Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex RPGs in Late Medieval and Renaissance Italy

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
I need a list of RPGs that take place in Late Medieval to Early Modern Italy, or feel like they do.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I need a list of RPGs that take place in Late Medieval to Early Modern Italy, or feel like they do.

That's... very specific. And yeah, the colonial part of Deadfire fits that description pretty well. Pirates were also at that time, right?

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Lionheart Legacy of the Crusader is supposed to take place in 16th century Barcelona or something, isn't it? There are demons and stuff, obviously, but beggars can't be choosers.

Edit: damn you rusty

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
I'm looking for The Civilization of the Renaissance in Italy the RPG.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
If adventure games are RPGs then you can play I, Damiano it's a totally hardcore game with Satan, talking dogs, and witch sex.

Oh and it's in Italy, can't forget that.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
There was a NwN module with a renaissance setting, including portraits and all, but I forgot which one it was.

Deleted Member 22431

That's the gayest period in history.

The only cRPG in medieval times that I know is Darklands.

V_K

Arcane
Mistmare - while technically it's alternative history 20th century, the cultural/technological developments never went beyond Renaissance for a number of in-game reasons.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I want to design a campaign exactly in this setting. Italy during the Italian wars of the 1st half of the 16th century. I have a bunch of rough ideas but I don't know if I'll ever get around to it.

The story follows the campaigns with the players using "classes" designed around military and political figures of the campagins. The campaigns themselves can branch off from the historical outcomes into a number of predefined hypothetical scenarios. Coming up with these scenarios so that they are roughly plausible is the first more laboursome part of the work because it needs some research. Actually designing classes and coming up with a storyline for the characters is the fun part.

Last edited:

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
Wasn't Ultima IV described as such by Garriott? Not that it really fits, though.

Comte

Pillars of Eternity

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom