Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

Mortmal

Arcane
These Ceres guys are really not into this 'regular updates thing' now, are they?
Join the discord, they can answer your questions. It's always a good thing to put a little pressure on them too.

User0001

Savant
I WANT COMBAT DEMO

d788709c0b929c3c511212b78ed1085aa4e468b9.gifv

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
KS work differently, backers made an investment and a curious about how the the thing that gave their money for in advance is coming along. Regular updates should be a matter of course. If you just stop informing people after you asked them for their dough it feels like you don't give a fuck after you got what you wanted.

If they work hard to deliver a great game, it means they give a fuck.

Way more than the morons updating their twitter account every other day while doing nothing or turning the game into something else the backers didn't vouch for.

We'll judge on delivery day but i prefer this method.

Because we know that they are working on the game when they are not updating anything right?

I am pretty sure lot of KS projects that went radio silence in KS Update are all working hard and all of them are released as good games!!

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
KS work differently, backers made an investment and a curious about how the the thing that gave their money for in advance is coming along. Regular updates should be a matter of course. If you just stop informing people after you asked them for their dough it feels like you don't give a fuck after you got what you wanted.

If they work hard to deliver a great game, it means they give a fuck.

Way more than the morons updating their twitter account every other day while doing nothing or turning the game into something else the backers didn't vouch for.

We'll judge on delivery day but i prefer this method.

Because we know that they are working on the game when they are not updating anything right?

I am pretty sure lot of KS projects that went radio silence in KS Update are all working hard and all of them are released as good games!!
This game is going to be released because my life depends on it and I don't want to die

BarbequeMasta

Learned
Will Realms Beyond feature multiclassing?

EDIT: Okay nvm

We will have prestige classes but not multi-classing. You can create your party with up to 6 members
What's the point? Why would you ignore multiclassing in a 3.x videogame? It can't be for balance reasons and I can't think about anything else.
Am not happy about it either, but if I had to guess maybe not enough ressources? only thing I could think off since the devs don't strike me as the kind to dumb the game down on purpose.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
NJClaw Here is the full response

We will have prestige classes but not multi-classing. You can create your party with up to 6 members (covering 9 different classes) and multi-classing would be just too much extra development effort to implement.

We are big fans of 3.5e (and of games such as ToEE and Knights of the Chalice) and until recent, the 5th edition hasn't offered a Open Game License.
https://www.realms-beyond.com/forum/index.php?topic=109.0

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I can believe the "lack of resources/too much effort" reason only if they designed their project in a very bad way and implemented it even worse. Last year I developed just for fun a 3.x combat system engine and implementing multiclassing came almost free thanks to how I handled class levels.

I can't imagine how they could design their system in a way that adding multiclassing would require more than 10 man-hours.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Yeah, it's possible that they fucked up something early in development. To be honest, it sounds kind of stupid that prestige classes are in, but multiclassing isn't. That sucks, I had high hoped for this.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I can believe the "lack of resources/too much effort" reason only if they designed their project in a very bad way and implemented it even worse. Last year I developed just for fun a 3.x combat system engine and implementing multiclassing came almost free thanks to how I handled class levels.

I can't imagine how they could design their system in a way that adding multiclassing would require more than 10 man-hours.

BG3 brought to you by KotC

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'm no coder but can someone explain why 3.5 multiclassing would be taxing to implement? Given that multiclassing in 3.5 doesn't really use its own system but is basically just adding a level from another class it seems like it shouldn't be an issue at all

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm assuming balance issues with the content of the game? I'm not an expert.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom