Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
There are some nice Bastard Swords, but the ones I remember seem to be only available at a fairly late stage in the game (Ravena's Kiss and Unstoppable Khanda can be acquired in Act 5).
>the ones I remember seem to be only available at a fairly late stage in the game
Oh yeah. That is true. But I do know if you get your artisans set up early enough, you'd get some good gear. I know Desiderius was able to do that.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Out of curiosity, what do you guys think are the best weapon types to specialize in (based on the weapons that can be found in the main campaign) ?

Heavy Mace seems pretty good. Halfway through Act 2, you get the Mallet of Woe, a +3 weapon that grants permanent Freedom of Movement, which is really nice. And in Act 5, you'll find two +5 Heavy Maces with interesting effects (especially Sovereign, as it can greatly boost your attack rolls, AC and saving throws during fights versus multiple opponents).

There seems to a be a lot of good dueling sword, but I never got to use them.
I don't know if it's complete, but here is the list of weapons you can find in the game. There are a lot of composite longbows and heay maces. There is also a surprising amount of greataxes.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Out of curiosity, what do you guys think are the best weapon types to specialize in (based on the weapons that can be found in the main campaign) ?

Heavy Mace seems pretty good. Halfway through Act 2, you get the Mallet of Woe, a +3 weapon that grants permanent Freedom of Movement, which is really nice. And in Act 5, you'll find two +5 Heavy Maces with interesting effects (especially Sovereign, as it can greatly boost your attack rolls, AC and saving throws during fights versus multiple opponents).

I don't know if it's complete, but here is the list of weapons you can find in the game. There are a lot of composite longbows and heay maces. There is also a surprising amount of greataxes.
Sadly, that list misses a couple of stuff. Ring of the Unmaker. A ring that allows you to dispel magic upon each successful unarmed strike. Not on the list. Still, good list though.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I love Kingmaker, but Jesus Christ it knows how to be infuriating. Companions you leave behind are unable to rest. What the actual fuck. I go on a trip for more than 40 hours and these fuckers can't find 8 hours to rest? Apparently, nobody is authorized to sleep without me.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I love Kingmaker, but Jesus Christ it knows how to be infuriating. Companions you leave behind are unable to rest. What the actual fuck. I go on a trip for more than 40 hours and these fuckers can't find 8 hours to rest? Apparently, nobody is authorized to sleep without me.
>Apparently, nobody is authorized to sleep without me.
You're the king, my highness. Unless ordered otherwise Valerie will forever stand guard. The woman is a damned tank, I tell you what.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
There are some nice Bastard Swords, but the ones I remember seem to be only available at a fairly late stage in the game (Ravena's Kiss and Unstoppable Khanda can be acquired in Act 5).

My Valerie has been using a flaming bastard sword +1 for like 5 levels now. Haven't found anything better since. Same for my knife master and the mother's kukris, Harrim and mace of woe I think. New weapons seem to be a rare event in this game, which I'm fine with. Was never a big loot guy.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron

My Valerie has been using a flaming bastard sword +1 for like 5 levels now. Haven't found anything better since. Same for my knife master and the mother's kukris, Harrim and mace of woe I think. New weapons seem to be a rare event in this game, which I'm fine with. Was never a big loot guy.
>My Valerie has been using a flaming bastard sword +1 for like 5 levels now.
For what's worth, you'll come across more loot. Just hang in there, lol.

Doktor Best

Arcane
So whats the recommended level for tenebrous depths? I handled the first floor quite well with my lvl 6 party but the first room of the second floor has some weretigers which are pretty much ripping everyones dick off in a matter of seconds.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
So whats the recommended level for tenebrous depths? I handled the first floor quite well with my lvl 6 party but the first room of the second floor has some weretigers which are pretty much ripping everyones dick off in a matter of seconds.
There is no recommended levels. The depths are a huge spike in difficulty for the main campaign. If you're having issues, it's best to leave and come back later. I usually try to pace myself based on where I am in the chapters. If I finish a chapter. I go explore the depths with my party. If I am having a hard time. I leave the depths and move to the next chapter, then come back to the depths later.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

They can be tough. What is their weak save?

Desiderius

Patron

Don't specialize unless you have to. You never know what an artisan might show up with. There's pretty full itemization at this point, so you won't be missing out unles you need a specific non-artisan weapon for a build.

Desiderius

Patron
Don't specialize unless you have to.

I only did it because I wanted to try Dazzling Display with Valerie and you need Weapon Focus for that.

Val already burned a feat on Bastard Proficiency so might as well with her. That's what I mean by having to, though don't be shy about using best available even with Bastard Focus until a good one comes along. It's only +1.

Erebus

Arcane
Is "First World Connection" bugged ? It's supposed to resurrect the PC once per day if he or she gets killed in the First World, but I haven't seen it work a single time.

EDIT : I'm getting trounced in the last fight. On my first attempt, I managed to reach the third wave... in which it took approximately 10 seconds for the big bad boss to shoot my PC to death. I've made at least 4 or 5 more attempts, and my PC always ends up dying during the first or the second wave, usually because she failed a saving throw and got killed by Weird or by that multi-target Disintegrate spell that's one of the many bullshit abilities of the big bad boss.

I'm going to make a few more attempts, but in all likelihood, I'll have to lower the difficulty to Challenging. If you could save between each wave, I'd probably find the patience to complete the game on Hard. But it's not possible and I honestly want to be done with the whole thing. Act 6 isn't completely bad, but it's definitely the weakest part of the game.

(From what I understand, the boss - like many other things in Act 6 - was even worse in the first version of the game.)

Last edited:

They can be tough. What is their weak save?

I went in at Level 8 I believe. The weretigers were a big problem, but I want to say Fortitude is their weakness. I did use Stinking Cloud for the first group on the floor. What's key, is that there is a shrine which gives your whole party Improved Invisibility for several real-time minutes. I think it is a religion check. The floors after the weretigers are a joke comparatively. Only the first boss gave me trouble. I came back at 10 and wiped the floor with them.

Desiderius

Patron
I went in at Level 8 I believe. The weretigers were a big problem, but I want to say Fortitude is their weakness. I did use Stinking Cloud for the first group on the floor. What's key, is that there is a shrine which gives your whole party Improved Invisibility for several real-time minutes. I think it is a religion check. The floors after the weretigers are a joke comparatively. Only the first boss gave me trouble. I came back at 10 and wiped the floor with them.

The Fire Zombies are no joke, and the Water Elemental room may be harder than the boss if you're not prepared. Shrine effects are random.

Erebus

Arcane
Finally done !

I did have to lower the difficulty to Challenging. Winning on Hard would have required the RNG to smile down on me for more than 10 consecutive seconds and I simply didn't have enough patience to try try try again until that finally happened.

Putting that aside, I'd say that the main flaw of Act 6 is that the enemies are simply too repetitive. If they had been more diverse, the numerous fights would have been less of a chore.

Also, having enemies appear from nowhere right next to your characters is only okay if it happens very seldom or if you're given a chance (Perception, See Invisibility...) to prevent it from happening.

Desiderius Those elementals and cyclopes hit hard, but I have a spellcaster heavy party with lots of CC, AoE, and buffs. Being that my party was at least Lvl8, that's when things really got easier for me. Absolutely love the robe loot from the fire level.

Desiderius

Patron
Finally done !

I did have to lower the difficulty to Challenging. Winning on Hard would have required the RNG to smile down on me for more than 10 consecutive seconds and I simply didn't have enough patience to try try try again until that finally happened.

Putting that aside, I'd say that the main flaw of Act 6 is that the enemies are simply too repetitive. If they had been more diverse, the numerous fights would have been less of a chore.

Also, having enemies appear from nowhere right next to your characters is only okay if it happens very seldom or if you're given a chance (Perception, See Invisibility...) to prevent it from happening.

Well done.

Mixing up the endgame enemy selection will be one of the first jobs of future modders. Once the mobs get to share in some of the team synergy players enjoy you'll have a lot more challenging options.

Desiderius

Patron
Desiderius Those elementals and cyclopes hit hard, but I have a spellcaster heavy party with lots of CC, AoE, and buffs. Being that my party was at least Lvl8, that's when things really got easier for me. Absolutely love the robe loot from the fire level.

That Robe is close to the perfect item design. Very powerful ability that goes obsolete quickly but never quite fully given all the procs and critical save misses. Here it gets an Unfair Linnorm:

Bogeyman gets Linnorm.jpg

with the real, underappreciated value the boost to Knowledge (Arcane), a skill finally as important as it should be due to outstanding game design.

Erebus

Arcane
Mixing up the endgame enemy selection will be one of the first jobs of future modders.

Having shadows of all the kingdoms destroyed by Nyrissa suddenly take life really could be a great pretext to have plenty of different enemies turn up in the last part of the game.

Jackpot

Learned
Me 30 minutes ago:
"Wow, I'm glad I finally finished the house at the end of time, those wild hunt enemies were beyond annoying. I hope I never have to see them again!"

Efe

Erudite
you can always reload before the bonus act and end the game with house

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Vordakai's tomb wasn't bad. After I beat it I googled some of it and was surprised to see it was such a torment for some. I thought it was gonna be a restoration nightmare because of the poison hydras at the start, but it wasn't too bad after that. Just some specters that drained levels really. The only fight I had to reload a few times for was the water elementals, which I eventually beat by spamming haste and focusing on one at a time. End boss was a piece of cake. I had a much rougher time in the womb-bloom dungeon thing, because I didn't bring enough restoration.

Game's starting to feel a little long in the tooth. Hope the later chapters are maybe a bit shorter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom