Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Difference between Baldur's Gate & Enhanced Edition?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Do the EE fix any of the pathfinding issues of the originals?

They seem to add to them, I.E.. characters getting stuck on top of each other. Don't remember that happening in the originals.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Use whatever excuse you want to justify not being able to make up a coherent argument to justify your blind hatred of something that is literally a UI and graphics overhaul.

That's why i had to install mods to fix the UI and i had to turn off all their "graphic" additions, like sprite outlines or that stupid filter that makes all the sprites blurry.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Before BG’s were combined with EE, they were $20 in total, but thanks to Beamdog you are now forced to pay double for games you don’t even want.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Playing the original IE games now - starting with PST. Everytime (ever other year after release) I try a powergaming run of the EE's and run into a game stopping bug. I think my last try was V1.5 of BG2 and I had the Imoen dream sequence bug that prevented me from continuing the game.

The only redeeming feature of the EE's was the introduction of ranged, 2-handed, and two weapon quick slots combined to characters. But I managed to download a mod before it disapeared from SHS (maybe I just can't find it) that introduced an https://www.autohotkey.com/ script that allowed almost instantaneous weapon switching. I haven't tried it yet, but will update if I get it going after I've played PST.

The list of irritating shit they did to the EE was also too long to mention. One minor thing that really bugged me was the way your characters pushed others out of the way. So if you had a web spell, or you memorized the diameter of a fireball, your shield character standing just outside it's radius would get pushed into it by the two-hander behind.

But that's like complaining about flies on your shit sandwich regarding the EE's.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
If they had an ounce of integrity they would have left the original versions as stand alone products. Of course no on in their right mind would pay ridiculous 22 bucks for the hack job that they did that modders did better anyway, for free I might add.

I was responding to "deleted them from existence," which they actively did not do. Worst case, they increased the price (I think they were $10 base on GOG before, now $20). However they've been in deep sales so many times at this point, I don't think that is still an issue.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom