Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Yosharian

Arcane
Meh. Hunter is really boring. Dinos are pretty cool.

deuxhero

Arcane
On the other hand its kinda disappointing that the last stretch goal is just another class.
What exactly is the difference between hunter and ranger?

Hunter is a mid BAB class that gets a max of 6th level spells, has a full power animal companion and some random gimmick abilities everyone trades for a cleric domain, the celestial template on their animal companion, and evolutions on their animal companion. Ranger is a full BAB class with a bunch of prerequisite free feats that only gets 4th level spells. All they share is the various random nature abilities, that druids also get, and a spell list.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I hope we get dinosaurs.

75561525_2454849844733371_6674407340084559872_o.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Divinity: Original Sin 2: $2,032,434 from 42,713 backers

Pillars of Eternity II: $2,157,958 from 33,614 backers

Wrath of the Righteous: $2,054,339 from 35,092 backers

$$$ per backer matters!

CaesarCzech

Scholar
Divinity: Original Sin 2: $2,032,434 from 42,713 backers

Pillars of Eternity II: $2,157,958 from 33,614 backers

Wrath of the Righteous: $2,054,339 from 35,092 backers

$$$ per backer matters!
We lost to PoE2? Damn. Guess I shouldn't just start shit talking then.

It was Second PoE2 Game and they were coasting on their Old Reputation that reputation was worth 103 000$ so yeah

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Who cares? WotR will be miles better than PoE2.

Maybe I just like imagining Sawyer checking WotR page from time to time and eating his finger-nails bit by bit while muttering under his breath:
"This is not happening. This should not be happening! IE games are dead! No one likes them anymore! This is why Deadfire failed!"
Then he had a time to calm down a bit only to:
"LARIAN STOLE MY CHANCE TO MAKE BG3!"

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Soyer is such a delusional manchild he needs to get OFF dumblr and SA it has turned his brain into lavender scented soy mush.

He legitimately does not understand why PoE2 failed. That speech he did didn't address why it failed he has basically gone full Nu-Bioware.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Maybe I just like imagining Sawyer checking WotR page from time to time and eating his finger-nails bit by bit while muttering under his breath:
"This is not happening. This should not be happening! IE games are dead! No one likes them anymore! This is why Deadfire failed!"
So... this is going to make a lot of people frown, but someone has to bring it up: PoE 1 also had a decent marketing campaign through exposure in reviews. You may either smile sarcastically, or frown in discontempt, but Angry Joe reviewing PoE 1 and giving it a thumbs up meant a LOT.

For PoE 2, they didn't go about the same way for... some... reason.

I mean both games were aimed at the 7 year old demographic, you know... kids that barely learned how to read, meaning they're mediocre at best, but - at least - for the 1st one they had a strategy to put it out there, and work with the hand that they were being dealt with as best as they could. Where as for the 2nd one, it was more of a "we got dis bois~!" - and we know how that turned out.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
PROPHECY FULLFILLED - 2 MILLION DOLLARZ!

They"ll end up with more money in the bank than Larian with DoS2, and probably also (MUCH!) better game when it's released. We are nearing the end of beginning, True Crusade starts in less than 5 hours. It was honour, pleasure & time well spent in Crusade boot camp with you, codex broz. True Crusade awaits us all!

New Black Isle is born tonight
Yeah,larian really did them a favour with that BG trailer and gameplay.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Pink Eye, the gentle Monk, an NPC that you meet in a random encounter and helps you defeat a group of enemies, and then in a conversation (if he survives the encounter) he tells you about the wonders of being a monk and how he left on a world tour to inspire other adventurers to follow the path of fists in defense of the good. Anonymously, of course.

You discover his name in a diary that he drops when he's leaving, which is a unique usable item that tells his life stories and, when used, gives some kind of permanent buff to the character - or exp points. (EDIT: or maybe unique equipable item if your player character is a monk or whatever).
More like he is a random nobody called pink noober that follows you around to tell you about wonders of monks until you are forced to kill him. If you got a monk in the party you have an option to tell him to go wait by the stables where you will show him the wonders of being a monk and then you never show up.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Reminder that Sawyer never knew what he was doing.
Just 6 seconds? I wish that was the case for me, though I have more of a mid-range SSD. I think all those items I left lying around are starting to really bog down my game. The cyclops tomb was particularly bad in this regard, with what feels like hundreds of zombies, many of them with gear.
Yeah, when the big patch hits and I finally start over, I'm going to be using that damn cleaning mod from the beginning. No way am I going back and cleaning all the areas I've been in.

It is funny, though, that PF:K managed to solve what Sawyer and his ilk claimed was a major issue that you couldn't possibly solve without having an endless shared stash in which people would stuff everything and their mother - people hoovering areas and hauling it all back to the store even if it took multiple trips and were detrimental to the enjoyment of the game - by going in the opposite direction and instead making encumbrance matter more and introducing time as a relevant factor when it comes to gameplay and quest resolution, and then imparting encumbrance feedback upon the player, making it a relevant "stat" to manage same as any other. Presto, people suddenly no longer feel like every piece of armor and every rusty spoon is worth carrying and hauling to a vendor, and it was done without compromising good design and verisimilitude or introducing popamole decline in any way whatsoever.

Get rekt, Sawyer, you and your shitty focus groups and player feedback and quality of life. :argh:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom