Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate & Baldur's Gate II Mod Thread

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The most up to date BWS is made only for EET (BG Extended World). I think the old BWS is dead and the devs move to Project Infinity.

I am finishing the installation of EET with >450,000 lines of install logs, basically all the mods I can cramp with exception of experimental mods except Refinements (change HLA in BG2). Will be playing with 50% EXP from all sources to prevent me from getting overlevelled.

Some, unfortunately, failed to install. I really would like the Animal Companion for Ranger one. But I ain't restarting the installation after failing 5 times already this week.

I really want to see that weidu.log of yours. lol

Surprisingly the Weidu.log is only 785 lines. I guess the install log is very inflated with "patching files" prompt.

Strantar

Novice
The most up to date BWS is made only for EET (BG Extended World). I think the old BWS is dead and the devs move to Project Infinity.

I am finishing the installation of EET with >450,000 lines of install logs, basically all the mods I can cramp with exception of experimental mods except Refinements (change HLA in BG2). Will be playing with 50% EXP from all sources to prevent me from getting overlevelled.

Some, unfortunately, failed to install. I really would like the Animal Companion for Ranger one. But I ain't restarting the installation after failing 5 times already this week.

I really want to see that weidu.log of yours. lol

Surprisingly the Weidu.log is only 785 lines. I guess the install log is very inflated with "patching files" prompt.
Isn't 785 lines equal to 785 mod components? Which is quite large an installation. My EET game has half of it.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, i just done the first quest in the mini quests and encounters, the one about the wombyn chopping the guy's arm off, and the writing is already shit. Is this what they are all going to be like? Maybe i should just stick to the gameplay mods.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BTW, this is the order i came up with:

Capture.jpg

We'll see how it goes. I'll keep the quests and EE NPCs on this play through so i can check them out. I'll probably stick to the TuTu original for future plays though.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I’m seriously considering replaying BG1 in the BG1 engine with the last version of SCS1 and the tweak / fix mods that support it. Plus 1pp to restore pre-TotSC graphics.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
BTW, this is the order i came up with:

Capture.jpg

We'll see how it goes. I'll keep the quests and EE NPCs on this play through so i can check them out. I'll probably stick to the TuTu original for future plays though.

Do not use the Item Randomizer mod. It's horrible, and fucks up inventories of NPC's.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ayy, apparently they made level1npc compatible to the EE:

https://www.gibberlings3.net/mods/tweaks/levelonenpcs/
Eh, IIRC SCS offers this option too.

The one SCS offers is too radical. Drops characters to level 0 and then has special abilities to compensate for missing skills since when you level them up the number you get is wrong. Too messy for me.

Had no idea item randomizer was broken. Off the list it goes.

BTW, some components have hidden bugs as well. The component in S9BGEENPCTweaks that allows you to change kits set the XP of certain classes to zero. When i went to recruit Jaheira and Khalid (i turned the latter to a Fighter/Mage), she had almost 2000 XP while he had zero.

Kivan, however, started with 2000 XP, so i'm not sure. With level1npcs mod it's redundant, since they get the XP you have automatically, but still, i hate messy shit.

Also, the following stuff from cdtweaks is already included in the EE:

* Weapon Animation Tweaks
* Force All Dialogue To Pause
* Reveal City Maps
* ToB-Style NPCs
* Sensible Entrance Points

But apparently it is still useful to install them because they can still apply to mods.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Wow, so far the NPC banter mod is amazing. Imoen is incredibly accurate, so much as i already want to murder her and throw her body in a ditch and i'm not even out of the Friendly Arms Inn yet. The modders did an amazing job there.

Shadenuat

Arcane
You just haven't met Kivan yet. If you don't have a lot of patience of all the things elfish...

Yeslick is 5/5 though imo.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, the component of level1npcs that brings characters to your level doesn't work. I mean, it worked with Kivan, doesn't work with either Jaheria or Khalid. Great going, modders.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Beamdog should have hired the writers for the NPC Project and they might have been on to something. If they had also secured the permission of certain mods that are well built, but poorly written - they might also have been onto something...

Bear in mind I also said this in the "Trigger the Codex" thread.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Meh, the component in SCS that adds thieves skills by 5 instead of 1 doesn't work too.

Fuck it, i give up, gonna try that EET thing.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Man, this EET thing is retarded. First, it doesn't save your selection upon exiting, which means every time i want to mod the game i have to start over. Then it wants to download things it already downloaded and even after that i had to enter a few mods manually... using the archives the damn thing downloaded in the first place. Can i trust this thing? At least i can use the log it left.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, EET came out broken, but i did install some mods that aren't included in the list of compatible mods with the 2.5 patch:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/50340/bg-ee-2-0-and-siege-of-dragonspear-compatible-mods

But EET has a lot more than those in that thread, some of which dating from 2016 where as the patch game out in 2018. Stuff like Rogue Rebalancing, Item Revisions and Spell Revisions all seem problematic.

Back to manual install, with new and improved scheme:

LXXTX01.jpg

Just using EET to check for compatibility of individual components but the installation is manual. I think i'll just roll with this since i'm sick of it, and return to the original for future play through and forget about the EE altogether.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Man, this EET thing is retarded. First, it doesn't save your selection upon exiting, which means every time i want to mod the game i have to start over. Then it wants to download things it already downloaded and even after that i had to enter a few mods manually... using the archives the damn thing downloaded in the first place. Can i trust this thing? At least i can use the log it left.

you can actually import your selection to .ini file

Strantar

Novice
Well, EET came out broken, but i did install some mods that aren't included in the list of compatible mods with the 2.5 patch:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/50340/bg-ee-2-0-and-siege-of-dragonspear-compatible-mods

But EET has a lot more than those in that thread, some of which dating from 2016 where as the patch game out in 2018. Stuff like Rogue Rebalancing, Item Revisions and Spell Revisions all seem problematic.

Back to manual install, with new and improved scheme:

LXXTX01.jpg

Just using EET to check for compatibility of individual components but the installation is manual. I think i'll just roll with this since i'm sick of it, and return to the original for future play through and forget about the EE altogether.
All these lists are outdated because nobody cares to maintain them. If you want to have EET compatible overview look here http://eetcompatiblemods.baldursextendedworld.com/ Last updated a day or so ago.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Meh, so far i'm finding the NPC mod and the mini quest mod to be pretty cringe. Yes the writing in BG1 was extremely childish but there was this kind of impersonal atmosphere to it that added some degree of mystique to all the silliness. I'm now listening to Khalid and Jaheira talking about their marriage and i even got a "friendly" interaction with Montaron, something about how good he is at cooking. How much fucking soy do you have in you to inject a cutetsey friendly interaction with a character that's explicitly written to be an evil asshole (not that an "evil" interaction would have been written any better)?

As for the mini quests, they are all quite soyish as well and since i'm playing a Paladin i'm getting way too much reputation even though i picked the option in SCS to set the reputation gain in half.

Ho, i also got Neera in my part. Just, no. Thinking of starting over and get rid of all this shit.

BTW, the game hasn't been particularly hard so far. Do i have to go through the difficulty dialogue trees and raise the difficulty there for SCS? I was under the impression the difficulty was based on what you set in the game (i'm playing on insane), but apparently i have to manually do it for every component through said dialogue window? The mage in the friendly arm inn did cast more spells, but aside for that the game feels like vanilla so far. Not sure what i expected since SCS is an AI mod, maybe it is written to keep the earlier areas easy since you start out as a pathetic scrub?

Shadenuat

Arcane
BG1 lacks in monstruary and levels to be difficult too much, you'll have to pass the Sleep all > left click stage for it to pick up, like after Davaeorn fight. There are random spikes in difficulty like 4 thay wizards in forest or ogre mage out of the bottle. Also just throwing fireballs/oils/necklace of missiles is too effective (and same in Dragonspear).

The enemy stats are definitely ramped up. Wolves have like 20+ hp, Blacktalons have pretty high AC, for example.

i even got a "friendly" interaction with Montaron, something about how good he is at cooking
isn't whole conversation about him cooking cause he doesn't trust anyone else to do it, and because he is good at brewing poisons?

for Khalid and Jaheira, I'd ditch Khalid, Jaheira has ton of content once you reach Cloakwood, but he's not required.

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
You'd be enjoying yourself more if you'd taken Finch

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom