Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which RPGs are gonna get canceled over the devs getting "vaccinated" and dying?

Generic-Giant-Spider

I'm sending care packages to Russia that can only be located via a complicated network of number stations and cold drops so that Owlcat will not only live, but exceed their mortal coil and become ascended supermutants if these recipes are to be believed.

ef576244565293ff7e88d441242c2bcd.jpg

The work must continue.

Ysaye

Arbiter
Doomed:
Richard Garriott
Brian Fargo
Feargus Urquhart
Tim Cain
Peter Molyneux

Survivors:
MCA
Cleve

I don't know, Queensland is doing pretty badly in comparison to most of the rest of Australia atm - they are ahead of Victoria which has a greater population....

buffalo bill

Arcane
Doomed:
Richard Garriott
Brian Fargo
Feargus Urquhart
Tim Cain
Peter Molyneux

Survivors:
MCA
Cleve
I don't know, Queensland is doing pretty badly in comparison to most of the rest of Australia atm - they are ahead of Victoria which has a greater population....

My list is based on perceived robustness and nothing else.

Also, coincidentally, all the doomed devs sold their souls at one point or another.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Was there ever an italian game btw?

Except the sneaky german government hid the fact they had the first European Corona subjects and infected northern Italy.

Also, German population is among the oldest ones in Europe, even the oldest one, i believe.
So, any German game in preparation ?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Don't be such a morbid prick, Jarl, you're better than that.

This thread was more born out of genuine worry than morbid memery, because I really fear some devs might get hit, including people I worked with in the past.

I have mentally prepared myself for maybe 50% of people I know dying - friends, colleagues, online contacts. It's probably not gonna be that bad, but I won't be shocked if it happens. I'm expecting the worst.

I even jokingly suggested to my ex-girlfriend that we should have sex again if we both survive coronavirus, which she enthusiastically agreed to. But I'm really not sure that she will - she keeps going out because she doesn't take the virus seriously enough.

Everyone should be on full lockdown now. No leaving the house unless absolutely necessary (buying groceries if your supply at home is fully gone). All companies should implement home office rules for their employees if possible and everything else should shut down for the time being. But that's not happening. People still go out as if this isn't a big deal. And the death rate in countries hit the hardest - like Italy - is steadily rising.

I genuinely fear for people I care about, and for artists I care about - game devs, musicians, writers etc.

:negative:

overly excitable young man

Was there ever an italian game btw?

Except the sneaky german government hid the fact they had the first European Corona subjects and infected northern Italy.

Also, German population is among the oldest ones in Europe, even the oldest one, i believe.
So, any German game in preparation ?
Realms Beyond, ELEX 2 and i'm sure Overhype is working on something.

The most likely projects to be doomed are one man dev ones.
  • Jeff Vogel, Geneforge Remake
  • Pierre Begue, Knights of the Chalice 2
  • Styg, Underrail Standalone Expansion
On the other hand...
  • Dying light 2
  • Colony Ship, If VD carks it, but you know he's got measures to protect himself as its in the name.

Also corona virus cannot cancel... The Tangut Prophecy

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Argh, KotC 2 and Realms Beyond, we're fucked, the virus was probably engineered by microsoft to eliminate every single competitor.

Decline is upon us!

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I even jokingly suggested to my ex-girlfriend that we should have sex again if we both survive coronavirus, which she enthusiastically agreed to. But I'm really not sure that she will - she keeps going out because she doesn't take the virus seriously enough.

No time to wait, while everyone is on lockdown, go and have sex
get a footjob
with your ex before it's too late!

daveyd

Savant

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

This thread was more born out of genuine worry than morbid memery, because I really fear some devs might get hit, including people I worked with in the past.

I have mentally prepared myself for maybe 50% of people I know dying - friends, colleagues, online contacts. It's probably not gonna be that bad, but I won't be shocked if it happens. I'm expecting the worst.

Everyone should be on full lockdown now. No leaving the house unless absolutely necessary (buying groceries if your supply at home is fully gone). All companies should implement home office rules for their employees if possible and everything else should shut down for the time being. But that's not happening. People still go out as if this isn't a big deal. And the death rate in countries hit the hardest - like Italy - is steadily rising.

I genuinely fear for people I care about, and for artists I care about - game devs, musicians, writers etc.

LoL you went full on panic whore mate :). If you are not an old,then you will be fine lol. As for the devs,well yeah,most of them are old fat fags,decent amount of them could kick the bucket. Anyway kudos to your chick not letting the flu fuck up her life.

Comte

Realms Beyond, Knights of the chalice 2, copper dreams, unknown realms, and Pillars or Eternity 3.

overly excitable young man

1. Isn't there like a thread in GD already? Why the need to shit in here?

2. LOL! You fucking homo! Kill yourself before the evil virus gets you!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom