Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm thinking that they are not happy with sales. It has sold 400k in the Asia region, so far.

Terra

Cipher
I'm not sure what they were expecting, changing genre like that for a mainline entry is gonna lose a certain percentage of the core audience you'd think.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Doubt it's attributable to the genre that much. The sales of Yakuza series, as is the case with almost every franchise in Japan, has been steadily decreasing.

Kaivokz

Arcane
It's a shame what they are doing with Yakuza: Like a Dragon.

NG+ and hardest difficulty will be sold as DLC. The Yakuza Team is one of my favorite studios around, but that is a very shitty move. As much as I love the series, I can't turn a blind eye to the greed. Most likely, I won't buy the game day one.
A couple of things to note:
The "hardest difficulty" only seems to be available on NG+, designed specifically for NG+, you don't have to pay to unlock the hardest difficulty for first playthrough.

NG+ & higher difficulty mode were not available on release in Japan (and may still not be out yet?) — if they're spending time and money over and above the base game to provide a NG+ mode and a well tuned new difficulty setting, I'd take that over a boring "free" NG+ with no reason to play it.

As far as I can tell, it is unannounced whether western releases will include the DLC for free, if it will be a day 1 paid DLC or if it will even be available.

So I wouldn't get too upset yet; it's not like they released the game and had a NG+ mode built, but made you pay more for it.

From trailers, I'm actually considering day one purchase of like a dragon. The gameplay looks original and the class mechanic could be really fun.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
FotNS on PC whennnnnnnnnn

So I started Yakuza 0, never played a yakuza game and..

[That's rad.]

I love everything about this

More and more I find myself recommending Y0 for all sorts of requests and situations. It just stands alone so well, and never seems to garner a negative reaction. Really has the whole Shakespearean comedy-tragedy back-and-forth sussed out.

Modron

Arcane
I got ptsd from Karaoke in Yakuza Kiwami 1 that grill wanted me to get 95%+ on the most brutal song, after getting 94% 14 times I gave up and uninstalled it just short of getting the last achievement.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I'd assume PC Gaming Show will do a digital event in June too. If there will be Yakuza for PC announcement, I think it would be there (like they did in 2018).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom