Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Turuko

Learned
I would be happy if this game came out this year because scandanavian dark souls sounds fun and I could kill for another good singleplayer game.
It's not a norse themed game though

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Amazon page says "This item will be released on December 31, 2020". It's either a leak or more likely just a placeholder. FS wouldn't let Bezos to announce the release date for them.

Btw IIRC Sekiro was up for pre order early Fall 2018, about 6 months before the launch.

Have From Software discussed how Elden Ring will be different from Dark Souls games? I mean they say it's open world, but so was DS1, kinda.

I hope the ratio of combat to exploration to dialogue changes. I would like to see less combat compared to DS series, more exploration, dialogue.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Have From Software discussed how Elden Ring will be different from Dark Souls games? I mean they say it's open world, but so was DS1, kinda.

I hope the ratio of combat to exploration to dialogue changes. I would like to see less combat compared to DS series, more exploration, dialogue.

The desire is understandable since the cryptic NPC interactions and largely environmental storytelling entices people to want to know more about the FromSoftware settings (what you can't have is more desirable), but be careful what you wish for. It only takes one badly written character or dialogue to ruin the spell and make the magic of FromSoftware games go away forever.

I get that, but as much as I liked DS1, it will still be below proper RPGs for me (ones with a more balanced mix of gameplay). The constant combat/die/combat/die cycle is just a bit much.

Go play Witcher 3 where every bum you meet will put you to sleep with his life story after you merely ask him for directions and leave gameplay focused games to non faggots, m'kay?

Last edited:

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh elden ring

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
Sorry fags, i cant be cynical about this; Skyrim with DS/sekiro combat sounds like a good game.

Well, hopefully its like that, and not like a ubisoft game

Momock

Augur
Sorry fags, i cant be cynical about this; Skyrim with DS/sekiro combat sounds like a good game.

Well, hopefully its like that, and not like a ubisoft game
Yeaaah... no thanks either way.

I hope it will be more like Ocarina Souls.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Having the maps be less linear is what I'm hoping for the most, personally. That and the equipment actually being noteworthy instead of 30 variations of 'it's a sword that looks slightly different that isn't worth using because you'd have to upgrade it'.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Amazon page says "This item will be released on December 31, 2020". It's either a leak or more likely just a placeholder. FS wouldn't let Bezos to announce the release date for them.

Btw IIRC Sekiro was up for pre order early Fall 2018, about 6 months before the launch.

Gee, the recurring December 31 date. What could that possibly mean?

It means an Autumn 2020 release with the inevitable Spring 2021 delay.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected

why not hire Todd howard too, or the poland sjws of twatcher.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/504718641

>8 kingdoms, plus a final boss area
>kingdoms are huge and sprawling, bigger than any Dark Souls 3 or Bloodborne levels
>Pray sanctuary’s are the new bonfires, one in each kingdom, then you’ll have to rely on shortcuts for progression
>bosses in kingdoms have multiple phases and will test even the most veteran of Dark Souls/Bloodborne/Sekiro characters
>Kingdoms will have mini bosses
>the “field” as they call it, is the hub world, it’s the only place you can ride your mount
>I say mount because you start with a horse but secrets and unlockables will allow you to have wolf mounts, bear mounts, tiger mounts, and apparently there will be more unique original mount designs
>power stances are back, switch weapons are back.
>leveling up is like dark souls but more layered
>there is also a talent tree
>pvp only in kingdoms, NOT in the “field”
>the field will have “mini” bosses, which are basically like bosses from Dark Souls 1+2
>the best way I can describe the field is like Twilight Princess; broken up segments that lead to new areas
>everything is seamlessly open world just as all previous From titles
>mount combat is just like you’d imagine; dark souls combat on horse back
>there are bosses that require you to use hour mount
>there is a jump mechanic but it’s not like Sekiro, imagine a jump mechanic in Dark Souls, heavy and clunky, but can be used for puzzles and ledges
>no towns or villages, only wondering NPCs that sell you stuff
>the people you encounter will provide side quests and they’re all on a similar journey as you
>as of now there are 5 endings
>there are many many combinations of the main quest, you can betray or befriend npcs and depending on your choice will eventually conclude in your journey
> there is a version of trusty patches in this game
>create a character is back and depending on the class you pick you will spawn in that classes kingdom
>each class has its own unique covenant you’re linked too
>covenants aren’t so limited and restricted as DS3 but they still have it’s exclusives
>there is a ranking system for pvp
>limbs are obtained acquired from kingdom boss battles and once you obtain them you can take them to the eleven queen and she will give you a unique ability that will greatly assist you
>kingdoms can be tackled in any order, although some kingdoms will have higher level enemies that will be punishing for lower levels, these more advanced kingdoms will drop very high quality items
>The expert speed runners will most likely be able to tackle the higher level kingdoms with ease
>the currency in this game is limbs. You will harvest every limb of every enemy, instead of (for example, 250 souls for every enemy you kill) you will get 1 limb for every enemy you kill.. only kingdom boss limbs truly special in value
>the “field” in this game feels truly special.. for example. you will wonder it , discover a puzzle, solve it, it will reveal a passage into a deep dark mine, you’ll follow it, maybe you’ll need to ignite a torch, you follow it and wonder “where am I even going” and finally it will reveal a sprawling cavern ready to be explored
>the field will have many side areas to explore, and like I said, many side bosses
>some kingdoms will require you to trek thru swamps, fields, caverns, and mountains to even get to
>the best way I can describe this is by pic related. It’s what we all wanted Breath of the Wild to be but it wasn’t.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom