Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I used a console command to clear the fog back in the day (on less thorough replays.)

ugh I hate how much empty space there is in BG1, I already know where the quest and NPC’s are but my autism prevents me from leaving a wilderness area until all the fog is gone.

fuuuck this game
Yeah, I know what you mean, it's just not possible for me to leave an area without getting all the fog away. And I get almost crazy in those few maps where you can't clean it completely... But I have to disagree about the "empty spaces". There has been taken so much care in every region of this world with all it's natural details and ambient sounds I still enjoy taking a walk in the green. And I also enjoy not being constantly annoyed by NPCs who want my attention and quests in every last corner. But I guess I'm in a minority here.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
meh some content is good some is boring. The atmosphere is very good but still too much walking, a blobber I think could do this much better in some ways but eh

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I’m trying to kind of hurry and get to BG2 because I never played past chapter 2 in it. but I can’t start from there because I want to import a custom party first.

I know exactly what you mean, I could never play BG2 with a new character. It's just a must to get him through all the hardships of BG1 & LotSC first for the proper "epic" feeling. And I just have to murder Drizzt to enjoy his butthurt reactions about it in BG2. :D But you know you can't import your whole party into BG2, just your main guy, right? You can import your party into Dragonspear but not into BG2.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I know exactly what you mean, I could never play BG2 with a new character. It's just a must to get him through all the hardships of BG1 & LotSC first for the proper "epic" feeling. But you know you can't import your whole party into BG2, just your main guy, right? You can import your party into Dragonspear but not into BG2.
what? I thought you could make a multiplayer game and import all of your companions? Wtf am I reading can you not do that?

I never played the game in multiplayer so I don't really know. But I don't think it would make sense as your party is shattered at the beginning of BG2.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Just checked, you can.

B87604F6-B01C-4624-B2DB-807F8EE1F580.jpeg

4CE5733A-1F06-4A29-8EDA-B8835E15FF6F.jpeg

Ludwig von Eisenthal

Last edited:
Interesting, so you are able to create a complete party at the beginning of BG1 and take it with you to the bitter end? Like in Icewind Dale? I have to try that.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

You can do it in EE singleplayer too, I think.

edit: you need to import a savegame and not just export a character.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I’m trying to kind of hurry and get to BG2 because I never played past chapter 2 in it. but I can’t start from there because I want to import a custom party first.

If you plan to play Siege of Derpspear, it raises the exp cap to 500k, so when you start BG2 with SoD character, edit the save to 161k, and lower the level. EEKeeper and the game will change the hp, thac0 etc to the level you set as long as you press the recalculate stats button. In the SoD topic, I wrote a short review but the ending is so fucking dumb, that you might want to experience it for yourself...plus the combat is still pretty fun, and it's low-mid D&D.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

If you plan to play Siege of Derpspear, it raises the exp cap to 500k, so when you start BG2 with SoD character, edit the save to 161k, and lower the level. EEKeeper and the game will change the hp, thac0 etc to the level you set as long as you press the recalculate stats button. In the SoD topic, I wrote a short review but the ending is so fucking dumb, that you might want to experience it for yourself...plus the combat is still pretty fun, and it's low-mid D&D.
I’m playing the normal games(non-EE) and I never bought SoD.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

I’m playing the normal games(non-EE) and I never bought SoD.

Dang...I wanted to spread misery joy around!
My short write-up is in here:
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...e-of-dragonspear.107891/page-178#post-6583940

I think the ending was almost worth drudging through it, it's so fucking, amazingly, retarded.

I'm just playing through BG2EE, and they haven't replaced the original videos/graphics between chapters in it, maybe due the immense dislike fans seemed to have for BG1 videos.

I had to get SoD in order to get the EE trilogy mod working a while back.

The storyline is basically mod-level quality.

Have you ever wanted Irenicus to pop in randomly in a robe and taunt you before you ever meet him? Did you ever want a certain character from BG1 to die in forced cutscene? Then this is the mod...er expansion pack for you!

They did some semi impressive scripting for some of it though. So if I'm going to call it a mod, I'd say it's not a bad one.

But as an expansion pack that you have to pay for and that passes itself off as canon? It's trash.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas

Have you ever wanted Irenicus to pop in randomly in a robe and taunt you before you ever meet him? Did you ever want a certain character from BG1 to die in forced cutscene? Then this is the mod...er expansion pack for you!

They did some semi impressive scripting for some of it though. So if I'm going to call it a mod, I'd say it's not a bad one.

But as an expansion pack that you have to pay for and that passes itself off as canon? It's trash.

But did you disable the trap?

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Who dies? Either I didn't have him or her in my party, or I wasn't paying attention. Beat SoD twice, and I can't for the life of me remember any of the companions dying.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Who dies? Either I didn't have him or her in my party, or I wasn't paying attention. Beat SoD twice, and I can't for the life of me remember any of the companions dying.

Skie.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Skie.
Fuck me, okay, I remember now. Yeah, I've not played since about 2016 or so. That one was obvious and it all came back to me now. :lol:

But did you disable the trap?
All of the characters are pretty bland in SoD, so I didn’t really remember the tranny NPC, if that’s what you’re referring to.

The only character who I didn’t mind was the flaming fist officer. But as soon as I saw she had a kid, I was out of there.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
So, I’m using Gatekeeper to edit my paladin into a fighter (because vanilla paladins are Garbo.) and I’m not sure how to edit out my inate paladin abilities also now that I edited my class will my be progression be fixed the next time I level up? Thanks.

(Like not getting my bonus saving throws)?

alighieri

Educated
how the fuck do you play BGII on max difficulty? even on normal settings my party gets wiped pretty frequently. though I still don't know how to handle spell casters properly in this game. chaos / confusion / fear destroys me everytime

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
how the fuck do you play BGII on max difficulty? even on normal settings my party gets wiped pretty frequently. though I still don't know how to handle spell casters properly in this game. chaos / confusion / fear destroys me everytime
Easiest early-BG 2 approach is to gas them with Cloudlkill (wizard lvl 5 spell). It hits mages through all defenses an prevents them from casting in like 95% of cases.
There is also Death Fog on level 6 that has Acid damage (almost never resisted) and even better for the same thing.

Sodafish

Arcane
And if you find wands of cloudkill they can be sold to shops, then stolen back (swig some potions of master thievery first) and they will then have 99 charges. For when you really need to bust out the cheese.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom