Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community The Responsibility Of Citizens Of The RPG CODEX

Syl

Cipher
I'll just rehash my idea for Project Eternity in 2012:

Here's a simple idea for a codexian encounter: a high-level party located in the starting area.

They are totally overpowered for 1st level adventurers and the player will have to come back much later to defeat them. In short, the Codex party does not scale to your level.

Example of ingame explanation:
They could conquer the world if they wanted to, but are too busy fighting each other. The local community is afraid of their presence but anyone confronting them ends up dead. However, they pose little threat since they never leave their cave/building.

That's not a full-fledged quest, but it could be the starting point.

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I can say that the idea with quest reminiscent of Cleve's LA uprising is the most potent - as I see it of course.

Do you remember Clevelands written epic about his experiences during the LA uprisings where black rioters were on the hunt for whites? It's the best coverage of the event that I've ever read.
I would be very happy if we could make the Codex Cleve Cuest analogous to Cleve's experiences during that riot.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Do you guys really think they're going to allow something that equates the Rodney King riots to a demonic invasion in their game?
Even if they also think it's funny they'll never hear the end of it if people find out what it means.

Ninjerk

Arcane
We should probably just dump all the stuff that's happened in the last 2-3 years and then poll it. First things that come to mind are the MCA tea party and then disappearance as well as the cowardly assassinations of JarlFrank and sser

Codex Year of the Donut
A quest where you stumble upon a sealed off tomb to find out people have been living there for centuries. Their well is broken and you need to find a replacement part to fix it.
:positive:

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
We should probably just dump all the stuff that's happened in the last 2-3 years and then poll it. First things that come to mind are the MCA tea party and then disappearance as well as the cowardly assassinations of JarlFrank and sser

Lets say the player comes across a group of genius writers who have been exiled for political reasons by the powers that be and had to turn into adventurers in order to make a living, restore their reputation and/or meaning to their existence. We could put them all in there, including Cleve.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
The only thing that worry me is precise and exact conveyance of meaning.
While initial script was that that
One day the orcs of the village are corrupted by the demons and starts killing their human neighbours.
this actually distorts the analogy.
In LA riots we see blacks and other who attacked whites i.e. racism, so I suggest to do the other way - not the orcs were corrupted by the demons as it makes no sense, but on the contrary - orcs were "peaceful" because for example some powerful mage of liberal kind charmed them all to help them look like that mage's liberal dream - in LA rion it mean that while law and law enforcemet were on the streets, those blacks and other were "peaceful", but when they saw there is no law and only chaos, they suddenly became not so "peaceful".
Just a little detail to make more sense.

P.S. Judging by comments under this short story, this time Cleve actually lied. :)

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Cleve never lies. He just sometimes uses very flowery prose to convey the core message.

imo the key quote for the deeper understanding of The Writings of St. Cleve:

Those of you who think I have lied about any of this should know what I have done is exaggerate for effect in many places, like claiming that his apartment was waist-deep in dildos. That is simply not the truth, it is however so funny it conveys the truth.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I'll have to wait and see until the game is released properly. I saw something in the codex thread about Li Lura, was that it?

Oh, I thought you were talking about the first quest.

This one is early on.

9a7ByOb.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom