Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

BarbequeMasta

Learned
I will ask if they will limit the summons to only one or if necromancy will be great like BG1/BG2 and PF:KM...
One of the many reasons I love PF:KM is my casters making my PC cry with animate dead spam, no need for frontliners!

Dodo1610

Arcane
I will ask if they will limit the summons to only one or if necromancy will be great like BG1/BG2 and PF:KM...
According to this it should be pretty damn interesting, but from what I can see the real fun begins after reaching level 7.

Eh That's homebrew, I doubt Larian will just copy classes made by random people from the internet.

Elex

Arbiter
tenor.png

this is the PHB necromancy wizard subclass (that mean it also have the wizard base stuff )

School of Necromancy

The School of Necromancy explores the cosmic forces of life, death, and undeath. As you focus your studies in this tradition, you learn to manipulate the energy that animates all living things. As you progress, you learn to sap the life force from a creature as your magic destroys its body, transforming that vital energy into magical power you can manipulate.

Most people see necromancers as menacing, or even villainous, due to the close association with death. Not all necromancers are evil, but the forces they manipulate are considered taboo by many societies.

Necromancy Savant
Beginning when you select this school at 2nd level, the gold and time you must spend to copy a necromancy spell into your spellbook is halved.

Grim Harvest
At 2nd level, you gain the ability to reap life energy from creatures you kill with your spells. Once per turn when you kill one or more creatures with a spell of 1st level or higher, you regain hit points equal to twice the spell's level, or three times its level if the spell belongs to the School of Necromancy. You don't gain this benefit for killing constructs or undead.

Undead Thralls
At 6th level, you add the animate dead spell to your spellbook if it is not there already. When you cast animate dead, you can target one additional corpse or pile of bones, creating another zombie or skeleton, as appropriate.

Whenever you create an undead using a necromancy spell, it has additional benefits:

The creature's hit point maximum is increased by an amount equal to your wizard level.
The creature adds your proficiency bonus to its weapon damage rolls.

Inured to Undeath
Beginning at 10th level, you have resistance to necrotic damage, and your hit point maximum can't be reduced. You have spent so much time dealing with undead and the forces that animate them that you have become inured to some of their worst effects.

Command Undead
Starting at 14th level, you can use magic to bring undead under your control, even those created by other wizards. As an action, you can choose one undead that you can see within 60 feet of you. That creature must make a Charisma saving throw against your wizard spell save DC. If it succeeds, you can't use this feature on it again. If it fails, it becomes friendly to you and obeys your commands until you use this feature again.

Intelligent undead are harder to control in this way. If the target has an Intelligence of 8 or higher, it has advantage on the saving throw. If it fails the saving throw and has an Intelligence of 12 or higher, it can repeat the saving throw at the end of every hour until it succeeds and breaks free.

this is the spell animate dead:
This spell creates an undead servant. Choose a pile of bones or a corpse of a Medium or Small humanoid within range. Your spell imbues the target with a foul mimicry of life, raising it as an undead creature. The target becomes a skeleton if you chose bones or a zombie if you chose a corpse (the DM has the creature's game statistics).

On each of your turns, you can use a bonus action to mentally command any creature you made with this spell if the creature is within 60 feet of you (if you control multiple creatures, you can command any or all of them at the same time, issuing the same command to each one). You decide what action the creature will take and where it will move during its next turn, or you can issue a general command, such as to guard a particular chamber or corridor. If you issue no commands, the creature only defends itself against hostile creatures. Once given an order, the creature continues to follow it until its task is complete.

The creature is under your control for 24 hours, after which it stops obeying any command you've given it. To maintain control of the creature for another 24 hours, you must cast this spell on the creature again before the current 24-hour period ends. This use of the spell reasserts your control over up to four creatures you have animated with this spell, rather than animating a new one.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 4th level or higher, you animate or reassert control over two additional undead creatures for each slot level above 3rd. Each of the creatures must come from a different corpse or pile of bones.

there is more stuff of course.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
RTWP was an organic thing for early bioware, because they were originally developing an RTS engine before pivoting. POE didn’t understand this influence and got the feel of combat all wrong. Kingmaker was able to capture the feel for whatever reason, but Larian doesn’t have that influence and has a good track record now with TB combat so I’m happy they’re sticking to what they’re good at.

Razzoriel

Genos Studios
Developer
Sometimes it just seems like you people are just looking for a reason to be angry.

Hate keeps a man alive
If you do not hate anything, you do not love anything. If you love anything, you have hate for things that want to take it from you. Thus being against "hate" is the same as being against "love". Now, if you want to talk about blind hate, then theres another discussion.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
RTWP was an organic thing for early bioware, because they were originally developing an RTS engine before pivoting. POE didn’t understand this influence and got the feel of combat all wrong. Kingmaker was able to capture the feel for whatever reason, but Larian doesn’t have that influence and has a good track record now with TB combat so I’m happy they’re sticking to what they’re good at.

This TB argument is a gigantic red herring, like i said like 300 pages ago.

The problem is with everything else.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron

Well I guess we’ll find out. I have zero expectations

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
This is a stupid argument it's not the system but the game. You can make a great real time game as much as you can make a shit turn based game and if there's a pressure in the industry to make real time games it means many good games will invariably end up being real time if anything because of the sheer volume of such games.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Also, it misses the point why so many people want real time. I mean, sure, most Bioware fans are retarded and they probably find TB games too teh hard for them, but there's also the simple matter of changing the game. People wanted Baldur's Gate 3, they didn't want D:OS 3. It's that simple.

Now with that disappointment out of the way, we can still judge this game under it's own terms, and a Divinity game with a better rule set is still incline the only concern is going to be the writing. That's what's going to kill this game in the end, especially if they are going to expand on the story faggotry aspect compared with the other Divinity games. Bad writing is already a chore, LOT'S of bad writing... just no.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
  • Arcanum, which has both turn-based and RTwP modes

Arcanum has real time but only was included by publisher pressures and is not playable...

PS : On top 10, no game has cooldowns. On top 20, no game has cooldowns. On top 30, no game has cooldowns. On top 40, 2 games has cooldowns on that list ( https://rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=11193 )
At the end of the day I'm sure everyone here can agree that cool downs suck. We may fight over rtwp or turn based or whether Larian should be forced to shut down and never get to make a game ever again, but at least we have our mutual hate for cool downs.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

Yes. PoE didn't fail because of RTwP. It's shocking that Sawyer thought TB would change anything. Much in the same way, Kingmaker doesn't suck because of RTwP but because of Kingdom management.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron

Yes. PoE didn't fail because of RTwP. It's shocking that Sawyer thought TB would change anything. Much in the same way, Kingmaker doesn't suck because of RTwP but because of Kingdom management.

Kingmaker doesn’t suck because it’s good

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

The game allows you to ignore kingdom management, so that you can enjoy the entire amazing RPG that comes with it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom