Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Aeolwyn’s Legacy - blobber from MM6-7 level designer Tim Lang

Citizen

e54bf8_76753393e44f4103a9fc3a008fc05ec2~mv2.png

Who would have thought that 3d games can actually look nice, if they are not littered with bloom, blur and chromatic abberation?

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Couldn't even be bothered to deactivate the UI for the cinematic feeling.

I see that a lot of work went into this.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
That trailer is something lol. It feels like me getting drunk and making a film while voicing all the parts,buahahahahaha,i fucking love it,it is gold!

Luzur

Good Sir
So, did this game die? webpage is dead and no further news about anything

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Last Google snapshot of brrapgames.com is from April 13th.

Aha: https://www.dungeonbyte.com/

https://www.dungeonbyte.com/post/brapp-games-is-changing-our-name

Brapp Games is changing our name!
e54bf8_c19298acc80d4b8b86d09f57772c3d7e~mv2.webp

Brrapp had a good run, but we felt that it was time to move on. After many months of identity soul-searching and name suggestions, Brrapp has now become DungeonByte Softworks!

e54bf8_6b232745d2294fef8b9c48b1bb6397a1~mv2.webp

We're the same old bunch of fans making the same fun games you've come to expect from Brrapp. The only thing that's different is our name.

Over the next few weeks, we'll be changing our branding, starting with the website and moving on to all our social media

Why did we change our name? It's a complicated story. Originally, Brrapp was a silly word that represented a fun, goofy identity. Nowadays the word has become associated with motorcycles and guns, two things that we may enjoy, but two things that don't represent what Brrapp Games was about (namely Old-School video game fun). We've kept Billy, the Brrapp Buddy as part of our logo. Hopefully his familiary, happy face will help keep you company during these tumultuous times!

Luzur

Good Sir
https://www.dungeonbyte.com/post/new-demo-build-today

New demo build today!
e54bf8_f2b121265f8f4e5eb9ec53fc1d2310b1~mv2.webp

Posted a new build of the demo today. Here's a few of the changes:
  • Upgraded to the newest version of Unity

• Added a quickstart party

• Added the ability to drop and pickup inventory items

• Added a new explosive potion that, in some instances can explode walls and injure monsters (and you too!)

• Different treasure chests are now sorted by treasure level

• Some UI tweaks

• Clicking on character portrait or pressing 1-4 now opens that character's inventory screen

• Added world map trackers to minimap in anticipation of removing compass

• various bug fixes and internal housekeeping items
Also have been toying with the idea of renaming the company! still collecting names, so if you have any suggestions, feel free to message us!

last game update i presume

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.dungeonbyte.com/post/another-aeolwyn-s-legacy-update

Another Aeolwyn's Legacy update
e54bf8_f2b121265f8f4e5eb9ec53fc1d2310b1~mv2.webp

It's been a while since our last update, so I thought I'd let you know a few things that are happening!

There's a new build of the demo up that fixes some bugs. It will probably be the last of the demo build for a while as I'm building out the world terrain for Chapter One! Here's a preview video: (don't mind getting stuck on the roof of the tavern!

There's some pretty exciting stuff about the new world map. Firstly, it's huge. the full size is 16km x 8km. Secondly, it will be a seamless world. You'll be able to walk from one end of the world to the other without a single level load (though you may get a hiccup once in a while). I didn't think I was going to be able to support that, but I've got some tech from Procedural Worlds that's working great.

You won't be able to hike the world from the get-go because there won't be anything there yet! I'm focusing on the Tambryne area first, which includes the demo town of Ableton, the farming (or fishing) village of Graslan, the fort at Cape Bryne, and the region's capital city of Tambryne. There will also be some procedurally generated villages with side quests just as soon as I figure out how to get that working.

You might notice in the demo that the portraits are weird. I've been experimenting with 3D character portraits, but have been running into some difficulty that I'm still working out. I haven't fixed it so you can see the difference between the 2D and 3D portraits. If you've got an opinion, let me know!

Another bit of news is that I moved the location of the demo build from Amazon's AWS to itch.io. Mainly because it's free for me to host (unlike AWS), and I can now accept donations for the project. Eventually I'll start to charge a small amount for it as it gets closer to the beta for Chapter 1. After that, I have plans to put it on Steam Early Access, but it probably won't be leaving itch.io.

Here's the link: https://dungeonbyte.itch.io/aeolwyns-legacy

And as always, if you haven't headed over to Discord, that's where we do most of our development chant these days!

Some good stuff happening!

Toodles for now!

https://www.dungeonbyte.com/post/tim-joins-sibernethy-on-twitch

Tim joins Sibernethy on Twitch!
e54bf8_9516d3d0317544e9861ba4201068b6c0~mv2.webp

Tim has been graciously invited by Sibernethy to join him on twitch as he plays Might and Magic VI, one of Tim's first games.

Come join us on Friday, June 19 at 7PM Eastern/4PM Pacific to listen to Tim try to remember what the game was all about. It should be a good time!

When the time comes, all the cool people will be at Sibernethy's Twitch!

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Has anyone given the demo a go? I wouldn't mind even a somewhat lukewarm MM6-8 clone. This just looks quite janky.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom