRPGs and I couldn't find anything interesting to play lately but I've started Xenogears last night and put six hours straight. I love it and graphics and production are exceptional so thanks to everyone who recommended it. :salute:

Exhuminator

Arcane
I haven't done many JRPGs and I couldn't find anything interesting to play lately but I've started Xenogears last night and put six hours straight. I love it and graphics and production are exceptional so thanks to everyone who recommended it.

Here's hoping the whole thing is great for you (I mean once you get to the second disc).

Xenogears is one of the last BIG DEAL JRPGs on the PS1 that I still need to play through personally. I rented the game many years ago when it first released, but the encounter rate put me off. That was over 20 years ago though, I'm a bit more patient of a player these days.

yellowcake

Arcane
I haven't done many JRPGs and I couldn't find anything interesting to play lately but I've started Xenogears last night and put six hours straight. I love it and graphics and production are exceptional so thanks to everyone who recommended it.

Here's hoping the whole thing is great for you (I mean once you get to the second disc).

Xenogears is one of the last BIG DEAL JRPGs on the PS1 that I still need to play through personally. I rented the game many years ago when it first released, but the encounter rate put me off. That was over 20 years ago though, I'm a bit more patient of a player these days.

Yes I was ready to put it down at the beginning when I had to fight all 10 trash mobs again when I slipped down the ledge and had to redo a part of the dungeon but it gets better as you progress, fighting parts are intertwined with 1 hr long plot parts. It helps if you get out of WRPG mindset and not try to check out every nook and cranny which will triple or quadruple number of encounters easily.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom