Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Defy the laws of nature as the Alchemist. Concoct unique creatures and reshape the world as you unearth the mysterious source of corruption in this open world RPG.

Deep in the forested hills of Talora, a young alchemist works to distil the very energy that flows through all living things - and to harness it. But when a strange corruption emerges from the forest one day, an initially wondrous experiment will send him down an ever-darkening path to find its source.

Codex Year of the Donut
VwXcDNA.png

ok steam I get it

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Digital demo booths are coming back on Steam in lieu of canceled conventions: https://venturebeat.com/2020/03/17/steam-game-festival-returns-to-highlight-40-upcoming-projects/

Steam Game Festival returns to highlight 40 upcoming projects

Valve is kicking off the Steam Game Festival: Spring Edition tomorrow. This event gives studios a chance to show off their in-progress projects through public, downloadable demos. The Steam Game Festival kicks off at 10 a.m. Pacific on March 18.

As part of the festival, Valve will showcase more than 40 games. You can find these on the event’s landing page on Steam once it goes live. This is the second Steam Game Festival. Valve held one in December that enabled gaming fans to get an early look at 14 upcoming releases.

In its press release, Valve points out that this is an important opportunity for developers:

“With 40+ titles featured, the Spring Edition highlights an even larger selection of games from studios who missed out on the chance to demo their games at showcases like Indie Megabooth, Day of the Devs, and The MIX during this year’s GDC.”

The Game Developers Conference was originally scheduled for this week. But GDC cancelled its March event earlier this month due to the spread of the coronavirus. That virus is so contagious (no one has immunity to it, though vaccines are in development) that it has forced many local and state governments in the U.S. to enact curfew or shelter-in-place quarantines to fight the pandemic. In Ohio, the governor even asked the state supreme court to delay voting in the primary election.

But even as millions of people isolate themselves to due their part to flatten the curve, game creators still have to eat. And Valve is giving some studios a chance to still put their games in front of people in a way that can help build excitement on the path to an eventual launch.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I surprisingly know only 6 of these considering I spend way too much time surfing random indie games feeds.
Really dig this winemaking game since I'm on a tycoon binge lately.

Modron

Arcane
Came to post ostriv but was beaten to the punch so have some Doom

Resident Evil 3 demo

Edit: forgot to include Panzer Corps 2

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
You can grab Tomb Raider (2013) and Lara Croft and Temple of Osiris for free now.
Only limitations are "no card drops".

Also - IIRC Doom64 on PC have additional episode, they should include that info on the store page.

cruel

Cipher
Not sure if this was posted - Steam top sellers for 2019:

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/2019_top_sellers

- Sekiro reached the highest, Platinum rank
- new Star Wars game and DMC5 reached Gold
- Code Vein was Silver (this was a surprise for me)
- KCD, Outward, Kenshi and Greedfall reached Bronze (probably best for any Spiders Game)

Surprising how well DOS2 and Witcher 3 are still holding up (both in bronze in 2019)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom