Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 3 Fig Update #37: Backer Beta Released, Previews and Interviews

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Brian Fargo; David Rogers; inXile Entertainment; Jeremy Kopman; Tim Campbell; Wasteland 3

As promised, the Wasteland 3 backer beta went live today. inXile announced the news with a brief Fig update:

The Wasteland Backer Beta is now live on Steam! To those of you who backed the game at the Early Bird ($25) or higher tier, you'll have received an invite to claim your Beta key from CrowdOx (be sure to check your spam!). For more information on the Beta, how to play, and how to give us feedback, we highly recommend checking out our last Backer Beta Fig Update.

The Beta offers a look at the first few hours of the Wasteland 3 experience, from the game's opening cinematic, through creating your characters and establishing a base, to your first steps into the deep and reactive narrative of a post-apocalyptic Colorado.

If you're not in the Beta we highly recommend checking out press coverage from around the web, as well as livestreams on Mixer and Twitch. In fact, we're going to be joining Mixer on the official Xbox channel at 1pm PDT later today, March 17! Join our devs as they join a casual stream and answer your questions.

Thank you to all the backers to which this quite literally would not have been possible. Thank you for your patronage and passion, and we look forward to finishing the game and getting it in your hands.
There is indeed a good amount of press coverage. Journalists seem to be impressed by the game's exceptionally brutal opening sequence, in which the Ranger convoy to Colorado is ambushed by a bloodthirsty cannibal clan. The previews also include details about the skill and perk systems, which weren't available in last year's alpha build. Here's a list of them:

The Wasteland 3 backer beta is available to all backers, so there won't be any shortage of gameplay footage on YouTube. In addition to today's livestream on the Xbox Twitch channel, there will also be a talk about the game tomorrow at Microsoft's Game Stack Live developer conference.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This guy played the first hour.

Seems like you need to start with 2 characters. The premade options include a man + woman who seem to be lovers/rivals/adrenaline junkies, two punk rock lovers who escaped a cult to join the Ranger, a father-daughter combo where the father is totally mute since his wife died and is a killing machine and his daughter who is their diplomat.

2 starting characters reminds me of D:OS. I feel like there's going to be a lot of that.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
IIRC at one point they were talking about starting you off with just one (and then you'd create more Rangers later on).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Of course there are companion NPCs. They met one of them right at the beginning in the livestream.

SenisterDenister

Educated
ykUnJy5.jpg

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Well, doesn't look too bad. I kinda liked the second one, though it's hard to muster enthusiasm for this one for some reason.

Maybe a part of it is getting burned by the last two inXile releases - BT4 and Numenera.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I honestly liked wasteland 2, but then again it came out in a time where new is crpg is very very rare. No aod, no underrail, no expeditions, or even before pillars and divinity.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom