Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Elex

Arbiter
Choose:
One evil alien green woman.
One fat pink hair human genderfluid “female”.

the green alien is the lesser evil.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeap, Shadowheart is pretty cute.

As for how memorable BGs characters were, you have more freedom when you are working with 2D portraits, you can add motifs that represent the character, specific gestures like with Edwin or Xan, color scheme, sound bites also help a lot, etc. It's more difficult when you have to represent them like actual people in 3D.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
3180179326_77ec5fb02d.jpg

Make portraits great again

Generic-Giant-Spider

Imagine looking at Shadowheart and the Githyanki and seriously saying, "Yeah I want the noseless one."

jackofshadows

Magister
For some reason they have changed key art on Steam.

Before:

FQku8AF.jpg

After:

ELWf0a8.jpg

That Warlock guy who was not shown at the PAX demo is removed. They said he will be available at EA.
thinking.png
I wonder why they're exposing companions like that in the first place? I'm aware they did exactly that with DOS2 but... why? Is it really that attractive from marketing perspective? Besides, now we have rather nasty gith as a fucking frontman and they all are killable/replaceable anyway. Wouldn't be better to have just the city behind the logo instead? Or even something darker like they did it in some promo material
LLH1BPJ.png
Or maybe some illithid(s), since they was in the first cinematic trailer and presumably represent the main threat in the game. I mean, Larian are talking all the time about how grim the game will be in compare to DOS series, why not show this in the store page upfront?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
They expose companions like that because they want to shove in our face that we are getting only 5 of them, even less than fucking SIEGE OF DRAGONSPEAR. They hate us, they despise us and want us to acknowledge it

Rostere

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Viconia's was the only improvement IMO. Edwin looks goofy, Minsc looks uglier than he did in BG1, Imoen looks too childish, and Jaheira looks like a fish.

Jaheira's portrait was the only true decline from BG1, portrait-wise.

BarbequeMasta

Learned

Generic-Giant-Spider

To be honest the Githyanki looks like she's going to be annoying. I know she'll be that stupid, "badass rogue girl" type who makes sarcastic quips and challenges your authority all the time and usually would be able to get away with it because she'd be a looker except here she's not a looker at all. At least Viconia had the GOODS so she could call me a piece of phallic trash and it'd be like, "endure this and you get to smash her." With the Githyanki? The hook doesn't exist. She'll be a little mouthy bitch that you'll want to put a Bag of Holding over the head of while you're banging.

Now, Shadowheart, that's a woman you can be proud of. I bet she has a perfect hourglass figure under that armor. Or a huge hermaphrodite cock. Shit. She's going to be a hermaphrodite isn't she?

Generic-Giant-Spider

What if Shadowheart is like, "Oh Generic Giant Spider, I'm so scared, I don't know what to do... the Illithid are coming and there's dragons and... and... make love to me. Please. I need the embrace of a man tonight." But, while sharpening my battle axe I'm all like, "No, we mustn't... well okay maybe a little bit." Then the morning after she covers her chest with the blanket all modestly like a proper woman of great repute should (regardless if you've seen her fully nude or not) while I prepare my exit and she pleads me to stay and I turn back to coolly state, "Sorry doll, gotta go throw my boots at some kobolds for a side quest."

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
What if Shadowheart is like, "Oh Generic Giant Spider, I'm so scared, I don't know what to do... the Illithid are coming and there's dragons and... and... make love to me. Please. I need the embrace of a man tonight." But, while sharpening my battle axe I'm all like, "No, we mustn't... well okay maybe a little bit." Then the morning after she covers her chest with the blanket all modestly like a proper woman of great repute should (regardless if you've seen her fully nude or not) while I prepare my exit and she pleads me to stay and I turn back to coolly state, "Sorry doll, gotta go throw my boots at some kobolds for a side quest."
Please write more bg fanfic, I'm into it

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom