Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
My goodness, I totally forgot about this one! It seems like forever since there was movement towards release on this one.

geno

Savant
Don't they live in a wu flu hot zone?
They are both young, they got nothing to worry about.
792d4184e3daa3f3deca5840f0c5dba0_original.png

grimace

Arcane
Don't they live in a wu flu hot zone?
They are both young, they got nothing to worry about.
792d4184e3daa3f3deca5840f0c5dba0_original.png

I know that's an old photo but thoughts and prayers to Joe and Hannah and the Whalenought nonetheless.

https://www.indiegraze.com/2017/09/25/interview-copper-dreams-hannah-williams/

HW: Time! The clock is always racing against us. We’re only two people on the development side of things. We obviously don’t know everything and want to make sure we’re using best practices, so R&D is necessary, but tough to budget for when deadlines are looming. Living and working together at home and not having ‘weekends’ really makes the development process more of a lifestyle than just a job, sometimes we go outside and realize it’s been three days since we left the house. We’ve found that it’s important to take time off once in a while, even though it’s hard to justify with a paycheck still far away, but otherwise our brains get mushy and we don’t work efficiently. So we go for a hike on one of the nearby mountains or make some stabs at gardening.

We see plenty of crowdfunded games not allocate those funds well and have to cut or just stop development. It’s heartbreaking to read their final posts. There’s a lot of pressure there, and you feel like it could be you if you’re not careful. You adapt though, and the excitement of being able to work together all day every day overcomes the stress of financial insecurity.

Fortunately, working side by side all day does make workflow extremely flexible. We’re pretty familiar with each other, of course, so we don’t have to ask stupid questions and can understand how long things take or what would be best for certain pipelines. If Joe needs a new tool for exporting maps he’d want to do immediately, I take a few minutes whipping that up. That stuff saves hours. Or when I am about to start development on a new system or mechanic, Joe can quickly shift art gears toward that to get it up and running.

Working on new systems and mechanics together is a real treat, it’s a realtime hybrid of art and programming all at once and creating some fun stuff on screen. Plus, working without any office politics or dealing with employees is a treasure in and of itself. I think we’re slowly becoming unemployable as we’ve accustomed to this the past 5 years. We have some guys helping with the OST and voice work for Copper Dreams that worked on Serpent, and they know us well and are just terrific to work with. We also have some internal testers we’ve chatted with about a lot of the ideas that have been fleshed out into the final game for the ruleset and mechanics, and they’ve been very helpful, and very patient, as we take quarter-years to complete some overhauls.

Black Angel

Arcane
Indeed, I personally miss them changing the artstyle in the last minute and churn out 12378217312732138163786 new, different presentation in a span of 6 months worth of updates.

cb.spike

Educated
Posted on Kickstarter, 3 days ago.

Hey Guy, Petrell — We've been bunkering down and finishing up, sorry about the lack of updates until now. The beta will be mailed out this Saturday, with updates following next week. We mentioned this earlier but Hannah and I weren't completely happy with some of the visuals and gameplay from what we've release before, and we strive to be 100% happy with things. We've just recently caught up with necessary changes though, and injected a lot more clarity, grunge and Escape from New York into the visuals; it looks a lot more similar to what you originally backed but with the inclusion of all the sweet tech we've built since.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom