Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

"You are a farkin' disgarce. ALL OF YOU!"©Grimwulf. Battle Brothers Legends Mod

Darth Canoli

Arcane
By the way, anyone played Cultist with the legends mod ?

I figured it'd be better because you can camp after a sacrifice to avoid half the company quitting on the spot but seems like with this update, they don't get that upset when you sacrifice a non-cultist and even happy when you do (not that i tested it a lot, maybe sacrificing cultist was the right thing to do all along).

Still, here's the real question, sacrifice events are really scarce, got one around day 25 i think and nothing else but a couple of conversions afterward and i'm around day 80, i think.
Is it normal ? Broken ?

I know i said hobos but i was mostly thinking archers, direwolves (they're probably the worse threat at this point) and everything not wearing rags.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Kalin is gud. Like, for real. Lone wolf knight has much better armor and slightly better starting stats, because he starts one level higher than crusader, but crusader gets massive resolve boost, so we can safely ignore it at the start and his personal sword is much better suited for Kalin's early game activity of choice - naked peasant slaughter. It's basically mix of warbrand and greatsword - slightly lower overall damage and lower armor damage than greatsword but higher chance to score headshot and has cheap 4 ap basic single target attack.

Still can be killed by pretty much anything other than small peasant group. And even by peasants if they score some lucky hits.

oU2xQdn.png

uBJnlGU.png

hx79ZJq.png

And even his inventory situation is not that bad. Game just need time to do some calculations at the start of new run. 18 slots is much better than 5.

mFdHmsU.png

Not much happens in the first week. Kalin traveling the land and trying to find some job. People want him to kill some barbarians,

aQIs1Bx.png

unholds,

8E5LfU8.png

unholds again

qbZkpnu.png

witches

sfGdJYe.png

Basically everyone just wants him ded. So just picking fetch quests if we can and travel to next village. Had one chance to kill some bandits but soldiers finished them first

ma3NbFT.png

At last - first combat

cOU0Xwr.png

Just to show you how much Kalin had to walk at this point.

JmtPwn8.png

Peasants are charging

VTEvDo2.png

and dying

ihktsPt.png

8HUiQGc.png

and dying

wvEdjRF.png

and dying

JdCuYNh.png

s5Mlnv3.png

aaoObZ0.png

9BYSHCz.png

3PRi8eK.png

UaaUYtY.png

Our old friend almost got robbed again.

fxl0UCu.png

Now they want us to find old graveyard

716ALC3.png

Suddenly there is another client interested in same graveyard and he promises to pay us

tc43nZK.png

Graveyard is very easy to find

PhQgPj7.png

Art of Deal!

OOQIG6W.png

eZMvXu5.png

Kalin quickly takes another delivery job and flees

Vp30n6L.png

Another "find location" mission

PfArNnK.png

Even easier this time - just climbed the mountain and marked it

BEvdC9Y.png

Rich enough to do some basic trading

79KslXm.png

xyFUyIW.png

Another hobo killing mission

UOlKIXu.png

Lgu4eMM.png

DncFfeo.png

Our first raider. Tried to retreat to better position but stupid doggos are just too fast

vOQebZk.png

6BLQnM8.png

Well, at least i don't need to catch them

xzvIMPd.png

Kalin slaughters them but receives some hits too

15ux0SP.png

UxdR2lw.png

Had to crawl a bit after all to catch last bag of exp

HAbZSyY.png

AwkDRTJ.png

Gi0g4kg.png

qlNWTsI.png

Scored headshot on raider and got piece of decent armor for future recruit. Also some alcohol to celebrate. And actually saved womyn from bandits. She's really meh - just some refugee - so fired her in the morning.

xqSeIco.png

But first she was allowed to witness another level up. Now we can hire 4 additional fighters.

PR4GafJ.png

Yes, that's pretty much it - another victory for Kalin-chan, but he's wounded and his armor is dangerously broken. Now it is time to recruit some people to leech his battle exp and hard earned money to work in the camp while he drinks and rests in his tent.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
So, brawny so early ? isn't the crusader's armor fatigue-free ?

I'm a big composure fan (passive immunity to stun) and stalwart (can't be moved, rotation still works) for close combat 2H fighters because you can put them on top of a rock and fuck orcs/unholds/whatever shit the game throws at you.
They shall not pass!

Reinhardt

Arcane
This priest is strange one...

OAiane3.png

Well it explains why he joined Kalin

PIldRh4.png

Kalin's personal hell

jWsfaMl.png

Btw just look at his shiny new equipment right from the start! Just as Kalin promised -

As STRONGMAN ah did promise bonaz for evryone, an era of BONAZ

Reinhardt

Arcane
I'm too lazy to play right now(mainly because i have another much later and much better company save). And don't want to gib bonaz to Kalin. And don't want to burn out before expansion release.

And i'm actually can play gaems now just fine and enjoy it so main goal of this thread is accomplished anyway. Thank you all for helping me. Seriously - thank you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom