Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ghulgothas

Arcane
I hope they're giving their FX Artists credit. Aside from portraits and narrative changes, I bet all the flashy spellbooks are what's really gonna sell people on a Path.
What mythic path are you going to pick?
Swarm-That-Walks. I see no better way to test this game's Advanced Reactivity than turning my Sorcerer into a walking FDA Violation. Also because I think it'll make all the romances really funny.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I hope they're giving their FX Artists credit. Aside from portraits and narrative changes, I bet all the flashy spellbooks are what's really gonna sell people on a Path.
Swarm-That-Walks. I see no better way to test this game's Advanced Reactivity than turning my Sorcerer into a walking FDA Violation. Also because I think it'll make all the romances really funny.
ALL WIVES ARE FOOD FOR THE SWARM!
I personally might roll either a Lich monk or a Demon monk. I am still deciding.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Crafting is a plague on a games itemization. They should just add a better variety of weapons or make less weapon types and give each one they leave in some love. Finding unique items through quests or exploration is ruined if you can just craft a better one.

I guess the developer would have to look at what type of itemization they want and add a crafting system or not depending on what they choose but I much prefer finding out buying equipment purposefully placed in the game. Random drops and crafting don't appeal to me

Deadfire has the perfect solution to that. Unique equipment is found or bought BUT also has unique crafting upgrade paths. Usually with interesting choices involved (like do I want 10% more damage or healing effect on kill) .
I enjoy crafting as long there are no crafting materials.
ToEE and KotC are fine: you have feats to make whatever you want, you just need to satisfy certain conditions (being a caster in a simpler system, knowing certain spells in a more complex one).
On the other hands, Pillars crafting system is infuriating to me. You want to make this particular item? Oh, sorry, you need these 3 materials and good luck googling them. I hate it.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
I personally might roll either a Lich monk or a Demon monk. I am still deciding.
Swarm or Dragon, actually.
If it actually turns your PC into a perma-dragon rather than a tempory Dragonkind shift or one of those wierd Draconid-Half-Dragon things, then I'm going for that, no question!
I oughtta ask them that in the next AMA, now that I think about it...

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Honestly, a Monk Tiefling with the Demon path could be baller. I maybe with some Bloodrager thrown in for the lulz.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
It would be a huge missed opportunity if the a plot-mandated combat encounter for the Evil Paths isn't all your living good-aligned companions, or all the Office-Holders you appointed in your army.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Since I've been loving Pathfinder: Kingmaker so much I decided to donate to the Codex's Wrath of the Righteous fundraiser.

As for Mythic Path, maybe I'll try the Gold Dragon path with a monk. That seems like it would work well since they both use natural weapons.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
It would be a huge missed opportunity if the a plot-mandated combat encounter for the Evil Paths isn't all your living good-aligned companions, or all the Office-Holders you appointed in your army.
It would be a huge missed opportunity if you can't trick the paladin into a Dak'kon-like state as some kind of devil, or not kill, raise, and enslave companions as a lich.

Probably way too much work to do well enough, though, since it would necessitate entirely re-written/re-arted companions in some cases. It'd suck to corrupt someone and still have them act the same, or raise someone as undead and still have them look and talk like a normie.
Since I've been loving Pathfinder: Kingmaker so much I decided to donate to the Codex's Wrath of the Righteous fundraiser.

As for Mythic Path, maybe I'll try the Gold Dragon path with a monk. That seems like it would work well since they both use natural weapons.
Scaled Fist, obviously.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Tiefling - Bloodrager - Demon Mythic Path most likely for the first playthrough. Will start with Chaotic Neutral and see whether I can keep it in CN as much as possible while pursuing Demon path.

I think it should be thematically fitting trying to reign in you inner beast while doing the crusade.

Elex

Arbiter

Kung fu dragon?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Riddle Me This

Far away, in the place she refuses to call her home, Areshkagal, Demon Lord of portals and riddles, spends her time endlessly asking questions.

1ff0649b41e07720addbe424a5d000f7_original.png

Will she finally be able to take revenge against her half-sister? Which of her plans will work better for the next attack? Whence her draconic wings? How did she not foresee Aldinach’s treachery? When will the next great riddle come to her mind? When will she escape this accursed place and return to the endless whispering sands that were once her home?

As she ponders these questions and myriad more besides, her minions draw her attention to the events happening in the Rasping Rifts and on Golarion in the Worldwound. And with this information, new inquiries spring forth in her mind…

99a7b391fb7d031849d20c9e38ccb82f_original.png

Who is going to claim the spoils—Baphomet or Deskari? Is Baphomet handsome enough for her? Are the mortals genuinely capable of withstanding the combined forces of two Demon Lords? Can Deskari’s Riftcarver truly slice through the planes? What are those two fools doing? Who is leading the mortals? How are they so strong, and getting stronger still? How has mortalkind at large responded to this shift? By what secret means did they acquire that power? Will Areshkagal be able to use that power herself? And when she wields it, what will her sister’s final moments be like?

She puts in motion her own plans to capture, test, and study this new mortal, the one who has been fending off the onslaught of not one but two Demon Lords with just a handful of followers.

Are the mortals smart enough? Will they be able to solve all the riddles she sets them? Will they be cunning enough to escape her trap? What is the best lure for mortals? Will they survive in the harsh conditions of the Blood Clefts, where rivers of blood flow through jagged canyons of crimson rock? Will they be able to withstand her horrific visage? Will she be able to trick the mortals into doing her bidding, lure them with her treasures, or bend them to her will by force?

ccf10a631230a215abcefd942f93f8ee_original.png

She does not know the answers to these questions, but she intends to find out.

To arms?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The next stretch goal is not in 2 million USD :argh::argh::argh:

I am so triggered by this.

Now someone plz get data miner from discord to get what the next goal is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom