Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Divinity: Original Sin 2: $2,032,434 from 42,713 backers

Pillars of Eternity II: $2,157,958 from 33,614 backers

Wrath of the Righteous: $2,054,339 from 35,092 backers

$$$ per backer matters!
Well if we compare success with kickstarter money we don’t get any logical result.
Torment Tides of Numenera: $4.188.927 from 74.405 backers :smug:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Divinity: Original Sin 2: $2,032,434 from 42,713 backers

Pillars of Eternity II: $2,157,958 from 33,614 backers

Wrath of the Righteous: $2,054,339 from 35,092 backers

$$$ per backer matters!
Well if we compare success with kickstarter money we don’t get any logical result.
Torment Tides of Numenera: $4.188.927 from 74.405 backers :smug:
Yeah,that was a butthurt lol.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Congrats to everyone at Owlcat \o/

Now... What race to vote for?
We all decided on ratfolk. I'm sorry, but you have no choice.
Thank God that they didn't reach the final goal lol. Dinosaurs are retarded and would have only taken away part of the immersion.
Well you're shit out of luck, because that stretch goal will be reached by slacker-backers via Paypal or similar.

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
So... this is going to make a lot of people frown, but someone has to bring it up: PoE 1 also had a decent marketing campaign through exposure in reviews. You may either smile sarcastically, or frown in discontempt, but Angry Joe reviewing PoE 1 and giving it a thumbs up meant a LOT.

For PoE 2, they didn't go about the same way for... some... reason.

Well I could agree that Deadfire failure is kinda paradoxical in regards that game had a lot of media coverage, easily x5-10 of media noise comparing to Owlcat's P:K, and very good scores that for some reason had not translated into potential buyers willing to give it a chance. For all that matters, Deadfire is the same old PoE but bigger, better and prettier (personally, I hate story, writing and the lack of dungeons, of course).

Being beat in sales by RPG that most of the game journalists judged not good enough to deserve a review or chance in "RPG of the years" lists should be... disheartening. I guess, his new colleagues from inXile not without a fault here too with all their combined attempts of tasteful rape on IE legacy.
(It took me BG 3 announcement to see how tasteless IE-rape looks like).

Last edited:

Bara

Arcane
Thank God that they didn't reach the final goal lol. Dinosaurs are retarded and would have only taken away part of the immersion.

They're probably going to reach it later with post-campaign preorders.
I do hope i don't end up meeting it and it is only a character creation thing.

Well the world wound is supposed to attract heroes all across the world for the crusade but on the other hand for Kingmaker they kept things focused on the region.

So I think your chances are 50/50.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

They're probably going to reach it later with post-campaign preorders.
I do hope i don't end up meeting it and it is only a character creation thing.
If there are, say, three to five dinosaur models, with several stages each, too, do you really expect them not to use them? :smug:

That said, I can't say that I'm excited for them either. I'm fine with dinosaurs in D&D, but they require a degree of.. contextualization. And I have a hard time seeing that in Wrath of the Righteous, and as a player character thing, I can't imagine that the reactivity is there, and the necessary (IMO) ability to express the supporting logic.

That's my only fear.

It seems redundant to me, being the hybrid of ranger and druid, while the ranger is already a mixed fighter/druid, but I'm no expert.

Being derived from D&D 3.5, Pathfinder inherited the core classes and multiclassing rules (including prestige classes), but Paizo has since began creating a large number of hybrid classes to allow players to "be the kind of character they want to be from Lv1 onward" (or something like that). Basically these hybrid classes sacrifice high-level spellcasting in return for melding two classes from the start.

So you have things like the Eldritch Knight prestige class (mage + fighter multiclass route) and also the Magus class (mage + fighter, no high-level spells but gets Spell Combat, casting in armor, etc).

And you have things like the Hunter class, which sounds like a Ranger or Druid archetype (or in oldspeak, a kit).

But I'm also ***not*** a Pathfinder expert, so someone out there correct me if my impressions are mistaken.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Well the world wound is supposed to attract heroes all across the world for the crusade but on the other hand for Kingmaker they kept things focused on the region.

See, if I could, for example, establish that I'm a member of some knightly cavalier or paladin order in a chelaxian colony in Maztica, and that our things are medium armor, feathers, and riding stegosauri, I'd be fine with dinosaurs.

I'm just not seeing that happening. Most likely, you'll show up with a fucking velicoraptor and it'll be treated as perfectly normal.
It seems redundant to me, being the hybrid of ranger and druid, while the ranger is already a mixed fighter/druid, but I'm no expert.

Being derived from D&D 3.5, Pathfinder inherited the core classes and multiclassing rules (including prestige classes), but Paizo has since began creating a large number of hybrid classes to allow players to "be the kind of character they want to be from Lv1 onward" (or something like that). Basically these hybrid classes sacrifice high-level spellcasting in return for melding two classes from the start.

So you have things like the Eldritch Knight prestige class (mage + fighter multiclass route) and also the Magus class (mage + fighter, no high-level spells but gets Spell Combat, casting in armor, etc).

And you have things like the Hunter class, which sounds like a Ranger or Druid archetype (or in oldspeak, a kit).

But I'm also ***not*** a Pathfinder expert, so someone out there correct me if my impressions are mistaken.
No, that's about the gist of it, but also the fact that Paizo made multiclassing suck, and especially fucked up prestige classes. Hybrid classes are often straight-up more powerful than pure core/base/occult classes (bloodrager can theoretically just replace barbarian 9 ways out of 10), but legit multiclass builds (like, say, straight ranger/druid) just sucked so much, even with thematic synergy, that I guess they felt compelled to create the hybrids.

Magus is a poor example, though. It's actually a base class, not technically classified as a hybrid, and it originates in the 3.5 hexblade and duskblade.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane

See, if I could, for example, establish that I'm a member of some knightly cavalier or paladin order in a chelaxian colony in Maztica, and that our things are medium armor, feathers, and riding stegosauri, I'd be fine with dinosaurs.

I'm just not seeing that happening. Most likely, you'll show up with a fucking velicoraptor and it'll be treated as perfectly normal.
In a game where they will let a Demon lead an army vs demons this is the smaller problem.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

In a game where they will let a Demon lead an army vs demons this is the smaller problem.
No, because that will no doubt be rationalized and explained. You won't just pick "demon" on character creation, show up at the gates and have the commander go "'sup? You in? Cool."

ArchAngel

Arcane

No, because that will no doubt be rationalized and explained. You won't just pick "demon" on character creation, show up at the gates and have the commander go "'sup? You in? Cool."
There is no way to rationalize that. Whatever they come up with, it will be stupid.

jerfdr

Educated

There is no way to rationalize that. Whatever they come up with, it will be stupid.
What? There is A LOT of infighting among the demons, they're chaotic in nature. For instance, Areshkagal's (the demon lord from one of the stretch goals) greatest enemy is another demon lord, her half-sister.

It's perfectly plausible that a demon would fight other demons (even if they are trying to do stuff which would seemingly benefit all demons, like stretching Worldwound across all Golarion).

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Also, I don't understand the hate towards PoE-II. Well, besides being the Codex autism syndrome. The main story of the game is appalling, but the only reason for it is trying to stretch the tale that is already told and finished. The rest of the game is very good, especially with the gambit / tactics system for programming A.I.

And PoE-I is just a masterpiece with its brilliant central plot.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
A Cavalier riding a Triceratops. That would be an amazing companion.

Well, I've always wanted my own big-ass giant mammoth and ride it around the city "Choo choo motherfuckers, get out of my way!" so ridable mastodon would be hella cool too.

jerfdr

Educated
Also, I don't understand the hate towards PoE-II. Well, besides being the Codex autism syndrome. The main story of the game is appalling, but the only reason for it is trying to stretch the tale that is already told and finished. The rest of the game is very good, especially with the gambit / tactics system for programming A.I.

My thoughts exactly, except that the fact of the main story of PoE2 being a huge downgrade compared to PoE1 was enough to rob me of most of the enjoyment of this game.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hybrid classes are often straight-up more powerful than pure core/base/occult classes (bloodrager can theoretically just replace barbarian 9 ways out of 10)

I think the only literal difference between a Barbarian and a primalist archetype bloodrager (can optionally swap bloodline abilities for 2 rage powers) is d12 vs d10 hitdice.

The tiny loss of hp becomes pretty irrelevant when you consider the fact bloodragers have access to tons of great defensive spells like mirror image and displacement.

Arcane bloodragers can even get displacement or haste entirely for free when they rage without even having to waste time casting it.

BarbequeMasta

Learned

The complete joke difficulty pretty much ruins everything gameplay related in dumpsterfire. You can argue that POE1 or any of the new CRPGs are not that hard and likely be right but POE2 was on a whole other level of piss easy, you could random a character, roll your face on the keyboard and destroy everything on POTD.
I hear they improved it after patchs, but the story and new companions are an insanely dogshit, so I can't even force myself to make another playthrough for now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom