Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
, death animations will be automatically selected in correlation with the part of the body that will receive the death blow.

Welcome to 2008

Aemar

Arcane
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HEQNkaWrrM1_3zYrvV6J28Dl5KMzlMEZlNm-v9wiTDQ/edit

A full list of skills and their associated perks (Gamescom 2019).

LEVEL 260
Two Handed Mastery
(Personal) Every skill point after 200 grants you 0.2% speed increase and 0.5% damage increase.

Deflect Arrows
(Personal) You have a chance to block arrows with a two handed weapon.

For some reason I forgot to point out this perk in this previous post even though I had noticed it. So here it is now: apparently you will be able to get a chance at blocking arrows while using a 2H weapon.

deuxhero

Arcane
Aemar
The Gamescom pregens, fairly accomplished characters, had their highest skill at 150 (most were 100 or less). 260 is the capstone. I doubt you'll see player characters getting much use out of it.

Harthwain

Magister

Some concerns:
  • Commands for units seem to be rudimentary, compared to the previous game (could be because it's still a work-in-progress though).
  • Fight at the gate had the player character fighting with his overhead only as units were unnaturally tightly grouped. Seems like a minimum of spacing is required, for some proper combat.
  • Units' factional icons should scale better. Right now they're getting bigger when you're getting closer. Maybe give units faction-colored outlines instead? That won't eat 80% of the screen space in melee.
  • Looks like all enemies who attacked stormed the gate mindlessly. However, there were some who... stayed behind for some reason?

Vincente

Arbiter
Looks like all enemies who attacked stormed the gate mindlessly. However, there were some who... stayed behind for some reason?

AI path is not a thing in the map(its multiplayer locked, unlocked with a mod for sp) so they cant find a way around some obstacles like the trebuchet, in the 2016 Siege video your troops use multiple routes and siege machinery at the same time (ram, ladders, ballista and trebuchet).

Vincente

Arbiter
But why don't they use actual SP maps then? Not enough available yet? What's the benefit of using that specific MP map?

Because there is no SP as of yet, you can only play out battles with the Battlemod a Chinese modder made. Multiplayer closed beta had a Siege mode stress test and added Siege maps to the game, making it possible to use it with the said mod.

Aemar

Arcane
Aemar
The Gamescom pregens, fairly accomplished characters, had their highest skill at 150 (most were 100 or less). 260 is the capstone. I doubt you'll see player characters getting much use out of it.
It's still a weird feature to have in this game though, even if its usage and practicality will be limited. An odd decision to add something like this considering the rest of the combat features are fairly realistic.

Peachcurl

Cipher
Because there is no SP as of yet, you can only play out battles with the Battlemod a Chinese modder made. Multiplayer closed beta had a Siege mode stress test and added Siege maps to the game, making it possible to use it with the said mod.

Ah ok, thanks. Didn't really follow the beta stuff close enough I guess.

Beastro

Arcane
They finally announce a release date and of course my country becomes the third in the world for Coronavirus contagion.
I wonder why ?
washing-hands-source.jpg

WTF Dutchies, I expected more from you and to be near the top.

... and Portugal? B for surprising me.

deuxhero

Arcane
Dynamic death animations are already a thing in Warband (I remember a different reaction for a hit to the head), but holy shit, I thought the combat system will be basically copied from Warband. Judging by some of the linked dude's videos, it will be 90% Warband + some new things like changing stances, chaining attacks (probably inspired by a Warband mod, though in Bannerlord it makes your attacks faster) and a souls-like parry system (alongside normal blocking and chamber blocking), though it's not clear how a parry is different from a normal block (other than being timed). Given that the existing combat system was already fun and challenging, keeping it mostly the same and adding a few details like these is IMO the best possible outcome for Bannerlord.

Yeah, Bannerlord looks to be a straight improvement on Warband, as Warband was to classic. I just hope they don't snatch defeat from the jaws of victory by doing something stupid like Denuvo.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
https://www.taleworlds.com/en/News/321

Coronavirus Measures
Our primary concern as a company is the health and wellbeing of our employees, their families, and the wider community of which we are all a part. As such, we have taken the decision to close our offices and work remotely for the foreseeable future until the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic is brought under control.

We know that this decision may raise some concerns in regards to what that means for the release of Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, however, we want to make it clear that we have thoroughly planned for this eventuality and are confident that we will still meet our goal of releasing the game on 31/03/20.

We would like to thank you for your patience and understanding in these difficult times, and to remind you to take all of the necessary precautions outlined by the World Health Organisation to stay safe!

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public

Uh oh

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I mean yeah they probably already got the release locked in, but what about the updates after that? Crunch time is hard when everyone is working from home, they'll just be dicking around when there's no office whip behind their backs.

deuxhero

Arcane
Yeah, I suspect the game is mostly releasable and they're just cranking out bugfixes right now. I just hope it doesn't have Ruins of Myth Drannor tier bugs.

Aemar

Arcane
Been watching a lot of gameplay videos lately. The game seems pretty stable from what I can tell (MP at least).

deuxhero

Arcane
Aemar
Oh I'm sure the battles will be fine for the most part. It's the campaign map layer that we should worry about. Even after 10 years there's still some major bugs left in Warband's (Claimant quests fucking up if someone else kills the last of the original faction and hostile prisoners being prominent ones), and that was way less complex than Bannerlord

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom