Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Site doesn't load

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Either DU quarantined Italy or my provider thinks the Codex spreads COVID-19. I can only access the site via VPN or roaming data.

Our voices won't be silenced! Stronzo! Mamma mia! Spaghetti! DU dice: salutatemilano.

Thanks for listening.

Edit: Update, site now loads but is unnaturally slow. In the remote chance this isn't a scheme weaved to entertain our Elders, is there anything I should be doing to troubleshoot?

Last edited:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

A horse of course

It's like Orpheus and Eurydice, with Hades being the Codex and Eurydice as your last chance to retain a shred of dignity. Unfortunately, you looked back.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Despair in realizing even armed with this info there's nothing you can do.

Still very useful, thanks. There's a pretty big delay in

ae1.milano52.mil.seabone.net

Pretty sure this is due to the emergency and the city lines probably being clogged. The odd thing is I can now more or less load the Codex and every other site, albeit slowly but I have noticeable issues when trying to access GD and the restricted boards. Any kind of suggestion is welcome, I'll keep troubleshooting just for the heck of it, quarantine is boring.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Facebook broke for me today. Not the Codex, luckily.

Is it really because of increased traffic?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Pretty sure this is due to the emergency and the city lines probably being clogged. The odd thing is I can now more or less load the Codex and every other site, albeit slowly but I have noticeable issues when trying to access GD and the restricted boards. Any kind of suggestion is welcome, I'll keep troubleshooting just for the heck of it, quarantine is boring.
I don't have any problem with being forced to stay home, but this fucking virus better not take my shitposting away from me

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Whenever the Codex breaks for me, I find that deleting the cookies/cached files fixes it.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Bippidi bappidi boopi
Hey, its only funny when Italians do it.
I don't have any problem with being forced to stay home, but this fucking virus better not take my shitposting away from me
Its God giving you one more chance to go to heaven before corona takes you to hell.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
You can go on the codex in China with no VPN.

Those spaghetti niggers are fucked honestly. How do you even die to corona shameful display.

A horse of course

You can go on the codex in China with no VPN.

Those spaghetti niggers are fucked honestly. How do you even die to corona shameful display.
It depends, sometimes the Great Firewall will block it for weeks, then it will work perfectly.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Maybe its just your ISP overloading. With the country on lockdown the internet is the only place you can go.

And stay safe in Italy man. Wash your hands, don't touch your face.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Whenever the Codex breaks for me, I find that deleting the cookies/cached files fixes it.

Thx! I agree. Unfortunately I had already tried.

Hey, its only funny when Italians do it.

Shitpost and let shitpost, do not linger on shit. It's bad for you!

Those spaghetti niggers are fucked honestly.

Yo momma is fucked bro. Italians are amazingly apt at surviving, time will tell.

Maybe its just your ISP overloading. With the country on lockdown the internet is the only place you can go.

Pretty much this, the site is working today, it was probably just a temporary issue. I was also experiencing lag playing on Steam and roll20. For once, Codex was innocent.

Last edited:

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Maybe we need a toilet paper button... You know, for posterity.
Don't you mean for posteriority?

quality_shit.png

Bohr

Arcane
Thank God it's still up for now. Self-isolation would be a daunting prospect without my mentors on the Codex.

laclongquan

Arcane
Today I cant load rpgcodex by smartphone. And later on, very very slowly.

Unsure if it's internet clogging (because other sites work fine), or server clog it specifically, or dumteedum

or it's the fault of too many smileys, per usual.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Today I cant load rpgcodex by smartphone. And later on, very very slowly.

Unsure if it's internet clogging (because other sites work fine), or server clog it specifically, or dumteedum

or it's the fault of too many smileys, per usual.

Did you turn the codex off and on again?
What's the button for it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom