Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh my, there are still Win 7 holdouts? Are you guys really that poor? Cannot afford a key?
It's not about the money for them. ITS DEH PRIVACI!

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Oh my, there are still Win 7 holdouts? Are you guys really that poor? Cannot afford a key?
It's not about the money for them. ITS DEH PRIVACI!

Or you know, just comfort. don't fix what aint broken. Windows 7 works FLAWLESSLY in just about any game i've played, meanwhile, alot of win10 fags have trouble with optimization, graphics etc. in alot of games.

also laziness.

Win10 is basically the equivalent of consoles

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm happy with win7 for now. When I feel like it is restricting me, I will move to win10. Worth noting; I don't play many AAA games on PC anymore.

Lemming42

Arcane
I've still got Windows 7 (64 bit). Not for any ideological opposition to Windows 10 or anything, I just never bothered to upgrade. Hope the release version is Win 7 compatible or Fargo will pay.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Huh, the Game Stack Live talk hasn't started yet but they uploaded this:

Design, playtest, iterate, repeat. And repeat. And repeat. This is the beat that drives inXile. Learn how this rhythm pushed the Wasteland series to its most-perfected combat system yet in Wasteland 3.

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
No. I just start it from Steam as any other game. The only problem that I have is that sometimes my mouse stops working. The game just doesn't react to it, the keyboard still works though. The only way to solve it is to restart the game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Heh the last few minutes of this will make grognards angry. It was a decent panel though, the host asked good questions.

Last edited:

4too

Arcane
Surprised

Border line on low end of PC spec’s. Win 10, i5 2400 3.1, 8 gig ram, 2 gig Nvidia GT630, SSHD.

So it’s Steam or nothing. ;) Resurrected / Transferred old Steam account and downloaded Beta.

Played some as was installed.

Movie part ok.

Character set up ok, point and click seemed normal.
Not a struggle. No pushing the pointer or missing the highlight.

Video in game was challenged, and I tripped over the first fight. Ranger level.
Lived another day because I put 2 points in main weapon and hunkered down after shots.

Detail good enough, even with all the busy ranging graphics flicking about.
One time a spider web of possible trajectories then a ray tracing glory.

Will see what I can turn off, to calm it down, as my eyes adjust to the stuttering simulation.

4too

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I played a little bit. From what little I did play, it's a prettier, more edgy Wasteland 2. You only play with two characters in the demo (so far). I made a combat focused dude (assault rifles), with first aid and a handy chick, with a shotgun. If you don't want to make your own character, there are a few pairs of rangers to choose from. I don't know why would want to do that, though. There's full cover, half cover, breakable objects, and explosive barrels. Assault rifle seemed good enough as a long ranged option, and shotgun felt better than W2. But you have to get close up and personal. There's flanking to take advantage of, or get screwed over by.
In the demo, they showed an example of how you can use your skill to turn a robot against your enemy. There's some other times where you get to use skills. None of that stupid shit from W2, where you had to wait 5 billion years for the skill to be used. There's no percentage chance, from what I gathered. Either you can succeed or your skill isn't high enough. There was a mine I detected with perception, but couldn't disarm. It couldn't be shot, but a frag grenade did the trick. It earned me a better AR, but my points in AR skill wasn't high enough, so I couldn't use it.

Writing is Wasteland 2 tier, but with more edge. Soundtrack did its work. Graphically, you will definitely feel that Pyke had something to do with the game, especially if you have played STASIS or CAYNE. The lighting and effects give me vibes of those games. Performance wise, I thought that it would be ass, but it's running well enough for me. With mixed settings. Most of the settings set to high, with some exceptions.
The game looks good enough, has a better presentation than W3. My gut feeling tells me this will be a game that I will like, but not consider a classic.

If there's anything you want to ask, don't hesitate to do so. I'll do my best to answer.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Stream is over, here's the Wasteland 3 segment:

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Just bought win10 for 4 euro.. now to install..

Damn you Fargo

Inb4 Windows 10 wasn't the actual problem.

At any rate, it's not something I want to spend time examining and testing, because it could take endless time which I don't have.

I wanna PLAY NAO and post my impressions for you guys to rate with butthurt and anger

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom