Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive Inquisition Quest: Mysteries of Brocante

Baltika9

Arcane
Your slang was fairly alright there, pardner.
A, for now. I don't see a reason to start blasting yet. Just some hustlers trying to make a living.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
We got nothing out of them, except we consorted with criminals and looters, who might be carrying a taint to other places now. :rpgcodex: Should've just shot them at the first junction.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
We got nothing out of them, except we consorted with criminals and looters, who might be carrying a taint to other places now. :rpgcodex: Should've just shot them at the first junction.

Do I count that as a vote for shooting them, then?

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012

On the fence. It sounds smart to take them into quarantine, but we only got three people here, right? The looters outman us?

I mena, having some live guinea pigs sounds good, but if we're outmanned, we're better off gunning them down by surprise.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

On the fence. It sounds smart to take them into quarantine, but we only got three people here, right? The looters outman us?

I mena, having some live guinea pigs sounds good, but if we're outmanned, we're better off gunning them down by surprise.

There's 6 scavengers vs 3 agents. As far your character know, you outgun them since all three agents have ranged weapons, whereas the looters carry only melee weapons and don't seem to have any military training. Though you suspect there's a gun in the truck.

baud

Arcane
Patron
there are dispensaries and hospitals full of infected people (though you might not be able to use them as guinea pigs) and many dead bodies already. And you know the doctors at the hospital in Hubei have studied and experimented on infected, though you'll have to visit them to get their results.

Also no one in your trio has the skills to study the infected, either dead or alive, though you can get some samples and ask a doctor to give it a look.

baud

Arcane
Patron
okay, thanks for the votes. I'll start working on this (and drop what I had prepared for the fight).

Baltika9

Arcane
We were explicitly told to keep a low profile.

Thanks." Grabbing the papers, you ask "Any other information?"

"The convoy leaves at 11:00 at South Gate Station. You can choose two acolyte from those present here, except Herbert and Frank who have to follow up a lead in Oldtown. And Delos isn't well enough to move yet. Just don't forget that it's not a raid, it's an investigation. If all goes well and it's a false alert, you won't even have to use your precious gun."

"Hey, who do you think I am? It's not because I'm a crack shot with a gun that I can't do an investigation."

"Hear, hear, the new kid's putting on his big boy pants." interjects with a mocking tone Bruno, who had been following your discussion.

"We'll see. While you're there, see if you can recruit a long-term informant, at least to keep an eye on the situation?" continues Vince.

"What for? They're backcountry yokels of a backwater planet, they're not going to have anything informative to say." you answer with a scoff, needled by the mockeries of your senior colleagues.

"Whatever. Just don't forget you're carrying no Inquisitorial authority and that our presence on this planet isn't known to the public, so tread carefully. Contact us once you have something to report on."

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Give them the choice. Work for us as informants and general errand boys for the duration of our stay, while earning the goodwill of the Inquisit Investigation. Or die in ignominy, their corpses added to the pile in the center of town.

For means of control, well... we have a tech-adept. I'm sure he can rig something up for us :smug:

Gondolin

Arcane
Give them the choice. Work for us as informants and general errand boys for the duration of our stay, while earning the goodwill of the Inquisit Investigation. Or die in ignominy, their corpses added to the pile in the center of town.

For means of control, well... we have a tech-adept. I'm sure he can rig something up for us :smug:

I'm okay with turning them into informants.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
wait, what?

since we started off easy (unbecoming the inquisition, but what can you do), let them go and move on - you're all a bunch of flip-flopping surfer dudes, doesn't mean our guy has to be

next time: shoot first (cripple, don't kill), then ask questions, then kill them all

corona wants you, don't disappoint her ffs

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom